Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ganesha, The Elephant God (or Remover of Obstacles, Hindu)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Ganesha, The Elephant God (or Remover of Obstacles, Hindu) 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Alloy J » October 13, 2013 10:23am | Report

Also known as "The Remover of Obstacles" to those who have proven themselves and also as
"The Creator of Obstacles", the one responsible for inducing karma onto those deserving of it.

Ability 1 - Tremor : Ganesha deals 10/20/30/40/50 (+20% of your physical power) physical damage every second for 5 seconds and slows nearby enemies by 20%. Nearby allied gods, including Ganesha, have 25% reduced Crowd Control duration.
Cooldown : 15 seconds.

Ability 2 - Trunk Flail : Ganesha deals 40/60/80/100/120 (+ 30% of your physical power) physical damage in a semi-circle, sweeping to the right the first cast, and to the left on the second, sweeping players along with it.
Cooldown : 17 seconds.

Ability 3 - Stampede : Ganesha charges in a line, dealing 40/80/120/160/200 (+20% of your physical power) as physical damage and pushing enemy gods hit with you. Deals 50% additional damage to towers, and causes towers to cease attacking for .5/.7/.9/1.1/1.3 seconds.
Cooldown : 20 seconds.

Ability 4 (Ultimate) - Blessing of Parvati (Rebirth) : Passively grants Ganesha 20%/30%/40%/50%/60% of his protections as bonus damage to physical attacks on towers. When activated, if Ganesha dies within 5 seconds, return Ganesha to life with 20%/25%/30%/35%/40% of his maximum health and mana. When on cooldown, the passive is disabled.
Cooldown : 220/200/180/160/140 seconds.

Passive - Moving Obstacle : When struck by a knockback, Ganesha only moves half the distance backwards. Also, Ganesha may push minions and enemy gods.

Alloy J

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 14, 2013 12:26am | Report
Tornadoes already deals ridiculous damage, and you want to let it be able to hit towers AND minions at the same time, and it buffs Ganesha AND his allies. Not to mention that it needs to aiming nor has a delay.

Look man, I understand that you're trying to get a theme going on here, but you should NEVER allow abilities to hit towers, or this happens:

1: Enemy god leaves tower, readying a teleport.

2: Ganesha jumps in, spams all of his abilities in sequence. Tower sustains massive damage.

3: 1.5 seconds later, the enemy god teleports in, and his tower is half destroyed, in early game.

That is why you never allow bursting on towers.

I have a better idea for a passive: Ganesha only moves half the distance whenever he is knocked back, and he pushes units out of the way while moving. So unlike every other god in the game, Ganesha can actually push other gods and minions. Remover of Obstacles? Check!

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » October 14, 2013 5:45pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Tornadoes already deals ridiculous damage, and you want to let it be able to hit towers AND minions at the same time, and it buffs Ganesha AND his allies. Not to mention that it needs to aiming nor has a delay.

Look man, I understand that you're trying to get a theme going on here, but you should NEVER allow abilities to hit towers, or this happens:

1: Enemy god leaves tower, readying a teleport.

2: Ganesha jumps in, spams all of his abilities in sequence. Tower sustains massive damage.

3: 1.5 seconds later, the enemy god teleports in, and his tower is half destroyed, in early game.

That is why you never allow bursting on towers.

I have a better idea for a passive: Ganesha only moves half the distance whenever he is knocked back, and he pushes units out of the way while moving. So unlike every other god in the game, Ganesha can actually push other gods and minions. Remover of Obstacles? Check!

As the girls at my school would say, "perf".

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 15, 2013 1:41am | Report
Just fixing the passive won't work, mate. You need to rework his entire kit. If you want to keep the damage potential without compromising tankiness, just put something like, "Ganesha adds 20% of his combined protections to his basic attacks against towers."

why a % of his protections instead of his power, or a simple damage increase? Because a simple damage increase will cause hundreds of Ganeshas to simply build physical power and smash a tower within seconds.

His other skills are fine without the tower damage increase. Heck, just think like a tank. Low damage. but high CC. His Tremor could slow enemies while inflicting less damage.

Here's an idea for his 2: Ganesha's movement animation has him swinging his trunk. Activating his Two will cause the trunk to move in the other direction. This way, players can control where and how the enemy moves.

Stampede deals pathetic damage, and has poor scaling. I'm not sure if it was meant to hit multiple times, but as written, it sucks. Buff this one a little, and give it a bit more CC. Perhaps a fear? Charging elephants are pretty scary.

As for his ultimate, this will make so many people rage, it's ridiculous. And dude, 10% protections with no scaling or improvement? Why would people level this skill up at all when it gives nothing? Give it a cooldown of 100/95/90/85/80 seconds, and make him respawn with 25/30/35/40/45% of his health/mana. Bam.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Alloy J » October 15, 2013 7:36pm | Report
The idea behind his ultimate is based on his lore, and I couldn't think of one to fit the kit perfectly.

I fixed a lot of his kit - please check it over again.

Alloy J

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » October 15, 2013 8:12pm | Report
I don't really like the ultimate here because it really doesn't do anything for tea fights, just for pushing towers. Maybe change it so instead of dealing additional damage he gains protections, but also an aura around him that slowly pulls people toward him. And with his 3, does it give you additional damage after the dash? Or is if that the dash does damage to towers?

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Alloy J » October 15, 2013 8:31pm | Report
His 3 deals 50% additional damage to the tower directly - not a bonus to his melee.

Alloy J

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SupaAPE » October 16, 2013 5:26am | Report
The numbers may need tweaking, but I love this.

We need fresh new hero concepts like this. Recent heroes lately seem a little boring to me (bar Mercury)

SupaAPE

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Alloy J » October 16, 2013 1:06pm | Report
Thanks Supa :D
I realize that as well - they should, in my opinion, add a few unorthodox god styles that aren't directly related to any LoL or DOTA champions.

Alloy J

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }