Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nephthys: Eygptian Goddess of the Dead

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Nephthys: Eygptian Goddess of the Dead 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 13, 2013 1:19am | Report
Nephthys is a non-burst, defensive mage. She doesn't qualify as support, but she can be one.

Pros: Good sustain and defenses.

Cons: Low mobility and little CC, poor waveclear.

Passive: Death Rites:
Nephthys gains a stack of Death Rites for every god death she witnesses or for every undead minion she has under her control. Each stack grants her 0.1 second of CC reduction, max seven stacks. All stacks are removed upon death.

I wanted to create a unique CC reduction mechanism that wasn't a clone of Tyr's.

1: Prayers for the Dead:
Nephthys summons an undead minion to serve her in battle. The minion has 100/200/300/400/500 health and deals 15/30/45/60/75 damage (+15% of your magical power) per strike. Minion mechanics are explained in detail below.

(Her bread and butter.)

Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11 seconds

2: Life Drain:
Nephthys directs her magical attacks at the souls of her enemies. Her basic attacks deal 10/20/30/40/50 additional damage (+20% of your magical power), and decrease enemy movement and attack speed by 15%.

(This seemed to synergize well with her minion mechanics.)

Cooldown: 14 seconds

3: Sinking Darkness:
Nephthys summons the darkness of the underworld, draining and damaging her enemies. They take 20/35/50//65/80 damage (+20% of your magical power) every second for four seconds. Enemies within the radius also lose 7/14/21/28/35 physical power (doubled for magical power).

(Too much power drain? I think it should be a bit more powerful than Witch Stone.)

Area: 15-foot radius Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14 seconds

Ultimate: Lamentations of the Living:
Nephthys gains 15/20/25/30/35% movement speed and attack speed and her minions respawn 1 second after death. Nephthys also becomes immune to crowd control for 3 seconds. This effect lasts 6 seconds total.

(Is the Crowd Control immunity too much? Is the ult too weak since it doesn't make the minions tougher? I tried to get a Zombie Apocalypse theme by a bunch of constantly respawning zombies.)

Cooldown: 90 seconds

Minion Mechanics Explained: Firstly, the minions share Nephthys' attack and movement speed, so that boost from her ultimate is granted to her minions too. Half her protections are granted to the minions. She can have a maximum of three minions at one time.

Secondly, like Vulcan, the minions' damage does not count as a damaging ability or a basic attack.

The minions follow Nephthys when they are not attacking. If she stands still, they try to cover her starting from the front. They automatically target enemies, prioritizing the ones who Nephthys hits with a damaging ability or basic attack, then the ones who last hit Nephthys. Gods are "sticky" targets; if they become prioritized they will stick to that god even with other triggers.

Lastly, Nephthys can "retract" the minions by right-clicking without any abilities selected. The minions will stop attacking and retreat to form a barrier around Nephthys. This resets any attack priorities.

So...what do you think?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by shakz180 » November 13, 2013 6:30am | Report
When you mean "prioritizing who Nepthys hits with a damaging ability" hopefully prioritizes gods over a minion yes? Within the area of course. She has an Aoe and an auto attack buff. It's gonna be hard when you lose a minion with an 11 second cool down because it was attacking an enemy minion and ended up being free farm. Just my opinion.

shakz180

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 13, 2013 5:20pm | Report
Uh, yeah, of course it prioritizes gods.

I'm try to balance the importance of her minions versus her overdependence on them. While she should be heavily weakened by the loss of her minions, she shouldn't become totally useless. Even Ares has a use when his shackles and No Escape are on cooldown.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daheri » November 13, 2013 6:43pm | Report
I've wanted a minion god/ess in Smite for sooo long. I think what would be cool, is if her 1 used the nearest corpse of a recently slain minion(obviously not one previously reanimated). This way, she could summon melee or ranged minions, or possibly even jungle camp monsters(or just downgrade these to regular lane minions). As it is now, it seems a lot like Arachne's spiders, just a lot better in all aspects except with no slow.

Daheri

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 13, 2013 10:24pm | Report
Well, this isn't the goddess of necromancy. Honestly, I wanted to incorporate some kind of revival mechanic as well, but I couldn't find a way to keep the spirit of the thing without making it unbalanced. (Kill Pos, and have him whirpool for you? No way.)

So, as it stands, she just summons generic undead minions. Sorry.

Also, I realized her Soul Drain was ridiculous, since a carry effect shouldn't really be on a tanky mage. Changed.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boochaca » November 17, 2013 4:52pm | Report
I like it, but i kinda think having 2 minions at 500 health at level 10 might be a little OP.
Should probably be based off a percentage of her health, or something, but then 6 of them at 20 with some, possibly, ridiculous amount of health would probably pretty OP.
I are tank good!
I Are Support good!
i also play Anhur or Zeus occasionally.
I enjoy playing Vulcan and doing what he does... whatever it is, and kicking ***.

boochaca

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 17, 2013 9:32pm | Report
Okay, I'll shift the numbers a bit.

She'll be able to have 3 maximum from the start, but the health scaling will remain the same. That way, the increase in power wouldn't be so stupidly steep.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phat_Cat » November 18, 2013 11:07am | Report
I have to say that I really like what you're going for. I've hoped for some sort of necromancy in Smite for a while. Now I'm new to the whole god creation thing but I feel like the minions should have some sort of slow for more of a teamfight presence, perhaps only when the ult is going? Say something like, each minion slows for 5-8% but each minion's slow is independent and stacks, kind of like Undying's tombstone if you play Dota 2. But either way, I like what I'm seeing so good job so far!

Phat_Cat

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }