Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Idea: Thoth, the God of Invention

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Idea: Thoth, the God of Invention 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » October 19, 2013 3:53pm | Report
Ok, so it's really late when I'm posting this, but I really wanted to post this idea.

Thoth, the God of Invention

Patheon: Egyptian
Role: Mage
Pros: High area of effect damage, medium sustain, great wave clear

Passive: Empowering Was

Ability: Buff
Affects: Self

After using an ability Thoth charges up his Was. When hitting with a basic attack a charge is consumed and the attack has different effects betending on what target is hit. Minions hit take 100% more damage from it and enemy gods hit loose some of their maximum mana. The lost mana is stolen by Thoth.

Maximum charges: 3
Buff duration: Infinite
Bonus damage: 100%
Mana steal: 5% of target's maximum

First Ability: Charged Bolt

Ability: Line
Affects: Enemies

Thoth creates a bolt that charges up for up to 2 seconds. After the duration the bolt sends out three electrical pulses in a line that does magical damage. If an enemy is hit by all three pulses it is stunned. Thoth can re-activate this ability to send out the pulses earlier, but with a longer duration between pulses.

Time between pulses: 0,75-0,2 depeneding on detonation
Magical damage per pulse: 30/45/60/75/90 (+25% of magical power)
Total magic damage: 90/135/180/225/270 (+70% of magical power)
Stun duration: 1,5 seconds
Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8 seconds
Mana cost: 70/80/90/100/110 mana

Second Ability: Clockling

Ability: Ground target
Affects: Enemies

Thoth throws out a clockling to the targeted location that takes some time to start. When it starts, it will target the nearest enemy and charge towards it. When hitting the enemy it explodes, doing magical damage and slowing in an area.

Start setup: 1,5 seconds
Magical Damage: 60/90/100/130/160 (+35% of magical power)
Slow: 10%
Slow duration 2,5 seconds
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Mana cost: 70/80/90/100/110 mana

Third Ability: Life Elixir

Thoth drinks a life elixir, making himself take a percentage less damage and increasing his movement speed for a duration.

Damage reduction: 3/6/9/12/15%
Bonus movement speed: 5/10/15/20/25%
Buff duration: 4 seconds
Cooldown: 13 seconds
Mana cost: 65/70/75/80/85 mana

Ultimate: Improve

Thoth improves his next ability within 5 seconds.
Charged Bolt charges up faster and sends out five pulses.
Clockling creates 3 clocklings instead of just 1 and they start faster (slow from multiple clocklings does not stack).
Life Elixir will make Thoth immune to slows and knockups and make him gain a percentage of the damage blocked as mana.

Maximum charge-up for Charged Bolt: 1 second
Total magical damage from Charged Bolt: 150/225/300/375/450 (+125% of magical power)
Start setup for Clockling: 1 second
Total magical damage from Clockling: 180/270/300/390/480 (+105% of magical power)
Percentage of damage blocked as mana: 18/24/30/36/42%
Cooldown: 35/30/25/20/15 seconds
Mana cost: 100/110/120/130/140 mana

There you have it, I dunno if it's any good :P I just wanted to past something tonight.

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » October 19, 2013 4:04pm | Report
Love the idea of this god, reminds me of Karma mixed with Maokai from LoL, and the charged bolt idea is beautiful. Only thing I hate is his passive, I can see the tie in with Book of Thoth, but you're making this god with Polynomicon almost able to one shot someone. I'd prefer something more utility-based than damage-based on his passive. Maybe burn some mana instead of health, like a 2 person swap? Maybe your passive burns 15% of remaining mana?

Idk, just not 50% more damage.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 19, 2013 4:26pm | Report
Just say that it increases contributions to his basic attacks by 40% or something. Or maybe say that the 50% increase cannot apply to on-hit effects. Something like that.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » October 19, 2013 11:48pm | Report
Thank you for the response ^^

I have changed the passive, I didn't really like it either.

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }