Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Chimera

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Chimera 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mailly92 » May 29, 2014 11:51am | Report
I know, that this is NOT a god, but a creature - just like Fenrir, Scylla and Ymir (which aren't gods).

Pantheon: Greek
Class: Warrior - as they can be build as both tank and dps!

(Taken from Wikipedia)
"The Chimera (/kɨˈmɪərə/ or /kaɪˈmɪərə/, also Chimaera, Chimæra; Greek: Χίμαιρα, Chímaira) was, according to Greek mythology, a monstrous fire-breathing creature of Lycia in Asia Minor, composed of the parts of three animals – a lion, a snake and a goat. Usually depicted as a lion, with the head of a goat arising from its back, and a tail that ended in a snake's head,[1] the Chimera was one of the offspring of Typhon and Echidna and a sibling of such monsters as Cerberus and the Lernaean Hydra."

Passive: "Born to be wild" (?) (Kinda like Scylla), when an ability hits maximum rank, it gains an additional attribute and your animal part is looking enhanced.

<Ability One>
Lions Fang: Swipe!
Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8 seconds.
Makes a massive melee attack, hitting all enemies within a 180 degree cone and doing 60/100/140/180/220 (+65% of your physical power) damage. (same as Tyr)
-> Enhanced: Now provides a damage on time effect, that lasts for 3 seconds and deals 150 (+35% of your physical power) damage.
----> Lion gets a bigger fangs and claws.

<Ability Two>
Goats Horn: Charge!
Cooldown: 15 seconds.
Charges forward, immune to knockups, damaging enemies by 40/90/140/190/240 (+50% of your physical power). (Same as Tyr).
-> Enhanced: Now knocks the enemy into the air, dealing an additional of 175 (+25% of your physical power) damage, and stunning them for 0.5 seconds upon landing. (Just like ***bakharna).
----> Goat gets bigger horns... and for lolz a "goatee".

<Ability Three>
Snakes Venom: Spew!
Cooldown: 10 seconds.
Spits a venomous slime on the location, dealing 80/140/200/260/320 (+60% of your physical power) damage to all enemies in a 30 ft radius around its landing location. The venom remains on the ground for 5 seconds. (Chaac's axe throw)
-> Enhanced: Now makes a slow effect by 25% for 2 seconds, and gives you 25% movement speed for 2 seconds.
----> Bigger fangs - turns into a cobra (?)

Ulti....
I was imagining somewhat like wukong, where you "release" one of your beastiality shapes, with different traits...

<Ability Four>
Cooldown: 90 seconds.
Select one of three of your animal shapes and empower them for 6 seconds.
1.) Beastiality: Lion!
> Grows enormous. While enraged, is immune to crowd control, gains 5/10/15/20/25 protections, 40/65/90/115/140 physical power, 5% health regeneration and basic attacks now damage all enemies within a 12 ft radius. (Vamana ulti)

2.) Beastiality: Goat!
> Grows enormous and charges. While charging, you can click to attack and are immune to crown control. Enemies hit take 75/100/125/150/175 (+30% of your physical power) damage and are slowed by 25% for 2 seconds. When you stop charging, you stun enemies within 5 yards of you, for 1.5 seconds. (guan yu ulti)

3.) Beastiality: Snake!
> Grows enormous. Gaining 35% movement speed.
May do one powerful attack during this time, dealing 150/225/300/375/450 (120% of your physical power) damage. If you kill an enemy god with the attack, you get an additional 6 seconds and can attack again. (scylla ult - tyr ult scaling)

> Empowerment: You get an additional 2 seconds, so your ulti now lasts for 8 seconds.

Mailly92

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » May 29, 2014 12:20pm | Report
I kinda like this idea, except for the ult. Maybe think of a better one for the lion and snake, but I think I have an idea for the goat. How about OLD guan yu ulti for him? Would be really cool to see a tribute to him.

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 29, 2014 12:24pm | Report
Mailly92 wrote:

I know, that this is NOT a god, but a creature - just like Fenrir, Scylla and Ymir (which aren't gods).

Pantheon: Greek
Class: Warrior - as they can be build as both tank and dps!

(Taken from Wikipedia)
"The Chimera (/kɨ�mɪ�r�/ or /kaɪ�mɪ�r�/, also Chimaera, Chimæra; Greek: Χίμαι�α, Chímaira) was, according to Greek mythology, a monstrous fire-breathing creature of Lycia in Asia Minor, composed of the parts of three animals � a lion, a snake and a goat. Usually depicted as a lion, with the head of a goat arising from its back, and a tail that ended in a snake's head,[1] the Chimera was one of the offspring of Typhon and Echidna and a sibling of such monsters as Cerberus and the Lernaean Hydra."

Passive: "Born to be wild" (?) (Kinda like Scylla), when an ability hits maximum rank, it gains an additional attribute and your animal part is looking enhanced.

<Ability One>
Lions Fang: Swipe!
Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8 seconds.
Makes a massive melee attack, hitting all enemies within a 180 degree cone and doing 60/100/140/180/220 (+65% of your physical power) damage. (same as Tyr)
-> Enhanced: Now provides a damage on time effect, that lasts for 3 seconds and deals 150 (+35% of your physical power) damage.
----> Lion gets a bigger fangs and claws.

<Ability Two>
Goats Horn: Charge!
Cooldown: 15 seconds.
Charges forward, immune to knockups, damaging enemies by 40/90/140/190/240 (+50% of your physical power). (Same as Tyr).
-> Enhanced: Now knocks the enemy into the air, dealing an additional of 175 (+25% of your physical power) damage, and stunning them for 0.5 seconds upon landing. (Just like ***bakharna).
----> Goat gets bigger horns... and for lolz a "goatee".

<Ability Three>
Snakes Venom: Spew!
Cooldown: 10 seconds.
Spits a venomous slime on the location, dealing 80/140/200/260/320 (+60% of your physical power) damage to all enemies in a 30 ft radius around its landing location. The venom remains on the ground for 5 seconds. (Chaac's axe throw)
-> Enhanced: Now makes a slow effect by 25% for 2 seconds, and gives you 25% movement speed for 2 seconds.
----> Bigger fangs - turns into a cobra (?)

Ulti....
I was imagining somewhat like wukong, where you "release" one of your beastiality shapes, with different traits...

<Ability Four>
Cooldown: 90 seconds.
Select one of three of your animal shapes and empower them for 6 seconds.
1.) Beastiality: Lion!
> Grows enormous. While enraged, is immune to crowd control, gains 5/10/15/20/25 protections, 40/65/90/115/140 physical power, 5% health regeneration and basic attacks now damage all enemies within a 12 ft radius. (Vamana ulti)

2.) Beastiality: Goat!
> Grows enormous and charges. While charging, you can click to attack and are immune to crown control. Enemies hit take 75/100/125/150/175 (+30% of your physical power) damage and are slowed by 25% for 2 seconds. When you stop charging, you stun enemies within 5 yards of you, for 1.5 seconds. (guan yu ulti)

3.) Beastiality: Snake!
> Grows enormous. Gaining 35% movement speed.
May do one powerful attack during this time, dealing 150/225/300/375/450 (120% of your physical power) damage. If you kill an enemy god with the attack, you get an additional 6 seconds and can attack again. (scylla ult - tyr ult scaling)

> Empowerment: You get an additional 2 seconds, so your ulti now lasts for 8 seconds.

This is actually a mythical creature (like manticore)

That Fenrir Scylla and ymir aren't gods is because ymir is the most important frost giant ever (father of them) and there is only one of him. scylla is only one of and fenrir is only one of too.

Why do they have a place as "god" in smite is because of their stories is close to other gods:
Fenrir
Ymir

Ans scylla is a bit of a odd one. But there is only one scylla not multiple ones

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mailly92 » May 29, 2014 12:29pm | Report
Thanks for the imput - both of you. :)

I don't know the old guan yu - I barely played at that time. I was hyped for Mist of Pandaria (I know... /facepalm)

But but but.. I'm sure, that there might be some weird chimera with a name, HiRez might find a name for one :p
Afaik Scylla is the queen of the sirens (Reading the odyssey) :)

Mailly92

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 29, 2014 12:32pm | Report
That would be possible

Btw about fenrir he is a god. the middle son of loki

ymir is a bit different because his blood are all the sees and oceans an he was the first creature in norse mythology

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mailly92 » May 29, 2014 12:43pm | Report
Loki isn't a god - he's a umm... idk what it's called in english, but where I'm from they are called "Jætter/Jetter" when they are born in Utgaard - but he is bloodbrothers with Odin :P

But okay... loki gave birth to a 8-legged horse (Odins horse), so maybe he became a demigod :P

Mailly92

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 29, 2014 12:48pm | Report
Mailly92 wrote:

Loki isn't a god - he's a umm... idk what it's called in english, but where I'm from they are called "Jætter/Jetter" when they are born in Utgaard - but he is bloodbrothers with Odin :P

But okay... loki gave birth to a 8-legged horse (Odins horse), so maybe he became a demigod :P

well in that case hell isn't a god too XD (queen of the underworld)

Let's say this the norse gods are a bit weird. (as is scylla)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fredathor » May 29, 2014 3:01pm | Report
Mailly92 wrote:

Loki is actually represented as a god of fire and trickery, even though he's a son of two giants.
Then there are few sources (atleast what I'm aware of), that says that Loki is a "demon/jotunn", just because he is a son of two giants.
So basicly Loki could be represented as a god and a devil.

I however, has always known Loki as a god.

Fredathor

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Torchman220 » May 29, 2014 4:36pm | Report
Since i saw Mailly mention Odins horse, i've been imagining if it would've been put into the game. How wacky THAT would be. Lol i know this is off topic but c'mon. Who wouldn't want to play as a freakin horse with 8 legs?

Torchman220

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }