Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Idea: Apep.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Idea: Apep. 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » June 2, 2013 3:40pm | Report
Hello, folks. I'm DarkJaw, and today I present you a god idea I had for SMITE not so long ago. Hope you guys like it.

Apep, The Enemy of Ra.

Lore:

The Sun rises everyday, but falls at night. During this time, Apep awakes, and starts it's evil reign of darkness.

Apep is the enemie of the Ma'at, truth and order, and the master of the night. Everyday, Apep fights Ra, and everyday, both aren't victorious. Apep was always worshipped against, even the gods hated such creature- even Set, The God of Chaos.

One day, Apep challenged Ra, but such was weak, and couldn't defeat his enemy alone. So Ra called for the help of Set, one of the gods that used to travel with him, which defeated the serpent sucessfully. Set demanded respect to the Sun God, if Set didn't receive such, he would send sand storms and thunders against Ra. As an response, Ra banned Set, and proceeded on course without him. The Serpent was defeated, but not slain.

The Night rises, and Apep is hungry for revenge. And now in the war of the gods, Apep seizes the opportunity to not only revenge himself of Ra, but of other gods too.

In SMITE, Apep is an (Ranged)Magical Bruiser.

Skills:
0~Passive.
Meteor Force.

When at 30% HP, Apep's gain a boost on his protections. Only occur each 90 Seconds.
Ability: Buff
Buff Duration: 7/8/9/10/11 Seconds.
Affects: Self
Protections Buff: 15/20/25/30/35.

1~Active.
Magma Portal.

Apep summons a Magma portal in front of him, doing damage to nearby enemies. If an enemie god is in the path, Apep and the enemie are pulled to the center on the line between units.
Damage: 60/140/205/265/320( +50% of your Magical Power).
Cost: 80/90/100/110/120.
Cooldown: 11 Seconds.

2~Active/Passive.
Presence of Evil.

The presence of the evil itself, Apep, is intimidating, reducing the attack speed of nearby enemies. When activated, Apep summons a hole of lava in the target ground location, doing damage and silencing nearby foes. Passive effect is lost when the ability is on cooldown.
Passive Attack Speed Debuff: 15%.
Active Damage: 40/80/120/160/210( + 20% of your Magical Power)
Active Silence Duration: 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2s
Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 Mana.
Cooldown: 14 Seconds.

3~Active.
Burning Venom.

Apep is a venomous creature. Apep bites the enemie gods in a cone, doing damage overtime for a short duration.
Damage per second: 35/45/65/85/95 (+40% of your Magical Power)
Poison duration: 3 Seconds( Max 3 Stacks).
Stolen: 10 Protections.
Cost: 65/75/85/95/105 Mana.
Cooldown: 13 Seconds.

4~Ultimate.
Scorched Gale.

Apep changes the heat of the air around him, warming it way too much, doing damage to nearby foes overtime and slowing them.
Damage per second: 60/75/90/115/130 (+30% of your magical power)
Burning duration: 8 Seconds.
Slow: 20%.
Cost: 120 Mana.
Cooldown: 90 Seconds.

Creator's Thoughts:
Apep would be a damage-overtime god, that won't instantly kill an enemie god, if not fed, of course. It is a Magical Bruiser, by the fact his abilities CAN do some nice( but not great) amounts of damage, although he is more tanky. It would be similar to how Hades and Guan Yu is nowadays on SMITE. Most of his Jokes/Responses would be related to the Sun and Ra.

Idea created by:
-DarkJaw.

Thanks to:
-JararoNatsu.
-HiFromBuddha.
-M4XiiMUS.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » June 2, 2013 3:59pm | Report
I wasn't thinking of Apep like a tank/bruiser, more of an assassin or Mage. But I like him better this way!

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » June 2, 2013 4:00pm | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

I wasn't thinking of Apep like a tank/bruiser, more of an assassin or Mage. But I like him better this way!

I was thinking to make him an pure mage. But then the Egyptian Gods would have too many Mages( Ra, Anubis, Isis...)

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » June 2, 2013 4:01pm | Report
Make sure that his Lore matches up with Anhur, Bastet, and Ra's Lores. According to those, Apep is long dead.

For Magma Portal, why would Apep be sucked into the middle himself? And what do you mean by "center on the line between units"? Since this is a weaker version of Presence of Evil in my opinion, shooting a ball of lava would be really cool and could be a nice alternative.

Presence of Evil: The active sounds like a buffed-up version of Magma Hole. As such, I made a suggestion above. I like the passive and the numbers are good.

Burning Vemon: Is there initial damage from the bite? Is it a charge ability, or does Apep need to be up close? The numbers are good here too.

Scorched Gale: Is this a global Ult (I love global Ults)? It has the potential to deal almost 4000 damage... consider reducing either the damage values or the time it lasts.

Here's another thing: A tank is doing all of this damage? Sounds more OP than Fenrir and Neith combined. A bruiser sounds more appropriate, but with 4 damaging abilities I would imagine him to be a super-squishy mage or something. Ponder this.

It's an excellent idea, and I like it. Consider what I said above, though.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » June 2, 2013 4:18pm | Report
JararoNatsu wrote:

Make sure that his Lore matches up with Anhur, Bastet, and Ra's Lores. According to those, Apep is long dead.

For Magma Portal, why would Apep be sucked into the middle himself? And what do you mean by "center on the line between units"? Since this is a weaker version of Presence of Evil in my opinion, shooting a ball of lava would be really cool and could be a nice alternative.

Presence of Evil: The active sounds like a buffed-up version of Magma Hole. As such, I made a suggestion above. I like the passive and the numbers are good.

Burning Vemon: Is there initial damage from the bite? Is it a charge ability, or does Apep need to be up close? The numbers are good here too.

Scorched Gale: Is this a global Ult (I love global Ults)? It has the potential to deal almost 4000 damage... consider reducing either the damage values or the time it lasts.

Here's another thing: A tank is doing all of this damage? Sounds more OP than Fenrir and Neith combined. A bruiser sounds more appropriate, but with 4 damaging abilities I would imagine him to be a super-squishy mage or something. Ponder this.

It's an excellent idea, and I like it. Consider what I said above, though.

Let's go by parts.
Magma Portal: Actually is not from himself. It's more like a ''Fire Lazer''( would be almost instantenous, like Sobek's Charge prey). I got the inspiration from Chaos Knight's Reality Rift from DOTA 2. It would work as as an damaging and teleport ability IF there is an enemy in the line. Let's say Apep uses that ability and there is an enemy in the line. Apep and the enemy are pulled to the center of the line and doing damage to the enemy. It has a different purpose of ''Presence of evil'', more like an initiating tool.

Burning Venom: No initial damage from the bite. I can't really explain, it would be more like when Ymir uses his Frost Breath, but without Stunning the enemy, only applying the damage.

Presence of Evil: Already explained; this ability has a different purpose from Magma Portal.

Scorched gale: This ability isn't a global ultimate. It surrounds Apep.

Thanks for the information, shall change the lore and some information of some abilities. The damage on them shall be reduced, and so He'll only be viable has a Magical Bruiser, not a tank.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » June 2, 2013 4:30pm | Report
Ok, that makes much more sense now. Sounds good XD

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » June 2, 2013 5:00pm | Report
For him to be a tank, maybe he can have more sustain or more CC? Maybe for Burning Venom he could gain back healthful enemies hit, up to 3 enemies.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » June 2, 2013 5:05pm | Report
Eh, I think it be best that he stay a bruiser. What you suggested might bring him to the borderline of OP-ness.

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » June 2, 2013 5:11pm | Report
Ok.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » June 6, 2013 2:21am | Report
I feel everything about him is fantastic. If I did have to find something wrong, which I usually do, it's that his passive is boosting the wrong thing. I mean he's a bruiser with relatively high scaling, so the current passive may be a bit dangerous. I suggest that to keep the 'final struggle' feeling of the ability, it should increase defences by a FLAT amount for a small duration (6 or 7 seconds seems good). Note that the passive has to scale with level to be balanced. This would increase his somewhat lacking innate tankiness as a bruiser/ tank.

If you do want to keep the magical damage buff, make it last a duration and most importantly, make it flat damage. Percentage based abilities are a pain to balance out, and you can just make it easier for yourself by making it flat damage.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }