Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Golden Bow Rework Idea

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Golden Bow Rework Idea 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 13, 2013 3:42pm | Report
Cost: 800/1500/2000

+5/10/15% physical lifesteal
+5/10/15 physical penetration
+5/10/15 Hp5

Passive: Your basic attacks deal 50% of their damage in a 15-foot area. Enemies can only be hit once by this additional damage per basic attack. (So Mercury can't proc this four times on one target).

If you're wondering, this item is intentionally built an early game item. Mainly for junglers. But it can also be good for gods who have poor waveclear.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 13, 2013 3:45pm | Report
Not sure if I like it, though. No more movement speed, no more crit chance. There's already a SERIOUS lack of both of those traits in items (the only viable crit is on GB, Malice/Rage, and DB, and for physical the only viable MS is on Fatalis, Heartseeker, and GB. MAYBE** Witch Stone).

But I would like this branch for people who want tankiness instead of damage on golden bow. Obviously it's not *tanky* per se, but the lifesteal and hp5 provide sustain over burst.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 13, 2013 4:09pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Not sure if I like it, though. No more movement speed, no more crit chance. There's already a SERIOUS lack of both of those traits in items (the only viable crit is on GB, Malice/Rage, and DB, and for physical the only viable MS is on Fatalis, Heartseeker, and GB. MAYBE** Witch Stone).

But I would like this branch for people who want tankiness instead of damage on golden bow. Obviously it's not *tanky* per se, but the lifesteal and hp5 provide sustain over burst.

Er, aren't those the only crit items?

Actually, I wanted to ask you if you ever use the Golden Bow at all on gods who aren't Mercury. It just doesn't seem to give much. Crit chance is too weak to be useful, Movement speed is too weak to be useful, physical power is underwhelming, and frankly, I feel the price is too high.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » December 13, 2013 4:13pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Er, aren't those the only crit items?

Actually, I wanted to ask you if you ever use the Golden Bow at all on gods who aren't Mercury. It just doesn't seem to give much. Crit chance is too weak to be useful, Movement speed is too weak to be useful, physical power is underwhelming, and frankly, I feel the price is too high.

I used to use it on Artemis, back when I was young and naïve. I used to build for the highest crit chance possible, so I bought all crit items.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 13, 2013 4:18pm | Report
Bakasura for sure. Note his ult makes his *basic* attacks cone. It does not remove their status as basic attacks.

Also used to use it on heavy autoa ttack based champions with no waveclear. Apollo, Artemis, etc.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » December 13, 2013 4:21pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Bakasura for sure. Note his ult makes his *basic* attacks cone. It does not remove their status as basic attacks.

Also used to use it on heavy autoa ttack based champions with no waveclear. Apollo, Artemis, etc.

If I recall correctly, they removed this from Bakasura's ult, sadly.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 13, 2013 4:38pm | Report
Dark Jaw wrote:

If I recall correctly, they removed this from Bakasura's ult, sadly.

Can confirm; no longer works on Bakasura ultimate.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 13, 2013 4:51pm | Report
My fault, whoops. Never a big baka player, but did used to do that.
Sadness.
I'd still take it on him regardless, because it's very worth to build him full attack speed to benefit from the true damage, and the AoE from all the basic attacks will rot a team or a minion wave.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }