Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[God Idea] Argus, the Watcher / All-Seeing

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [God Idea] Argus, the Watcher / All-Seeing 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PalinDome » October 16, 2013 1:27pm | Report
If you don't really know who Argus is, he is known as the '100-eyed giant in Greek mythology' (Wikipedia).

I know he is technically not a god, but so isn't Mercury (messenger) or Hercules (half-god).

Ok, so here we go. I am not really good with numbercrunching so I have no idea what values I give this guy or his abilities. I don't know if he would be better as a tank / bruiser / support / mage when looking at his abilities so I would like some input from you guys :P

Passive: Observer / Vigilance / All-Seeing

Argus closely observes the moves of his enemies with all his eyes, reducing x% damage taken when facing (seeing) them.

Ability 1: Glare

Argus intimidates an enemy by glaring at him/her, succesfully silencing them, preventing them from using items and even using auto-attacks for x/x/x/x/x seconds.

Ability 2: Staring Contest / Eye to Eye to Eye ...

Argus challenges one of his enemies to a staring contest. If either him or the enemy loses him/her out of their field of view, he/she takes x/x/x/x/x amount of magical damage. The stare contest ends automatically after x/x/x/x/x seconds.

Ability 3: Wink

Argus winks with one of his eyes, sending out a blast of x/x/x/x/x magical damage in front of him in a wide cone.

Ultimate: Reveal All / A Hundred Eyes

Argus opens all of his eyes, revealing everything to him and his teammates (all enemies are revealed on the minimap / fog of war dissapears) for x/x/x/x/x seconds.

So, tell me what you guys think and what type of god this guy should be.

PalinDome

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Appollosnos » October 16, 2013 3:18pm | Report
it is interesting...especially the ult, neith would love that. Although Mercury is a god(Hermes)

Appollosnos

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 16, 2013 5:12pm | Report
His abilities seem kind of silly, but the one thing I don't understand is Staring Contest. It seems to be useless 90% of the time.

And uh, I think the effects for Wink and Glare should be reversed. If I saw 100 eyes glare at me at once, I'd expect it to deal magical damage or something. Eye lasers!

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }