Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Gods we want to see

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Gods we want to see 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Husonaut90 » December 14, 2012 6:16am | Report
Hey, this thread is dedicated to all the gods we know and love, and we really want to see in Smite.

Mine are:

Kokopelli, a mayan deity
Autoattack range: Melee
He is a god of fertility, usually depicted with a big... flute. Little girls are often afraid of him for this. He is the god of children, fertility, agriculture, seeds and music, there is a lot of potential for a support god here. His attacks could look as follows:
1) Kokopelli plants a seed in an targeted area, after 3 seconds a little tree grows out of the targeted area. This tree grows fruits wich fall to the ground and heal an ally champion or Kokopelli himself when picked up. Kinda like Cupid's heal, only the tree can also block enemies and can be shot down before he drops the fruits.
2) A Cleanse ability, when activated this has a "cleanse" effect on Kokopelli, a swarm of children appear and carry him to safety (different walking animation).
3) Kokopelli jumps to a targeted area and on landing, he spills seeds on the ground wich slow all enemies in the area.
4) Kokopelli plays you the song of his people, all enemy around Kokopelli are stunned for 3 seconds, Kokopelli himself however is also "occupied" while playing the song, unable to take any action.

http://wardley.org/images/graphics/kokopelli/kokoline1.gif

Quetzalcoatl, a mayan deity
Autoattack range: Melee
As a flying snake-like deity, Quetzalcoatl is often attributed with wind and mercy, but sometimes also with thunder and lightning. Reports of his abilities often vary from culture to culture, so there is some room for interpretation.
1) With his heavenly agility, Quetzalcoatl quickly repositions himself on the battlefield. An instant targetet flash with a fairly long cooldown, how about 20 seconds? Maybe 19/18/17/16/15 as the level of this ability progresses.
2) Quetzalcoatl blows a stong wind in the direction he is facing, cone-like, blowing all enemies it hits away from him. For escapes/repositioning.
3) A lightning-AoE that sparks all nearby enemies for a set amout of damage (40/80/120/160/200 or so) on activation with a small cooldown, 3 seconds, maybe 2, depending on the damage output.
4) A game-wide ability with strikes all enemies for a set amout of damage, except the ones standing in their base. (120 sec cd? 200/350/500 dmg?)

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs47/f/2009/205/1/3/Quetzalcoatl_2_0_by_el_grimlock.jpg

Janus, a roman deity
Autoattack range: ranged (He throws little stones at the enemy)
Janus is the god of beginning and end, and he was the father of all roman gods before they adapted Zeus from the Greek mythology. He is also the god of Doors and Gates. On his head he has 2 faces, one facing left and one facing right, looking to the beginning and the end at the same time. In his right hand he carries 300 stones, in his left hand 65, representing the 365 days of the year. The month of January, the first month of the year, is also named after him.
1) Janus throws a key to target location. Depending on who picks it up, it has a different effect. Janus himself can pick the key up too, if he does so the cooldown refreshes immediatly and half of its manacost is returned. Walking over a key means automatically picking it up, you can not choose not to. Bonus effects are also granted to Janus if he picks it up himself.
2) Janus summons a gate through wich you can walk. Enemy gods take damage when walking through the gate, while allied gods are healed. If an enemy champion is walking through the gate while holding the key from Janus (1), they are slowed by 30% for 3 seconds. If an allied god walks through the gate while holding Janus' key they are hasted for +30% for 3 seconds.
3) Janus something something something plus key effects Im not very creative atm.
4) Janus teleports to target location on the map within a wide radius. If Janus has not thrown his (1) key in the last 20 seconds, the area to wich he can teleport is increased significantly. Consider not throwing your key around when you think you'll be teleporting shortly.

http://ogritodoinimigo.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/janus_15984_lg.gif

Let me know what you think, post your own "I wanna see that" gods in here and leave a comment! :)
Ziggs [14:65]: try to hold ez at tower, ill ult
Tristana [14:59]: he'll blink away
Ziggs [15:03]: no he wont
Tristana [15:06]: u sure?
[All] Ziggs [15:10]: HEY ERZEAL

[All] Ezreal [15:14]: whaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
[All] Ezreal [15:18]: *** you

Husonaut90

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JeremiahBrewski » January 30, 2013 7:43am | Report
I was looking at other cultures that have their own mythologies and though I don't have any specific gods in mind, I think using the Celtic mythology would be quite awesome.

JeremiahBrewski

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » January 31, 2013 4:15pm | Report
Quetzalcoatl looks like a ao kaung reject xD

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » February 1, 2013 6:05pm | Report
POSEIDON
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by narucabra » February 7, 2013 10:08am | Report
Cthulhu would be an awesome addition to the roster of dieties

most likely a melee/tank champ specializing in CC ( fear , slow, stun)
or if we want to half *** it just take a nautical theme

Quetzalcoatl could be fun as well but as far as the wind burst ability maybe modify it to make a wind tunnel effect. moving one direction on it is a speed boost moving the oposite way acts as a slow. good for cutting off retreats or launching your team into the fight.

I like that we already have loki and hel but the family won't be complete till we get Fenrir and Jörmungandr

honorable mentions also include:
Nyarlathotep the creeping chaos
Hastur the king in yellow
Tsathoggua
Hypnos God of sleep
Nemisis goddess of vengence
Hybris goddess of violence
Dysnomia Goddess of lawlessness

narucabra

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fat2Mad » February 13, 2013 3:30pm | Report
Hermes - God of boundaries, travel, communication, trade, thievery, trickery, language, writing, diplomacy, athletics, and animal husbandry. (Greek)
Aether - The god of the upper air and light (Greek)
Erebos - The god of darkness and shadow (Greek)
Gaia - Personification of the Earth (Mother Earth); mother of the Titans.
Kronos - The leader of the Titans and father of Zeus
Prometheus - Titan of forethought and crafty counsel, and creator of mankind. Stealer of the Olypian Fire. Eaten by a Eagle.

Jum sum - God of Sleep and Dreams (Chinese)
Ksitigarbha/Dayuan Dizang Pusa - Ruler of the ten hells (Buddhism, Chinese)
(((Four Heavenly Kings - Four (!) Buddhist guardian Gods standing for one direction each))) (Chinese)

Luison - God of Death and all things related to it (Guarani, South america)

Fat2Mad

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Husonaut90 » March 4, 2013 3:48am | Report
Since someone asked me to do a hermes, I'll try one.

Djuro did one, I'll post it here real quick. +rep him if you think it's well done.

Djuro wrote:

Hermes - God of commerce, speed, travel, and thieves

Passive - Natural speed
His movement and attack speed increase with his level.

1. Super Speed
Hermes and all nearby allies have there movement increased by 15%/20%/25%/30%/35% for 3 seconds.

2. Fast strikes
When used your auto-attack speed is increased by 40%/50%/60%/70%/80%/ for 2/3/4/5/6 seconds.

3. Deathly Dash
Hermes dashes forward leaving the trail and everyone that steps in is stunned for 0.5/1/2/2.5/3 seconds.

4. Caduceuses Rage.
Hermes rises his staff and releases serpents damaging enemy players within the radius for 250/320/400/490/550 (80% of your physical power) and draining half of the damage he does (minus lifesteal for each enemy god hit by the ability)

I think that I have a good idea for the god but maybe some numbers for damage and stuns and what not are not so balanced but I had an idea ^^.

My Hermes is different; I think its okay to make him into an a) quick and b)physical God, cause those ARE his traits after all.

I'd love to see hermes like this:

His autoattack is Melee, he hits enemies with his staff.

Passive: Godly Agility - His movement speed increases with his level by a flat amout. (Thanks to Djuro for this idea, I feel free to steal it :P) (Not his attack speed though~)

1) Heavenly Dash - Hermes Dashes forward for a fixed distance, and for the next 3 seconds, he can re-activate the abilty to dash back to where he originaly was, even through walls. (Much like bastet, but the real deal comes with his other abilites)

2) Sharp Harp - Hermes takes out his harp and pulls on it sharply. All enemy gods in his surrounding are stunned for 0,5 seconds and take a little magic damage.

3) Thievery - (Short range AoE) Hermes steals a random Item from his opponent for the next 5 seconds (just items, no abilites, so your beads are safe.) If there is more than one god near him, he chooses a random god from wich he steals a random item. The item is returned to the enemy once the effect ends.
Potions cannot be stolen.
Cooldown: 20/16/12/8/5
On lvl 5, this ability has a 5 second cooldown, so you can have one more item permanently while close to an enemy god.

Thievery can not be activated if there are no enemy gods in its range, so you don't waste it and get nothing.

4)
This abilty has two effects:
Active: Hermes (and nearby ally gods) gains a flat movementspeed bonus and every of hermes attacks deals bonus magic damage for ~ 10 seconds?
Passive: When he is not in combat for 12/10/8/6/4 seconds, he gains movementspeed every second, up to an extreme amout.

Hermes should be played as a ganker. He might not be the most viable against ranged champs, but he can surely survive in a 2v2 lane. From the moment you get your ult, you should push the enemy back to his tower and gank another lane, cause this is what he would excel at:

Ganking other lanes and catching up to enemies. Especially if you manage to stun them and then steal their shoes.

So the moment you get your ult, GET GOING. Your ult's passive is making it really hard to react to you coming to a lane, even if they have wards, you can just run past it with your movement speed.

Against Hermes, you should consider buying more low lvl items instead of upgrading one, because if that one gets stolen he gets to benefit from it the next 5 seconds. If you have more lower lvl items, the effect loss is not that hard.
Always be on the lookout for incoming ganks, as you have to be at your tower. He HAS a stun. Do NOT push your lane if you don't know where he is.
Ziggs [14:65]: try to hold ez at tower, ill ult
Tristana [14:59]: he'll blink away
Ziggs [15:03]: no he wont
Tristana [15:06]: u sure?
[All] Ziggs [15:10]: HEY ERZEAL

[All] Ezreal [15:14]: whaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
[All] Ezreal [15:18]: *** you

Husonaut90

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by deadpoolherpderp » March 6, 2013 3:14am | Report
Im sorta amazed they don't have Isis yet.

deadpoolherpderp

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 6, 2013 5:55am | Report
Or Osiris for that matter.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelkami » March 10, 2013 12:39pm | Report
One god I'd love to see in Smite is Vidar. One of the sons of Odin, who was supposedly just s powerful as Thor, ans is the slayer of Fenrir. On the subject of Norse gods, I think Loki's brood trio should be completed with Jormungandr, the serpent who fought Thor during Ragnarok.

While not necessarily a god, I think an interesting addition would be Da Ji, from Chinese mythology. In the novel Fengshan Yanyi, she is possessed by a fox demon, and invents multiple torture devices, including the Paolao and Snake Pit.

Zelkami

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }