Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

A few ideas

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » A few ideas 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by elementality2012 » October 19, 2013 10:30pm | Report
Constructive Feedback is welcomed.

Active Items:

Medusa’s visage. x second cd, turns all players facing caster in a cone to stone for 1 second max rank, increasing damage taken.

Pandora’s Box. Unleash darkness into the world, reducing all stats of any enemy in the radius. Reduces dmg done, increases dmg taken, and silences for 1 second.

Characters:

Medusa :

passive - stone guardians. Any player killed while under medusa ult will return as a stone guardian, lasts until defeated or player respawns, max of 2 guardians. Guardians have one ability of player copied.

first- summons snakes, similar to arachne spiders, poison target bitten

second- slows, and stuns at max rank, conal attack.

third- self buff, increases damage done, reduces damage taken, poisons target equal to all other dmg done from other sources while active. *New DOT dmg equal to % of damage taken while ability was active on target.

ult- Turns all enemies within the radius into stone, increasing damage taken to stoned targets, and reduces damage taken by allies anywhere on the map for duration.

Panacea :

passive - Increases the HP and resistances of allies near panacea. Equal to x % of her total stats including items.

first- Sacred barrier that absorbs x damage while returning x damage received while active.

second- Cleansing purge. Removes all negative statuses from single target, low cd. Removes one buff from enemies.possibly removes any health or mana potion active on enemies

third- Blessed recovery. Heals target for X and an additional % of total life. Damages enemies near healed target for low % of healing done.

ult- Divinity. Places a sacred barrier on all allies anywhere on the map, cures all status effects, and increases own HP to full.

elementality2012

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 19, 2013 11:26pm | Report
Hey, new guy. Make your posts easier to read. And don't put an X and expect us to fill it in for you. It's your design, after all.

Active items are overpowered. Turning to stone sounds like stunning to me.

Needless to say, this needs work.

Look at this guy for an example. He's new too, and he's better. https://www.smitefire.com/smite/forum/god-item-ideas/rmoct13-erebus-primordial-god-of-darkness-2708

I mean, yeah, in terms of balance, he has the same problems as you, but his looks better.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » October 19, 2013 11:33pm | Report
So let me get this straight, you want to implement active items with the same effect as a characters kit, as in literally it is the exact samething. So you effectively could just double up all of the effects on that single character. Also, what do the stone guardians do, to give ideas you need to elaborate more on the ideas.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by elementality2012 » October 19, 2013 11:57pm | Report
I actually forgot to mention, I only thought of the visage item for if the medusa character wasn't accepted. I was thinking it would be similar to FOG, possibly too similar? Also thank you for the constructive feedback. I did forget to mention it wasn't well formatted when I posted. I had the flow of ideas and nowhere for it to go in a hurry before the inspiration ran dry.

elementality2012

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by elementality2012 » October 20, 2013 12:06am | Report
I think the character concepts of both medusa and panacea are acceptable, I need help in terms of balancing, and flavor. Initially I thought of Medusa and how great of a controlling character she could be on a team. Her iconic gaze turning people into stone felt like the obvious choice for her ultimate, the snakes were the other idea I had for lesser abilities, but I'm open to any ideas of course.

I think with your help both of these characters could turn into something very viable for the game.

As for the active items, I'd keep the pandoras box, but am not sure how to balance that and keep it respectful to the lore of the actual item.

elementality2012

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by elementality2012 » October 20, 2013 12:11am | Report
For the stone guardians, I did not mention an ability, and solely because I think to balance such a feature, it will need to be tuned to be fair. Obviously having artemis boar is not fair, so perhaps X ability of Y god. Possibly even a passive of the god stolen from if not a usable ability?

elementality2012

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 20, 2013 5:39pm | Report
Here's a better idea:

Make each statue be played by an AI that changes based on role.

For example, a Hunter statue would fire ranged basic attacks with a 30% crit chance.

A Warrior statue would hit with melee attacks and would have more health.

A Mage statue would hit with small area-of-effect attacks, like, say, once every 5 seconds.

A Guardian statue could stun enemies for 0.75 seconds in a small radius in a circle, while trying to move toward enemies.

Of course, those are just examples. My core idea is creating statue abilities based on role, not the specific god. Seems easier to balance.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }