Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Idea: Legba, the mediator of the spirits (Loa)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Idea: Legba, the mediator of the spirits (Loa) 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daleon » July 13, 2013 6:29am | Report
Someone had the bad idea to write to want see more God Idea from me, so here I am! The nightmare (of grammar) is back!

This time I have a different god, from a different Pantheon. Probably someone already propose it, but what about the Voodou pantheon? Here we are with the first (I hope not too much stereotyped) Loa of the Voodou pantheons:

Name: Legba/Papa Legba
Title: The mediator of the spirits
Pantheon: Loa
Type: Ranged, Magical
Role: Mage, Healer
Pros: High sustain
Cons: Low damage, Low defence

Bio: Legba, or Papa Legba, is the intermediary between the Loas and the humanity, standing at the crossroad of the spiritual plane and being the only one to could give (or deny) the permission to could speaks with the other Loas. Due his role, Legba is the first and the last to be invoked in any Voodou's cerimony becouse his permission is needed for the conversation with the spirits of the Loa.
Legba is belived to could speak and understand every lenguages of the world and is refered as the voice of the god, the one who facilitates speech and understanding, being also labeled as honest and comprensive, in contrast with similar divinities ofter labeled as trickster. Sometimes, he's also refered as the god of light since is fluent speech aided by his clever and cunning attitude, other for his role to open (and close) the doors for talks with the heavens.

Grapyc: Legba would be rapresent as a tall and slightly old African man, with short grey air and a short beard, always relaxed and smiling in a fatherly way. He would wears a broad brimmed straw hat and a simple pair of large pink trousers, kinda worn and discoloured, in contrast with a red '700 style jacket, pretty embroidered and elegant, garnished with a victorian necktie, showing his role of mediator of the loa. Legba also wears a pair of simple straw sandals. Legba moves around levitating, holding a composte pose, attacking by simply waving his hand shooting little lightballs. He doesn't carry any weapons.

Health: 365(+72)
Mana: 250(+50)
Speed: 350 (+0)
Attack Speed: 86(+0.01)
Magic Power: 0(+0)
Physical Power: 0(+0)
Magic Protection: 30 (+0.8)
Physical Protection: 10 (+2.9)
Health Regen: 7(+0.45)
Mana Regen: 4.6(+0.45)

Edited
Passive: The reward in helping other
When Legba uses a skill to heals or give mana to an allied god (so every skill except Skill 2: Door of heavens) every his other skills in cooldown recive a reduction of 2 second to the cooldown. Adictionaly, Papa Legba basic attack inflict 39 magical damage plus 50% of his magical power.
Ability: Buff
Affecs: Self
Colldown reduction: 2s

Skill 1: Holy spot
Legba create a holy spot on the grounds. Allies inside the spot are healed every 1s and gain a buff to them phisical and magical protection. (Grapycaly, Legba create a round spot radiating light on the ground.)
Ability: Target ground
Affects: Self and Ally
Radius: 30
Heal per tick: 10/20/30/40/50 (+20% magical power)
Phisical and magical protection: 10/15/20/25/30
Spot lifetime: 5s
Cost: 60/70/80/90/100
Cooldown: 17s

Skill 2: Door of heaven
Legba opens the doors of the heavens, unleashing a waves of light which hit all the enemy on his pat. After the wave is passed, it left behind a trail which grants a buff to the movement speed for Legba and allied who walks on it, also reducing the movement speed of the enemy while stepping on it. (Grapycaly, Legba summons a door formed from clouds in front of him and opens it, releasing a waves of light. As the light travels for it's maximal lenght, the doors disapears and a trail of light stay on the ground for the duration of the effect)
Ability: Line
Affects: Allies and enemy
Damage: Magical
Damage: 90/120/150/180/210 (+70% magical power)
Enemy Movement speed: -25%
Allied Movement speed: +25%
Trail lifetime: 8s
Cost: 80/90/100/110/120
Cooldown: 12s

Skill 3: A drop of pity
Legba sacrifice his own mana to give it to an ally. (Grapycally, Legba places a hand on his heart and forms a ray of blue light which conect him and the selected ally for a moment, sharing his mana with him/her)
Affects: Ally target only, not self
Mana: 70/80/90/100/110
Cost: 70/80/90/100/110
Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8s

Skill 4: Heavens' help
Legba summons the light of Heavens on himself and all his allies, healing them every 1s for a short duration. (Grapycally, after a little casting time, coloumns of light falls from the sky on Legba and his allies healing them.)
Affects: Self and Ally
Heal per tick: 25/35/45/55/65 (+25% magical power)
Duration: 5s
Cost: 85/95/105/115/125
Cooldown: 80s

Victory: Legba celebrates the victory with his calm and posate attitude, just standing with a smile and bowing to the camera, before to summons some coloums of light from the sky and forms a door for the heavens in front of him, opening it to the viewer to see what's behind it: a land of peaces and happines. The vision last for some moment before Legba close it, shaking a finger in direction of the viewer and mentioning 'Not yet.' before to winks to the camera and make the door disolve. Loop

Defeat: Legba takes the defeat with graces and calm, just holding a more serious stare on his face instead then his usual smile. He just shrugs, before to start rubbing his chin, thinking about something. Legba summons the door for the heaven in front of him, and spy inside it. The viewer coulden't see what's behind it, but Legba seem kinda shoked and disturbed by the view, also sounds of distruction and screams are audible. Legba close it, shaking his head and his hand, like advising against looking throught or walk into it, before to make the door disolve. Loop

If you like the god, and like the idea of Voodou Loa, I coulad have more. For now, seeya!
Casual player due low time.

Egypt pantheon rules!
Fan of Ra and Anubis, but open to try more to find other favourite.

Inhabitant of 'God and Item idea' topic, a lot of idea in mind!
Best idea: Discordia, the goddess of strife

Daleon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » July 14, 2013 7:52pm | Report
I like the Idea of Voodou gods. It's something you'd never expect, but highly expect at the same time, ya know?

I kinda like the skillset, it seems he'd excel in team fights but get owned early game. He's also a support because all of his attacks give buffs.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 15, 2013 5:58pm | Report
With the passive I'm confused. How would they gain a stack? For every god she heals? How do you assist a god? By getting an assist on the kill? And also, I know she doesn't have much damaging abilities, but the passive doesn't seem to fit, just a way to make him do more damage. I guess it could fit in because it makes the heals more effective.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daleon » July 17, 2013 3:44am | Report
Still late in answering... Ach... Sorry pals.

Anyway, yeah: Voodou is an interesting subject, specialy for those who could go behind the 'Hollywood version' all zombie and little dolls... It could realy being a good source for new, interesting gods, and I think I would prove it submiting some other Voodou gods, when I would have enought time...

Anyway, about the po***ive... Yeah, I'm afraid I used a wrong choice of words... Basicaly, he would gain a stack every time he heals or refound the mana (Skill 3) to an allied god, but as said it doesn't fit too much the character.
I think I would totaly change it! I'll erase his phisical power and make his basic attack inflict magic damage and would be increased by magical power, like Isis (maybe with a percentage lightly highter since Isis have a lot of good ar***ing skill while Legba doesn't), and would make his passive something which makes his heals power more effective. How about this?

New Passive
The Reward in helping other
When Legba uses a skill to heals or give mana to an allied god (so every skill except Skill 2: Door of heavens) every his other skills in cooldown recive a reduction of 2 second to the cooldown. Adictionaly, Papa Legba basic attack inflict 39 magical damage plus 50% of his magical power.

Better? ^^
Casual player due low time.

Egypt pantheon rules!
Fan of Ra and Anubis, but open to try more to find other favourite.

Inhabitant of 'God and Item idea' topic, a lot of idea in mind!
Best idea: Discordia, the goddess of strife

Daleon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 17, 2013 4:49pm | Report
That seems good!

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }