Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Focused Witch Stone Idea

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Focused Witch Stone Idea 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 12, 2013 3:35pm | Report
Cost: 670/1250/220

+15/30/45 physical protection
+5/10/15% attack speed
+5/10/15% movement speed

Passive: Enemies that hit you with a basic attack lose 15% attack speed for 3 seconds, max two stacks.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 12, 2013 4:13pm | Report
No damage reduction on the focused, just attack speed? Interesting.
Anyway, I feel like it's not worth it, but it is a good idea. Better for 1v1, but the only people who pick up witchstone are, for the most part, tanks, or assassins that *really* want movement speed. And the tanks would want to affect as many people as possible, hence regular witchstone.

Still, I guess the ability for it is good enough.

Still worried about all these multi-target items becoming 'focused' in one way or another. Focused Voidblade, Focused Voidstone, Gem of Binding (sort of), etc. But I suppose that's just because it's easy to do.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 12, 2013 5:16pm | Report
I always felt that Witch Stone was about the anti-ADC aspect, so a 'focused' version would eliminate the clutter and focus on pure anti-ADC, aka attack speed.

Honestly, I'm more worried about the rather weak benefits from the aura versions instead of the power of the focused versions. I don't think supports should be getting 25 pen instead of -15 aura, but the 25 pen is simply too good.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 12, 2013 5:29pm | Report
Note, however, that this is only if you're hitting the adc. And it's way too easy to peel for them.

However, I don't think anyone should get debuff aura items except melee. A Poseidon with regular Void Stone is never going to be close enough to the enemies to really make it matter for his team.

Tanks, however, benefit greatly from AoE Voidblade/Witchstone/Voidstone. But again, the option to get this focused witchstone is a good idea.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 12, 2013 5:32pm | Report
Um...the passive works if they hit you, not the other way around. Sorry about the confusion.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 12, 2013 5:35pm | Report
Oh. So this is basically a similar branch off of Midguardian Mail, but with the base stats of Witch Stone.
Iiiiiinteresting
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 12, 2013 5:36pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Oh. So this is basically a similar branch off of Midguardian Mail, but with the base stats of Witch Stone.
Iiiiiinteresting

Huh? Midgardian Mail? What's that? Never heard of it.

Okay, in all seriousness, you could consider this a semi-viable option for people who want Midgardian Mail without the lack of reliability.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }