Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Idea: Zhu Wuneng, the banished marshal (Chineese)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Idea: Zhu Wuneng, the banished marshal (Chineese) 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » June 21, 2013 3:39am | Report
Hello folks! So, I did some research about Sun Wukong (especially his journey to the west) to see if i could come up with ideas for his new kit, when i read about another of Xuanzang's helpers; Zhu Wuneng (Also known as "Pigsy"). He was a marshal in the heavens, but got banished to the earth and turned into a pig by the Jade Emperor after flirting with the Moon Goddess. Here is my ideas for him:

Name: Zhu Wuneng
Title: The Banished Marshal
Role: Physical bruiser
Pros: Good Defense, Good CC, High Single target damage, Great mobility
Cons: Mana hungry, Focused in teamfights, Squishy

Apperance: He looks a lot like storm spirit from DotA 2, but the clothes are red, yellow and blue, and of course he is a pig. he has a veeery big belly :-). He wields his nine-toothed rake, but the teeth are usually retracted unless using abilities, and therefore it looks like he is fighting with a large, bomboo-like pole (Think of Pandamonium from HoN). His basic attack also utalize a five swing chain, where the first two are pokes, the third and fourth are slams, and at the fifth hit he spins around. The chain goes like this: 1>1>1,5>1,5>2x damage and swing time.

Stats: Will be added.

Abilities:

Passive: "Belly of the Banished". Every time Zhu Wuneng is hit by a basic attack he becomes resistant to the same damage for some time.
Resistance to basic attacks per stack: 5%
Max stacks: 3
This is what makes Zhu Wuneng such a good bruiser, with the ability to take less damage the more enemies attack him. As you can see, the max resistance to basic attacks is 15%, so I don't think it is overpowered.

Ability 1: "Roundhouse Knockout". Zhu Wuneng stabs his rake at the targeted location. He then jumps to it and swings around it once, dealing physical damage and knocking back all nearby enemies.
Cast time: 2 seconds
Physical damage: 80/145/215/280/355 (+85% of your physical power)
Cost: 55/60/65/70/75 Mana
Cooldown: 13 seconds
This is Zhu Wuneng's main damage ability. It can be good both for keeping enemies at bay or doing some great damage. The damage is a little lower than Hercules Driving Strike, and compensates that by the fact that it's an AoE. Note that this is NOT concidered a movement ability.

Ability 2:"Meal Break". Zhu Wuneng eats a bunch of berries, making him immune to all NEW cc. When he is done eating, he resumes fighting by laughing, whitch encourages himself and his nearby allies, making them gain movement speed and power based on their main attribute (mages gain magical power, fighters gain physical e.t.c).
CC immunity duration: 3 seconds
Movement boost: 15%
Power boost: 10/15/20/25/30 power
Boost duration: 5 seconds
Cost: 45/50/55/60/65
Cooldown: 19 seconds
This is Zhu Wuneng's preparing tool before a fight, or when he is in trouble. Note that it does NOT make him break free from any cc taht is already applied on him, it just makes him immune to NEW cc. This can also help his team chase down enemies, as they also gains speed and power. Also note that he doesn't laugh directly, but AFTER the 3 seconds duration.

Ability 3:"Heavy Acrobatics". Zhu Wuneng rushes a short distance forward and stabs his rake into the ground. He then uses the rake as a jumping pole and goes over units and walls, doing physical damage and applying a slow when he lands.
Physical damage: 60/110/160/210/260 (+40% of your physical power)
Slow: 15%
Slow duration: 3 seconds
Cost: 50/55/60/65/70 mana
Cooldown: 14 seconds
This is probably the ability you want to max out last. It is mainly used for utility, to get over walls or in/out of a fight. THIS is concidered a movement ability, and will therefore not work when crippeled. The slow helps him and his team to chase down enemies.

Ultimate:"Poof!". Zhu Wuneng dashes to targeted location. After dashing, his next basic attack does more damage. This ability holds up to four charges, and a new charge is avalible after some time.
Charge respawn time: 18 seconds
Max charges: 4
More damage: 3/6/9/12/15%
Cost: 30/40/50/60/70 Mana
Couldn't really write a cooldown for this, think of it as Agni's ulti. This is what makes Zhu Wuneng very irritating to fight against, as he will just dash around the battlefield. He does not collide with units or gods while dashing.

Quotes:

His voice would sound alot like storm spirits, and he would have the same sense of humor.

"I have arrived!" - Entering the arena
"Puh, It was a looong trip!" - Entering the arena
"Here I come!" - Casting Roundhouse Knockout
"Weeeeee!" - Casting Roundhouse Knockout
"Nomnomnom..." - Casting Meal Break
"Hahahahahahaha!" - After casting Meal Break
"Watch out below!" - Casting Heavy Acrobatics
"Incoming!" - Casting Heavy Acrobatics
"Poof" - Casting Poof!
"Here I am! - Casting Poof!
"Did you miss me? - Casting Poof!
"I'm over here!" - Casting Poof!
"They call me Zhu Wuneng, the banished marshal, the pig that seeks power, Xuanzang's third helper, but you can call me Pigsy!" - Joke
"You better watch out if you don't want THIS RAKE up your butt!" - Taunt

Hope you liked the concept, I have tweaked some thing now! I'm looking forward to share more of my Smite thoughts her at SmiteFire! Any response to this thread is welcome :)

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » June 21, 2013 5:22am | Report
"after flirting with the Moon Goddess"
Tell me more :O
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » June 21, 2013 5:28am | Report
Passive: Needs duration...

Ability 1: Perfect

Ability 2:Cooldown and mana cost?

Ability 3:Perfect , sounds cool!

Ultimate: So its like storm spirit ultimate with Agni charges? Cool! Perfect

Duration to create a charge?
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » June 21, 2013 6:19am | Report
Passive. There's one major problem I have with this ability, and I'll quote it:
"I think this gives Zhu Wuneng-players some courage to turret dive early."
This is the complete opposite to what you want to be promoting. If you are struggling in lane, then your turret is basically your only safe haven. This passive removes this safe haven, simply leaving gods with no way to farm safely if they are doing badly in lane. I believe you should flat out remove the damage reduction from turrets.

1. Fine in all honesty. I suppose the scaling could be toned down to say about 75%. It's a relatively high scaling for a bruiser.
2. I like it. Just add a cooldown etc.
3. Once again, I like it. He's lacking cc, so maybe add a slow to this ability and it'll be good.
4. Once again, I like it. Will there be a cooldown between dashes though, or can you simply dash four times in a row instantly?

And now comes to the major problem of this idea. Why would anyone want him on a team? He literally offers nothing but damage as a bruiser. I mean, people would prefer Thor for his damage, as well as his utility and instant global presence. Some people may choose Fenrir for his displacement capabilities as well as amazing ganks and assassinations. Your idea offers none of this. I suppose that he does have mild ganking capabilities, but other bruisers simply do it better because they have cc. The only niche your idea has is mobility, but doesn't help your team at all, just yourself.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » June 21, 2013 7:07am | Report
I'm glad you guys liked it, and I see what you mean with him not offering much. I'll see if I can come up with something. :)

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » June 21, 2013 7:34am | Report
There, changed some things! I think he offers some help to the team now :)

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » June 21, 2013 9:01am | Report
If you use your ult, does it affect just one basic attack? Or the five swing chain?

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » June 21, 2013 9:22am | Report
It only effects your next attack, nothing else, and does not stack :)

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » June 21, 2013 9:41am | Report
Is the 5 swing chain just for appearance? Or does it increase damage?

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » June 21, 2013 10:17am | Report
I've updated it now. As you can see it goes like this: 1>1>1,5>1,5>2x damage and swing time :)

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }