Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Arachne Rework Discussion!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Arachne Rework Discussion! 18 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SherriffTurtle » July 13, 2014 12:30am | Report
So, earlier today I decided to make an Arachne rework. I then thought, knowing my fellow SFer's padsion for an Arachne buff/rework, that it would be a good idea to make a discussion about it.
So here it is! Not really fine tuned, so expect OPness. I just wanted to spur an Arachne rework discussion!

NEW LOOK
Upper body looks same, but lower body now has human-esque legs. During ult duration she looks like her current model.

Progression: .5/.75/1.25

Passive: Poison Claws
Basic attacks apply a poison called Poison Claws that deals 5 (+25% of your physical power) every .5s for 3s. Stacks up to 3 times.

1: Broodlings
Arachne lays spider eggs. Enemies getting too close to the eggs cause them to hatch 2 spiders that attack the nearby enemy, slowing them by 20% and doing 25/40/55/70/85 (+20% of your physical power) damage every second. The broodlings have 125/200/275/350/425 health and last up to 10s. Only 2/3/4/5/6 eggs can be deployed at a time.
Cost: 60/65/70/75/80 mana.
Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11 seconds.

2: Cocoon
Arachne fires a web projectile towards her enemies up to 80 ft, travelling through walls. If the web hits an enemy god, it wraps them tightly stunning them for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2s as Arachne pulls them to her.
Cost: 75 mana.
Cooldown: 24/22/20/18/16 seconds.

3: Spider's Leap
Arachne leaps to target location, dealing 100/135/170/205/240
(+80% of your physical power) on arrival and slowing the enemy by 10/15/20/25/30% for 2/2.5/3/3.5/4s.
Cost: 70/80/90/100/120
Cooldown: 8/9/10/11/12

4: Metamorphosis
Arachne becomes a ferocious spider, gaining attack speed, critical chance, and movement speed for the next 4/4/5/5/6s. She also spawns 0/0/2/2/4 spiderlings when she uses this ability.
Attack Speed: 20/30/40/50/60%
Crit Chance: 25%
Move Speed: 20/25/30/35/40%

Changelog
July 13, 2014: Changed op as balls ulti to less op as balls ulti.

Let the discussion begin!
Favorite Roles: Jungle, Mid
Favorite Gods: Sun Wukong, Loki, Thanatos, Ares
Never give up, because you move like a jaguar.

SherriffTurtle

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » July 13, 2014 1:26am | Report
I like how she looks now, and if they make her look more human-like then I'm gonna riot (aka make a one-sentence SF post explaining my dislike for the changes).

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SherriffTurtle » July 13, 2014 10:39am | Report
Firraria wrote:

I like how she looks now, and if they make her look more human-like then I'm gonna riot (aka make a one-sentence SF post explaining my dislike for the changes).

That's how I feel, but I wanted her ulti to make a big graphical change instead of floaty lights (Nemesis). But I want this thread to be a discussion about what would be the best rework for Arachne, so throw some ideas at it!
Favorite Roles: Jungle, Mid
Favorite Gods: Sun Wukong, Loki, Thanatos, Ares
Never give up, because you move like a jaguar.

SherriffTurtle

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » July 13, 2014 11:01am | Report
Passive and Broodlings haven't really changed, though with her new swing chain, which I also think they should add to her, the passive is gonna be stronger.

Cocoon is just plain OP. Her current Cocoon ultimate is already really good. Give it as a basic ability with practically the same function only 16s cooldown at max rank?

Spider's Leap: O.o spiders don't leap. Anyhow, all jokes aside, I've never seen an ability which has its cooldown scale backwards, and I don't think it has a place. I just don't understand how you give an Assassin a jump that also slows a whole lot on an 8s cooldown, and even at max rank with 12s cooldown, it doesn't make any sense. Normal jumps without any CC have either 12s flat or 15-11s scaling. Which is logical. A jump on an 8s cooldown? or eve 12s, with such a massively powerful slow that lasts so long is just absurd.

Metamorphosis: I don't know how I'm feeling about this. As far as I see it, she is designed as an early-mid game Assassin. Her passive, Broodlings and Cocoon all seem fitting for the early game. But with her ultimate, and the amount of steroids it gives her, her late game will be on par with that of Kali. People will just build raw power and CDR on her, to have more ults and won't need so much attack speed, especially with her swing chain. And as I assume the Broodlings damage will fall off late game, it doesn't really fit the ultimate, considering its spawn scaling. Anyhow it'll be less awkward if the amount of broodlings spawned will be 0/1/2/3/4 or 1/2/3/4/5 rather than 0/0/2/2/4.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » July 13, 2014 11:08am | Report
I personally think she should be reworked into being a tank. I mean her current kit is a good tank kit, maybe deduce her overall damage to make it so. Her attire is fine too, honestly, Just give her an Ares recolor and tidying up, maybe even an Odin type remodel, but nothing too extreme like a humanoid body.

As for your kit, sorry for being blunt, but I don't like it. A free Cocoon at level one means she can dominate solo lane players if she should solo. Even if she were to remain jungler, she could still dominate them by pulling them into a minion wave when they do the first 2 minute lane push meta. Plus, her ultimate is basically Elise's ultimate.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » July 13, 2014 5:02pm | Report
Aphnex wrote:

I personally think she should be reworked into being a tank.

No.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » July 13, 2014 5:10pm | Report
Firraria wrote:

No.

But a spider tank makes sense, no?

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » July 13, 2014 6:13pm | Report
Aphnex wrote:

But a spider tank makes sense, no?

No.

I don't want Hi-Rez to touch my precious spoder D:

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » July 13, 2014 6:25pm | Report
Firraria wrote:

No.

I don't want Hi-Rez to touch my precious spoder D:

And I didn't want them to touch my Guan Yu, but we all can't have what we want now can we?! TT.TT
#RipinpeaceGuanYu2012-2013

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » July 13, 2014 7:25pm | Report
My idea for Arachne changes:

Arachne Changes

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }