Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hervor Alvitr: Valkyrie of Wisdom

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Hervor Alvitr: Valkyrie of Wisdom 8 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Which Version is Better?
I like her more as a physical assassin
I like her more as a physical support
I like her, but can't decide
I don't like her
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 25, 2013 1:59am | Report

Hervor Alvitr: Valkyrie of Wisdom

This time, I will be doing something different. I will present two versions of the entity in question, and ask which one is better.

Lore: What commander would abandon her soldiers?

Hervor Alvitr is not the strongest valkyrie, nor the fastest, nor the most beautiful. Her most formidable assets are her keen mind, and the loyalty she inspires in her subordinates. She leads her sisters-in-arms into battles beyond the hopes of mortals, against the nigh-invulnerable trolls and the powerful Vanir, battles that would scar her and mark her, but never break her.

When the two tribes of gods joined together, Hervor Alvitr relinquished her seat to Freya, who became the queen of the Valkyries. She became her always-reliable second-in-command, becoming renown not only for her skill at arms, but her sound advice for the new queen. Even if she were no longer their commander, Hervor Alvitr was just as respected.

But now, Freya is gone. Valhalla is near-empty, as the gods go to war. And Hervor Alvitr must once again perform her duty as a leader and rally her troops to battle.

Ragnarok is upon us. The war of the gods has begun. And even if the gods die, even if the world perishes in flames, Hervor Alvitr will protect those under her banner to the end.

Version 1: Physical Assassin

Version 2: Physical Support

So, what do you think? Which one is better?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » November 25, 2013 5:52am | Report
First up, go with the physical support.
Secondly, I think converting her into a magical guardian/tank would be better, since we don't have many tanks (plenty of mages and assassins) and we hadn't had a new tank (Vulcan rework doesn't count) in a long time. And yes, I know there aren't many Warriors as well, but I think that the last 10 gods, 7 of them were physical, none a Guardian, so...
Now as for the skills, If you decide to hear my advice and convert her to a magical tank, I think you'll figure out on your own how to change the abilities to a more supportive tank and less damage-ish.
Regardless, the abilities are all great, only one problem with the ult, as I disagree about reviving, but not protecting. So, instead try and consider to make the ult prevent a single death of one ally. I.e, lets say your ult is up, and you were teamed up with... Zeus. And the enemy gloriously balanced Mercury killed him, your ult will end and the killing blow of Zeus will hit you instead while he is healed by a % of the damage that was supposed o be caused to him. Something along the way of that.
Other then that, great job.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » November 25, 2013 7:32am | Report
I really really like both kits, but i think that for the support role to work better, lowering the damage output (especially on the 2) would make her more supporty. Otherwise she could just be built all damage and still do wonderful.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » November 25, 2013 9:27am | Report
I prefer the physical support, as I'm personaly not too keen on the assassin version. An assassin relies of heavy burst damage to quickly take out their enemies, but I don't really see her being able to do so.
Her first two abilities are defensive, sure, they are very GOOD defensive abilities, but I wouldn't say she needs both. I personally prefer the dash out of the two, as it makes her able to catch up to enemies ans escape, as well as give her some utility in fights.
Her 3...hm. Let's put it this way: It's kind of wierd. It deals decent damage, reduces the power of enemies and has a pretty long cooldown. As her only damaging ability, it is...wierd. I don't want to say bad, but to be honest, it kind of is. The fact that it reduces the POWER of enemies hit is also odd. It makes her even MORE survivable, which she doesn't need.

If we were to compare her to four other assassins:

Loki has great burst damage from his abilities and passive, and has a decent defensive ability.

Bakasura can take out enemies with the help of the massive penetration from his 1 and 3, which goes perfectly with his passive and ultimate. His defensive ability is also good.

Ne Zha is capable of taking out with the help of his ring, sash and ultimate. He also gains good basic attack improvements from his 2, and his passive gives him good sustain in the early game.

Thanatos is able to chase down enemies and instantly execute them. He is amazing: A percentage damage ability, an ability that makes it easier for him to catch up to enemies and damage them through their protections, an ability with good damage and a freakin' silence, as well as an execute. He also has incredible sustain and defense with his passive. Do I need to say more?

If you compare Hervor Alvitr to these four, you clearly see the thing here.
Q: What does she currently need? A: Damage or some kind of offense.

Q: What does she currently not need? A: More defense.

Now, another thing that I haven't even touched on is her ultimate. To me, it just seems underpowered. So, she gains movement speed, cc immunity and slightly increased range on her basic attack and third ability for 3 seconds. It also have a long 80 second cooldown.
It's just...odd, again.
It doesn't say how much movement speed though, so I can't really judge about that. Although I see some problems here:
1. The duration. It needs to be much longer, maybe not for the cc immunity, but the speed need a longer duration.
2. The cooldown. 80 seconds for this little? Needs to be shorter.
3. She doesn't need more of this utility/defense. Sure, you can use it to catch up to enemies, but for what? A 3 sec boost to movement speed with cc immunity, and with a 80 sec cooldown. Many goods have cc immunity on their ultimates (Apollo, Artemis, Anhur, Fenrir, Zhong Kui e.t.c.) but their durations are higher (about 2 seconds for Anhur, 5 seconds for Zhong Kui) and their ultimates have something better than a movement speed increase added to them.

I know you are creative, and I'm sure you can figure out something to do with this :)

BTW, I love the support version, although I think making her magical would be better.

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 25, 2013 1:45pm | Report
Jordenito wrote:

First up, go with the physical support.
Secondly, I think converting her into a magical guardian/tank would be better, since we don't have many tanks (plenty of mages and assassins) and we hadn't had a new tank (Vulcan rework doesn't count) in a long time. And yes, I know there aren't many Warriors as well, but I think that the last 10 gods, 7 of them were physical, none a Guardian, so...
Now as for the skills, If you decide to hear my advice and convert her to a magical tank, I think you'll figure out on your own how to change the abilities to a more supportive tank and less damage-ish.
Regardless, the abilities are all great, only one problem with the ult, as I disagree about reviving, but not protecting. So, instead try and consider to make the ult prevent a single death of one ally. I.e, lets say your ult is up, and you were teamed up with... Zeus. And the enemy gloriously balanced Mercury killed him, your ult will end and the killing blow of Zeus will hit you instead while he is healed by a % of the damage that was supposed o be caused to him. Something along the way of that.
Other then that, great job.

I'd prefer her as a physical support, ranging from squishy to bruiser depending on build, since there are none of them (Tyr, Sun, Odin, Herc and Vamana aren't really support).

The main problem I have with your ultimate suggestion is that if it was something like Poseidon's whirlpools, then the ultimate would end, Zeus would be healed for about 65 health, and the next tick of the whirlpool would kill him. I prefer a delayed revival just for that reason.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 25, 2013 1:50pm | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

I really really like both kits, but i think that for the support role to work better, lowering the damage output (especially on the 2) would make her more supporty. Otherwise she could just be built all damage and still do wonderful.

I'll lower contributions for her two to 50%.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 25, 2013 1:53pm | Report

I prefer the physical support, as I'm personaly not too keen on the assassin version. An assassin relies of heavy burst damage to quickly take out their enemies, but I don't really see her being able to do so.
Her first two abilities are defensive, sure, they are very GOOD defensive abilities, but I wouldn't say she needs both. I personally prefer the dash out of the two, as it makes her able to catch up to enemies ans escape, as well as give her some utility in fights.
Her 3...hm. Let's put it this way: It's kind of wierd. It deals decent damage, reduces the power of enemies and has a pretty long cooldown. As her only damaging ability, it is...wierd. I don't want to say bad, but to be honest, it kind of is. The fact that it reduces the POWER of enemies hit is also odd. It makes her even MORE survivable, which she doesn't need.

If we were to compare her to four other assassins:

Loki has great burst damage from his abilities and passive, and has a decent defensive ability.

Bakasura can take out enemies with the help of the massive penetration from his 1 and 3, which goes perfectly with his passive and ultimate. His defensive ability is also good.

Ne Zha is capable of taking out with the help of his ring, sash and ultimate. He also gains good basic attack improvements from his 2, and his passive gives him good sustain in the early game.

Thanatos is able to chase down enemies and instantly execute them. He is amazing: A percentage damage ability, an ability that makes it easier for him to catch up to enemies and damage them through their protections, an ability with good damage and a freakin' silence, as well as an execute. He also has incredible sustain and defense with his passive. Do I need to say more?

If you compare Hervor Alvitr to these four, you clearly see the thing here.
Q: What does she currently need? A: Damage or some kind of offense.

Q: What does she currently not need? A: More defense.

Now, another thing that I haven't even touched on is her ultimate. To me, it just seems underpowered. So, she gains movement speed, cc immunity and slightly increased range on her basic attack and third ability for 3 seconds. It also have a long 80 second cooldown.
It's just...odd, again.
It doesn't say how much movement speed though, so I can't really judge about that. Although I see some problems here:
1. The duration. It needs to be much longer, maybe not for the cc immunity, but the speed need a longer duration.
2. The cooldown. 80 seconds for this little? Needs to be shorter.
3. She doesn't need more of this utility/defense. Sure, you can use it to catch up to enemies, but for what? A 3 sec boost to movement speed with cc immunity, and with a 80 sec cooldown. Many goods have cc immunity on their ultimates (Apollo, Artemis, Anhur, Fenrir, Zhong Kui e.t.c.) but their durations are higher (about 2 seconds for Anhur, 5 seconds for Zhong Kui) and their ultimates have something better than a movement speed increase added to them.

I know you are creative, and I'm sure you can figure out something to do with this :)

BTW, I love the support version, although I think making her magical would be better.

Thanks for the detailed feedback :)

I think I will change her Dodge to be something else. It already feels too much like Chang'e's move, anyway. Now you'd have a decent combo - Sundering Strike, then the new ability, then use Pressing Advantage to catch up.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » November 26, 2013 7:18am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I think I will change her Dodge to be something else. It already feels too much like Chang'e's move, anyway. Now you'd have a decent combo - Sundering Strike, then the new ability, then use Pressing Advantage to catch up.

Exactly :)

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }