Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Mist: The Valkyrie of Legend (Physical Assassin)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Mist: The Valkyrie of Legend (Physical Assassin) 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 4, 2013 2:54pm | Report
Mist is a Valkyrie that appears, to put it simply, in a list of names in the Poetic Edda. That's it. But that gives me plenty of freedom in design, so let's roll with it.

Role: Mist is a physical assassin with high mobility. Not recommended for jungling, due to lack of area attacks.

Passive: Like the Fog:
Mist gains 30% of her movement speed from items and buffs as magical and physical protections. Whenever she is hit, she gains 6% movement speed, up to three stacks, for 3 seconds.

1: Ethereal Wings:
Mist flies/dashes forward, slashing at the first enemy she contacts in a small cone, dealing 40/85/130/175/220 damage (+70% of your physical power) and knocking enemies upward.

Cooldown: 14 seconds

2: Cloak of Mist:
Mist creates a 30-foot radius cloud of, well, mist, and she is stealthed while in this mist and gains bonus attack speed and damage reduction from abilities. Attacking or using an ability reveals her for 0.5 seconds.

Bonus Attack Speed: 15/25/35/45/55% Damage Reduction: 30% Mist Lifetime: 8 seconds Cooldown: 18 seconds

3: Frost Slash:
Mist's basic attacks deal damage in a small AoE and stack a slow on the enemy, up to three stacks.

Slow: 12/14/16/18/20% per stack Buff Duration: 6 seconds Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11 seconds

Ultimate: Mist Blade:
Mist passively gains 10/20/30/40/50 physical power. When this skill is activated, Mist becomes untargetable for 0.8 seconds and blinks to an enemy god, dealing 70/115/160/205/250 (+70% of your physical power) per slash. For the next 2 seconds after casting this ability, you can cast it again for free. Successive strikes on the same target deal 20% less damage.

Max Number of Slashes: 4 Area: 10-foot radius circle Cooldown: 90 seconds

Strengths: High Speed, stealth ability, high mobility.

Weaknesses: Somewhat squishy, little burst damage.

So...what do you think?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » November 4, 2013 3:14pm | Report
Ok a few things. On her passive, a tanky assassin isn't the best of ideas, granted she seems to have low damage output, which then brings up another thing. She has no damage output, her only damaging ability is her dash which could be an escape. Her 2 I would just lower its duration to about 6 seconds. And is the 2 like Akali's Shroud thingy? And her ultimate is just so boring, so, so boring, also, does her passive bonus movement speed stack into protections? My recommendation is scrap the whole kit, but keep the interesting things, so I would say keepe Cloak of Mist and her dash.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 4, 2013 3:47pm | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

Ok a few things. On her passive, a tanky assassin isn't the best of ideas, granted she seems to have low damage output, which then brings up another thing. She has no damage output, her only damaging ability is her dash which could be an escape. Her 2 I would just lower its duration to about 6 seconds. And is the 2 like Akali's Shroud thingy? And her ultimate is just so boring, so, so boring, also, does her passive bonus movement speed stack into protections? My recommendation is scrap the whole kit, but keep the interesting things, so I would say keepe Cloak of Mist and her dash.

Her damage output is fine to me. Getting a 50 bonus to power and a passive attack speed bonus isn't nothing, and there are many gods who rely primarily on their basic attacks. Like Artemis, for example.

And of course base movement speed doesn't stack into anything, or Mercury would start +93.7 physical power.

But I agree that her ult is a bit boring. Revised it to be a bit more offensive in nature.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » November 4, 2013 5:11pm | Report
I SWEAR YOU CHANGED THE PASSIVE ON HER 3. I thought it was originally attack sped and at was her only passive buff. And I like the new ult a lot.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 5, 2013 11:41am | Report
75% slow for 7 seconds... Isn't that a bit OP? And before you mention Aos 1 it has a decent cooldown and is a skillshot, not a basic. Not to mention this doesn't even take into account FBH, so this can basically be a 7 second root. And depending on her base stats you may want to rework the buff layout for it so she doesn't start too strong (5/15/25/35/50 maybe)
I kind of like the passive, it gives her a bit of staying power, but it could be better. And i think the attack speed in her 2 should be movement speed because basic attacks reveal her in stealth so it doesn't seem to synergize very well with it. Where as making it a move speed buff would get her more defenses from her passive which would go better with the overall theme of her 2. Does her shroud have a delay to cast it, or is it instant? I would make it with a slight delay so she can't just tank an ult with it.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 5, 2013 3:21pm | Report
Update Log

-Lowered base damage on ultimate by 20, and reduced contributions by 10%, as well as lowering the period of untargetability to 0.8 seconds.

-Put Frost Slash' passive bonus into Mist Blade.

-Changed Frost Slash's duration to 6 seconds, and added passive attack speed and scaling slows. Slows lowered to 12/14/16/18/20% per stack.

-Cloak of Mist now has a flat 30% ability damage reduction

-Frost Slash is now like Freya's Pulse

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 5, 2013 3:21pm | Report
Sirsir94 wrote:

75% slow for 7 seconds... Isn't that a bit OP? And before you mention Aos 1 it has a decent cooldown and is a skillshot, not a basic. Not to mention this doesn't even take into account FBH, so this can basically be a 7 second root.

Yeah, I'll change it to...20%? 15%?. But I don't understand your second statement.

Sirsir94 wrote:
And depending on her base stats you may want to rework the buff layout for it so she doesn't start too strong (5/15/25/35/50 maybe)

I'm more worried about rushing it at least levels to get 25 bonus pp at level 6, which is way too strong. I think I should attach it to the ultimate instead.

Sirsir94 wrote:
I kind of like the passive, it gives her a bit of staying power, but it could be better. And i think the attack speed in her 2 should be movement speed because basic attacks reveal her in stealth so it doesn't seem to synergize very well with it. Where as making it a move speed buff would get her more defenses from her passive which would go better with the overall theme of her 2.

How can the passive be better, and in what way? More interesting, more effective, or what?

I should also rework the kit a bit, I'll put an update post.

Sirsir94 wrote:
Does her shroud have a delay to cast it, or is it instant? I would make it with a slight delay so she can't just tank an ult with it.

Instant.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 5, 2013 3:32pm | Report
I thought someone might bring up Ao's ridiculous slow, squall.

And honestly I'm not sure how to better her passive. I would say make it give physical power from speed, but thats just stealing Mercs. Or maybe invert it, so she gains part of her bonus power as a percent movement speed buff. The second part is perfectly fine.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 6, 2013 8:00am | Report
She'll be getting about 20 protections from level 3 tabis, if she has a base speed of 375.

Hopefully, Hastened Fatalis won't be totally broken on her...

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }