Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hermes - The God of Thieves

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Hermes - The God of Thieves 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 10, 2013 3:41am | Report
Yes, I KNOW Mercury is in the game. But this god plays with the other sphere of Hermes/Mercury's control - thievery.

Hermes is a melee physical assassin.

Passive: Nimble Fingers: Hermes gains 1-6 extra gold for each minion kill.

1: Trickster's Trick: Hermes vanishes and reappears at target location, damaging enemies in the intervening space for 60/100/140/180/220 (+70% of your magical power) and silencing them for 1/1.2/1.4/1.6/2.0 seconds.

Edit: This move cannot pass through walls.

Cooldown: 18 seconds.

2: Dazzling Display: Hermes spins on his hands* in a dazzling display of acrobatics, damaging enemies within a 15 foot radius and knocking them back. Damage: 90/150/210/270/330 (+60% of your physical power). Hermes must stand still for the duration. Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11 seconds.

3: Cunning Con: Hermes gains 15/20/25/30/35% movement speed and gains the ability to ignore unit collision. He increases the cooldowns of any god he passes through by 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds. This can only affect an enemy god one time. Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14 seconds.

Ultimate: Theft: Hermes instantaneously vanishes and reappears in the blink of an eye, stealing a god (at target location, like Loki's ult) 's ultimate. For 20 seconds, the chosen god cannot use that ult and Hermes can use it at his whim. The Ultimate's level is treated as Theft's level, and the magical power for each is treated as: 100/200/300/400/500.

At the end of the duration or when Hermes uses the stolen ult, it returns to the god. Any cooldowns are not progressed. If Loki does not use the ult, the cooldown period (for Theft) is halved.

Cooldown: 90/85/80/75/70 seconds.

*Yes, a breakdance.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Appollosnos » October 10, 2013 4:29pm | Report
It would be repetitive as he is already in the game as mercury

Appollosnos

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 10, 2013 4:39pm | Report
Broken.
P) I'm not sure if you play LoL but that's Twisted Fate's passive and is very drull, especially as a god who's clearly in the jungle and won't benefit from it. But past this he's overpowered
1) Is this a Combat Blinkesque ability? Instantaneous teleport isn't done with anybody but solely Loki on his ultimate. I find this a bad idea.
2) 330+60% is a lot of damage, but otherwise, since it effectively roots him, I can deal with this utility on an assassin
3) Nononono. Increasing cooldowns is unique but 3 seconds on every god in a teamfight is pretty ridiculous, even if not immediately apparent. I do question, however, if their CD is reset (As in, the spell is available and not on CD), does it activate the spell for a 3 second CD, or does it not affect that specific ability?
4) Oooooooooooverpowered. Steal Poseidon's Ult or Agni's Ult, GG. This would easily be (while unique) the most overpowered ability in the entire game. Also think about this: The CD is halved if it isn't used. That means at max rank, 35 seconds. He steals the ult for 20 seconds. That means that he can effectively make a god only be able to use their ult in a 15 window period that HE chooses. The other team will never be able to initiate a teamfight ever. This god will literally always be banned or the other team will lose, because he will immediately win teamfights.

Anyway, Appollosnos, he literally said in his first line he knows Mercury is Hermes.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 10, 2013 8:19pm | Report
Raventhor, I'm not honestly sure how much his passive would affect the game. I wish they'd release charts or something on how gold distribution affects games.

His little combat blink...well, I'm honestly curious to see how it would work out. You have to admit, this has never been done before in SMITE. I think I should put a little note here that it cannot pass though walls.

That move was inspired by Ezreal's little blink-esque teleport, which is available as a normal ability. Again, this is experimental, since I have no idea how it would affect the metagame.

As for his 3...well, he's supposed to be a squishy assassin. If he goes in the middle of an enemy team, he'd be squashed in an instant, even if he somehow manages to hit the entire enemy team before someone CCs him to death. And no, the spell is not activated, but it goes into cooldown for 1-3 seconds.

Basically, the idea of it was to restrict an enemy's options for a short time while giving him the opportunity to attack. Hermes is unlikely to wander into a group of more than two people. hit them both, and kill them before they gain their abilities back. Don't forget that it can only affect an enemy god once per use.

Hrm...interesting. I think you got one thing wrong - Hermes gains the ability, but his ultimate temporarily becomes the other god's ultimate. His cooldown does not activate until it is spent/wasted, so he will always be forced to have a cooldown of 35 seconds.

And the cooldown mechanics scale off of the main cooldown. So if he halves the cooldown, with cooldown items, it would be 90 x (cooldown reduction) before being halved. So in other words, with max cooldown, it would give a window of 27 seconds.

Is that still overpowered, or should I remove the halved cooldown entirely? The ability as a concept doesn't seem to be overpowered - just the numbers. Perhaps I should keep it at 90 seconds?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 10, 2013 8:41pm | Report
No I find the concept of the ult as a whole to be overpowered, no matter the CD, simply due to effectively ruining an entire class (since most mages are entirely based around their bursty ult in a teamfight). Steal a Chang'E ult and you basically win. If you have a Chang'E on your team as well, that's legitimately almost 10 seconds of CC on someone. The CD makes more sense now but I find the concept overpowered.

I can deal with the 3 since it'll force you to be in the middle of a fight but it means mages can't live against him. It's worse than Loki, because if you're a mage and you have no spells for a solid 3 seconds, no matter what you do, you're done. That's more than enough of a window for him to kill you, sadly. I dunno, I think it's unique and downright imaginative, I just find it overpowered, and I don't know how to tune it down.

For the 1, if it's the range of an ezreal ult I can deal with it, but I'd request a few things:
1) Make it very short range. Like how far Vulcan can place a turret, maybe a tad longer.
2) Make it not able to go through walls. He already has a movement speed increase and a knockback to escape, plus this miniblink. If he can go through walls to he is an unkillable jungler and his ganks are too scary.

**Ok note here** I want you to see my thought process as I was typing it, but I just reread and saw that it can't go through walls directly in your post, so kudos there. But I still want to emphasize it should be short range. Enough solely to dodge a quit skillshot or repoisition, not enough to entire enter or leave a fight, or to skip past an entire team. It should be minimal.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 10, 2013 10:21pm | Report
I think that I may have not stated this clearly enough (since we're talking about multiple ultimates without clarifying whose), but the ultimate is not spent for the enemy god. So if I stole Pos' Kraken, and he survives, he could do the same right after Hermes uses it first or the duration ends.

Perhaps the period of time when Hermes could use it should be lowered to 10-15 seconds.

But if that is also overpowered, then I am stumped. I wanted to create a thief god, and I need the ultimate to be related to thievery in some way. Steal HP or defenses makes him feel like a vampire, and stealing abilities seems to be overpowered. I hate to admit it, but I need ideas.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }