Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Item Idea: Knucklebones

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Item Idea: Knucklebones 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 27, 2013 8:20am | Report
Cost: 700/1650/2700

+0/10/20% Cooldown reduction
+5/15/25 magical and physical protections

Passive: Whenever you are hit by a damaging ability, you have a 5% chance of doubling your protections for 2 seconds. This effect can only occur once every 20 seconds.

This essentially looks like a white D20 with glowing numbers.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pellaroby » September 27, 2013 12:38pm | Report
This item is nice :) Ares or Hades would go pretty powerful with it. Nice one ;)
My IGN: Pellaroby Add me if you want :) we could play together sometime.

My fave gods are He Bo, Agni and Zeus :D

Check out my guide on He Bo He bo The Tanky Damager

Pellaroby

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » September 27, 2013 12:59pm | Report
No, just no. Any item/ability that is random just doesn't nit into Smite :/ In DotA, fine, but in Smite, no.

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » September 27, 2013 6:28pm | Report
Nope, I'm sorry, but don't add a random factor to ANY item, ever. And to boot, 5% is way too low of a percentage to be effective.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 27, 2013 7:26pm | Report
Eh. This is meant to be a situation item against certain gods, like Ao Kuang, Arachne, Anubis, etc.

FYI, Midgarian Mail.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » September 27, 2013 7:29pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Eh. This is meant to be a situation item against certain gods, like Ao Kuang, Arachne, Anubis, etc.

FYI, Midgarian Mail.

League of Legends, a game which Smite has many item similarities to, had an item that was almost the same as Midgardian Mail, to the point that it even had a percentage chance of happening. Now, the LoL equivalent of Midgardian Mail has been changed to always happen, and any other percentage items have been removed.

Hi-Rez is just slow to get on the bandwagon.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » September 28, 2013 12:50am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

League of Legends, a game which Smite has many item similarities to, had an item that was almost the same as Midgardian Mail, to the point that it even had a percentage chance of happening. Now, the LoL equivalent of Midgardian Mail has been changed to always happen, and any other percentage items have been removed.

Hi-Rez is just slow to get on the bandwagon.

They'll probably change this in the next patch, Erez said there will be new items and item changes this patch :)

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 28, 2013 2:44am | Report
Hrmm. That kind of sucks. I feel that luck is kind of an essential part of this item, as it is modeled after a die.

How about the effect only applies after getting hit by a damaging ability several times in rapid succession? Like you get a stack of Chance if you are hit by a damaging ability within 2 seconds, which maxes at...five stacks? Ten?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » September 28, 2013 5:36am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Hrmm. That kind of sucks. I feel that luck is kind of an essential part of this item, as it is modeled after a die.

How about the effect only applies after getting hit by a damaging ability several times in rapid succession? Like you get a stack of Chance if you are hit by a damaging ability within 2 seconds, which maxes at...five stacks? Ten?

How about you just make it simple on yourself and just completely remove the chance and balance around that fact?
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » September 28, 2013 8:45am | Report
What's the point of making it simpler for myself if it destroys the original image I had of the item?

'Nother idea:

And why not include more items with a random variable? After all, items like Bulwark of Hope and other "once every [time>20 seconds]" items depend on a certain amount of luck*, since you can't control when a fight happens.

*Which is really just worded cleverly.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }