Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Golden Bow Rework

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Golden Bow Rework 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 28, 2013 3:08am | Report
+4/8/12% physical lifesteal
+8/14/20% attack speed
+10/20/30% crit chance

Passive: Your basic attacks deal 50% of their damage in a 15-foot radius around the target.

Why no physical power? Because there are other places to get it.

Why lifesteal? Because the only people who get this are usually junglers or melee characters, who typically need sustain. This would make a decent second item.

Why the buffed crit chance? Because if you are going to buy the old golden bow, you wouldn't be doing so for the pitiful 10% crit chance.

Why no movement speed? 5% movement speed might as well be nothing.

How much should this item be priced?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 28, 2013 4:31am | Report
You know what might be an interesting idea? Maybe, and just maybe, try to adjust this for jungling. It could be a 1 tier item like Bumba's Mask. Just some food for thought. However, if this were to be a three tier item, then just offering Crit Chance and Lifesteal is a terrible mix. It needs damage in order for both of those to work, and for this to be a worthwhile purchase.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 28, 2013 5:22am | Report
Well, unlike Bumba's mask, this "damage spread" is intended to be for all points in the game. If I made it a starter item (aka an item that becomes useless late game), it won't really be a replacement for the Golden Bow. Besides, we already have a pretty powerful jungle starter item.

If I raised the price and added some more physical power, would that work? (Also, I think just crit and lifesteal is fine. Same reason why Asi is a good starter item, base stats are enough early game.)

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 28, 2013 10:47pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Well, unlike Bumba's mask, this "damage spread" is intended to be for all points in the game. If I made it a starter item (aka an item that becomes useless late game), it won't really be a replacement for the Golden Bow. Besides, we already have a pretty powerful jungle starter item.

If I raised the price and added some more physical power, would that work? (Also, I think just crit and lifesteal is fine. Same reason why Asi is a good starter item, base stats are enough early game.)

The only problem is that Crit chance and Lifesteal don't multiply with each other as well as, say, life steal and attack speed. The reason ADCs scale so well into late game is all their stats multiply eachother's effectiveness. Damage causes crits to deal more damage, attack speed makes crits occur more often, and damage makes lifesteal more potent. However, crit chance and lifesteal are the only two which I feel don't work well just like that, so if there is no damage to make the other two effective, this will be a late game purchase.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » October 28, 2013 10:52pm | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

The only problem is that Crit chance and Lifesteal don't multiply with each other as well as, say, life steal and attack speed. The reason ADCs scale so well into late game is all their stats multiply eachother's effectiveness. Damage causes crits to deal more damage, attack speed makes crits occur more often, and damage makes lifesteal more potent. However, crit chance and lifesteal are the only two which I feel don't work well just like that, so if there is no damage to make the other two effective, this will be a late game purchase.

So, for my sake, just to clarify, are you saying if you get a crit that you won't gain more health back than you would with a regular basic?

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 29, 2013 1:28am | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

So, for my sake, just to clarify, are you saying if you get a crit that you won't gain more health back than you would with a regular basic?

Hmm, no. What I'm saying is that those two stats don't work well without damage or even attack speed. The thing is, a crit, early to mid game, isn;t going to deal a whole lot of damage unless you rush something, say, a Deathbringer. The thing is, with those stats, this item won;t feel like a worthwhile purchase, when there's so many great items. I'm just saying, that if damage were to be added to this item, then this item would have it's niche of an early game item that you rush if you want to push the lane.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 29, 2013 3:16am | Report
Er, from my experience, I have to disagree. When playing as Artemis in levels 1-4, I find that a few lucky crits in a row can deal great damage. Yes, later, this item isn't very optimal, but this is meant to be used fairly early.

I have one point of evidence to support me: Asi is another early game item that is widely used, despite having no physical power. By your logic, since pure attack speed doesn't increase your damage more than simply getting damage, then it isn't a worthwhile purchase.

If 30% attack speed is useful enough, then I'm sure you can say that 30% crit chance is also useful.

If I must change the item, I will not change the crit aspect. There needs to be more crit items in SMITE.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 29, 2013 4:58am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Er, from my experience, I have to disagree. When playing as Artemis in levels 1-4, I find that a few lucky crits in a row can deal great damage. Yes, later, this item isn't very optimal, but this is meant to be used fairly early.

I have one point of evidence to support me: Asi is another early game item that is widely used, despite having no physical power. By your logic, since pure attack speed doesn't increase your damage more than simply getting damage, then it isn't a worthwhile purchase.

If 30% attack speed is useful enough, then I'm sure you can say that 30% crit chance is also useful.

If I must change the item, I will not change the crit aspect. There needs to be more crit items in SMITE.

Then add attack speed. All I'm saying is that Lifesteal and Crit chance don;t function 'well' with each other. What I am saying is by adding damage, or even attack speed, this item can have a niche as an early game pushing/farming item, were as buying a deathbringer would be more of a 'getting more kills' option.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 29, 2013 8:49am | Report
K, here's the cost, and I adjusted the stats a bit to include attack speed.

700/1550/2450

Not too expensive, but certainly not cheap.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }