Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hypnos - God of Time

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Hypnos - God of Time 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » March 6, 2014 6:35pm | Report
GOD OF SLEEP I MEANT, NOT TIME

Bio: War is not a time for sleep. War is endless peril, allied and enemy forces colliding on the course of battle and winning at all costs. Those who grow weary, die. As the god of slumber, Hypnos was never supposed to be involved in violence, for sleep brings one's fantasy into reality, so it was unfortunate when it was found that battle runs through his veins.

Hypnos and his brother Thanatos were cursed at birth. Everything they touched would fall into slumber but in his brother's case they would not awake. For Hypnos the dream they could awake from continued to be everlasting torture, a grim visage of one's fear come to life. It was during the great Trojan War he used this power. Demanded by his mother, Goddess of the night, he was to put Zeus to rest in order for peace to return to the land, but every time one would wake from slumber they'd be furious. A swollen rage, bursting with anger as they awoke. Though reluctant, he didn't dare to incur with his mother's wrath, and put the god of the heavens to slumber.

Perhaps if he was destined for battle, he could put his curse to good use. Restoring peace to lands by putting a god to rest. He had to remind himself however, that even eternal slumber was still slumber.
----
Passive - Sleep it Off:
After 6 seconds of not receiving damage, Hypnos passively regenerates .5% of his maximum health per second. This will stop if he receives damage from any other source but camp and lane minions. Additionally, enemies are still classified as asleep for an additional 5 seconds after effects.

Skill Key 1 - Resting Place:
Hypnos targets enemies, putting them to sleep, and causing them to uncontrollably sleepwalk opposite their general direction for .7/.8/.9/1/1/ second and dealing 100/130/170/220/280 (+ 70% of your magic power) magical damage to all enemies in the area.

Skill Key 2 - Sleep Paralysis
Passive: Enemies that are asleep lose 5/10/15/20/25 magical protections.
Activation: Hypnos slows all sleeping enemies into a stun for .6/.7/.8/.9/1 second, dealing 80/100/120/140/150 (+65% of your magical power). At max rank, nearby enemy gods are dealt 75% of the maximum Enemies stunned are still classified as asleep.

Skill key 3 - Enter the Realm
Hypnos activates his dream world, creating a large radius of dreams. Enemies around him during activation are feared for 1 second, all enemies in his dream world are slowed by 30%, dealing 20/25/30/35/40 (+60% of your magical power)

Skill Key 4: Ultimate � Night-terror
Hypnos chains to all nearby sleeping gods, slowing them by 60% and draining their health for 20/40/50/60/70 (+60% of your magic power) per tick every .5 seconds for 3 seconds. At the end, the Night-terror ends, exploding and dealing 100/200/300/400/500 (100% of your magic power). Enemies can escape the radius, breaking the chain, and dealing only 50% of the total damage.

Here are some:

Taunts:
"Eternal slumber is still slumber."
"Not getting enough sleep? Haha, let's fix that."
"Aren't you up a little bit past your bet time?"

Jokes:
"I went to the doctor of the gods. They say I was diagnosed with insomnia. How...ironic."

VEG - Nothing's gunna ever bring me down!
VER - You're actually not putting me to sleep!
VEW - -snoring noise-

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 6, 2014 6:58pm | Report
Hypnos isn't the god of time, Chronos is. Hypnos isn't even the 'god' of sleep, he's the personification of it.

But still well put together. I'll look at the skillset soon
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » March 7, 2014 12:29pm | Report
I'm gonna keep this simple.
Too much relies on his 1. I would rework his abilities to have some sort of effect on non-sleeping enemies(his 3 is fine though, I like it). It's like Anubis. If you miss his Mummify, you're f*cked.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » March 8, 2014 10:52am | Report
I don't even...I MEANT SLEEP. LOL. But yeah, god of SLEEP not time. I updated his third skill key.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }