Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Artemis Rework Suggestion

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Artemis Rework Suggestion 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 8, 2013 11:36am | Report
This is a complete rework of Artemis. She's still a single-target-focused hunter.

Passive: Silent Hunter:
Artemis gains a stack of Still Target for every second she is out of combat. When she has 100 stacks, Artemis' next basic attack on a god will stun the enemy hit for 1 second. This effect consumes the stacks. Artemis has permanent stacks equal to her critical strike chance.

In addition, Artemis has reduced noise to enemies when she uses her abilities or fires a basic attack.

1: Moonlit Arrow:
Artemis blesses her arrow, channeling for 1 second before firing a single shot, piercing all enemies and dealing 90/155/220/285/350 (+100% of your physical power). Every enemy pierced reduces the damage by 10%, up to 50%.

Commentary

Cooldown: 10 seconds

2: Vengeful Assault::
Artemis gains 35/45/55/65/75% attack speed and gains 20% movement speed for 3/4/5/6/7 seconds, and immunity to slows.

Commentary

Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14 seconds

3: Suppress the Insolent:
Artemis fires a volley of arrows in a 15-foot radius circle, dealing 80/135/190/245/300 damage (+80% of your physical power) and silencing enemies hit for 0.5/0.75/1.0/1.25/1.5 seconds.

Commentary

Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11 seconds

Ultimate: Transgressor's Fate:
Artemis gains one trap every 35/30/25/20/15 seconds. She can hold a maximum of three traps.

Artemis lays down a trap. The trap deals 60/80/100/120/140 (+35% of your physical power) every second for three seconds, rooting and crippling enemies. The traps snare enemies within a 5-foot radius, and are invisible and act as wards.

Commentary

Maximum Traps: 6 Cooldown: 1 second

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » November 8, 2013 12:06pm | Report
Ok, about the passive:

If I understand correctly you always have stacks equal to your critical strike chance. This should either be set to a percentage of your critchance, or set a cooldown on the stun, as it could be a VERY frequent stun.

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 8, 2013 12:31pm | Report
With Deathbringer and Malice, you have to wait 40 seconds out of combat to inflict a 1 second stun on a single target. It seems pretty balanced to me.

In comparison, HoG has a 60 second cooldown.

Also keep in mind that you cannot kill anything if you want to up the stacks. That means no jungling, or farming, or ganking, or teamfight.

And uh, what are your thoughts on the other bits of her kit?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KaleaMenshaKhaine » November 8, 2013 1:42pm | Report
Gah, that passive, make it something slightly more original please. Not some half-***ed Ashe copy.

A counter suggestion being something along the lines of:
Master of the Hunt
Artemis has a 20ft longer range on her basic attacks, and for every chained shot on the same target gets a 5% critical chance buff with a max stack amount of 6. Artemis also has reduced noise on all sound effects.
(end of passive)

This passive gives her no reason to want a leap, the new version of still target is better but harder to do right and the reduced sound noise is something more original that I agree on.

Thoughts on the counter suggestion?
Also, why do people want an Artemis re-work?

KaleaMenshaKhaine

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 8, 2013 2:10pm | Report
Nope. 30% crit chance, even on one target, WITH 20 feet of basic attack range, is way too much. 20 feet is slightly less than half a basic attack's range. I wanted to use up the ultimate slot yet give her hard CC, and also an incentive to get crit chance.

Besides, a lot of the stuff in this game comes from LoL.

And people think that Artemis simply isn't very good compared to more recent hunters like AMC and Apollo and Neith. She's a victim of power creep.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 8, 2013 2:57pm | Report
Ult seems kinda... broken isn't the word. Abusable? Just lay half your traps across the lane and its like a new wall if theres an enemy nearby. 3 seconds of immobility is a LOT of time to kite or kill, even if they can use skills or auto. Maybe make the cap 5 across the board. Or 6, still a bit fuzzy about in game distances.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KaleaMenshaKhaine » November 8, 2013 11:46pm | Report
When I say chained, I mean they have to get every hit in, no misses hitting anything else or the chain is broken.

To get maximum benefits from this you must either be really good as landing arrows by judging trajectories or you have to have them rooted.

KaleaMenshaKhaine

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sirsir94 » November 9, 2013 4:13pm | Report
Just thought of something. You can hold 3 3 second roots that are on a one second cooldown. You can root someone for 9 seconds straight. 5 or 6 second cooldown would prevent her from chaining them stupidly easily but she could still use them out of combat easily enough.
PENTAS: Loki
Quadras: Cupid, Artemis, Loki, Ah Muzen Cab

Sirsir94

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 9, 2013 7:41pm | Report
Sirsir94 wrote:

Just thought of something. You can hold 3 3 second roots that are on a one second cooldown. You can root someone for 9 seconds straight. 5 or 6 second cooldown would prevent her from chaining them stupidly easily but she could still use them out of combat easily enough.

Hmm. How about this: Art can't place a trap on another trap, but keep the 1 sec CD. That way, if she has three traps stored, she can quickly form a wall.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }