Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Zeus = Dat Rework

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Zeus = Dat Rework 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 21, 2014 7:25am | Report
I sort of think Zeus needs a rework...

Either I am a scrub at him or he is lacking.

Let me explain.

My main problem with him is his Ultimate

The animation is so damn long and slow that it makes 1v1ing anyone with the ult practically useless no matter when you use it unless they have no escape and even then it only hits like once or twice max unless they are trash at Smite.

The ult is so dumb, I looks cool and WOULD big great if people were to stay in it but that doesn't happen. Its basically a long start up useless ult that only has any meaning really in team fights and even then its not the greatest Ult ever although it does good at zoning.

For example

If I am facing Agni and place the ult down, he will dash out = useless ult
If I am facing Apollo he will dash out = uselss ult
Hell even if I place the ult when they have no escapes they can just walk out of the damage...

Now that is not the bad part, the bad part is when Zeus takes like 2 damn seconds just to lay the ult down, it practically is not good at all because it gives way to much delay for anything meaningful to happen to your enemy. ITs already half uselss when they can just walk out the damage its even more useless when Zeus animation takes forever just to cast the ability and you can get killed while placing the ult.

His 1 is okay in fights but its SO DAMN HORRIBLE for clearing a wave, Zeus is strait up garbage with wave clear even while using his 1 + 3 its still garbage clear.

Zeus's 2 is good for fighting auto attackers and gaining movement speed but other than that is not great against anything else.

So let me see his pros

- He CAN do high damage
- He CAN put charges on auto attackers for attacking him
- His chain lighting does good damage when bouncing on enemies
- His Ult is great at zoning and kills nice noobs who stand in it

Cons
- Horrible *** wave clear, so bad it makes me cry, can't even clear with his 1 + 3
- No escape (Hes 2 is only decent at max ranks)
- Chain lightning is weak as hell when there is nothing to bounce off of
- detonate is useless until you place a few charges on someone
- his ult takes way to long to start up, the animation delay is way to long and makes his ult avoidable even that much easier
- His ult is already avoidable and the lighting strikes don't deal that much damage

To me Zeus needs a rework, he has to work to hard to get a kill or clear a wave or do anything really...

If you want to put charges on people with autos you have to put yourself in danger
You can't clear waves and out clear because hes wave clear is so bad
You can't 1v1 with Chain lighting when nothing is there to bounce off of
Your shield only helps mainly with auto attackers and most Gods can kill him without autoing
His ult is mostly unconfirmed damage because they either escape it, walk out of it before it does even 2 hits or the animation is so slow it misses by time it starts up....

To me Zeus is mainly unconfirmed damage....

I think he needs reworked because hes not really that good at anything, before his attack chain was beast because he threw like 3 quick autos letting him build up charges, he also had a stun before to let him confirm his damage easier. Now he has none of that and almost all of his skills are useless half the time.

I'd rather see him reworked like this

I'd like to see him be more effective at 1v1

He should be able to bounce chain lighting to himself if he has his Aegis Shield (2) active and is close enough. In case its Op I would fix that by making Zeus take slight damage from every bounce to his shield if he chooses to use that. This way chain lighting isn't a useless piece of **** in a 1v1 situation.

His ult needs changed, either that or the delay animation needs sped up and the strikes need to come out faster because the ult is not that great, the ult needs to stun when they get striked with 3 charages on them by the ult. If you want into his ult with 3 charges the ult should stun you inside the ult this way its not broken in the way he can just keep stunning you without using his ult.

Its clear what Zeus is **** at, those are two things.

Confirmed damage and wave clear

Since I don't want him to have both or he'd be too good for what he does he needs only one of those things.

I'd rather see him have more confirmable damage in 1v1's then more wave clear.

As it stands now Zeus cannot 1v1 without any objects to chain from. It takes way to long to stack charges in a 1v1 without minions around and his 3 is useless without 2-3 charges and his 2 is useless against mages or ability users and his ult is to slow.

I want him to be able to 1v1 now.

If you get too close to him I want him able to chain lighting the enemy, pop his 2 and the chain ighting will bounce off of himself but he will deal damage to himself if he does this.

This way his 1 is not garbage in a 1v1
This way his 2 is not garbage in a 1v1 other than against auto attackers
This way his 3 is not garbage in a 1v1 in the way it takes to long to gain 3 charges in a 1v1

and I want his ult sped up and have the ability to stun anyone in the ult with 3 charges who gets hit with a ult lighting strike.

This way he has more confirmable damage

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » November 21, 2014 9:48am | Report
Or we could just give him his stun back. Then he can be dumb op again. :D Then we could just make all the gods dumb op and see who can one shot the fastest!!!

But in all seriousness. I agree with you. He is just kind of lacking, no escape, no hard cc, no waveclear and his charges are the only real damage he has. Pretty lame piece of junk. I just started playing again and I never see him anymore. It's sad :c

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » November 21, 2014 10:52am | Report
Frankly even as a guy who never plays Zeus, I think he does need his stun back. His damage is kinda **** most of the time, he can't escape anybody but the most inept of players, and he has stupidly short range.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » November 21, 2014 2:07pm | Report
zeus has fall of hard (because the huge power creep). His ult can only deal tons of damage when you have a nice odin ult to put it above.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 21, 2014 2:39pm | Report
If Zeus hit me with his 1, then used his 2, then used his 3 I would laugh

it does NOTHING

If he hit me with his 1, then one auto then his 3 I would still laugh

point is, with less than 2 charges every ability he has is complete garbage

Only with max charges is he good at anything

But why would I want to pick a God like Zeus who has to get 3 autos to deal damage when I can pick Agni and drop damage with one attack and deal MORE damage then your 2 charges????

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 21, 2014 2:43pm | Report
Out of curiosity, what build path are you using on Zeus? He shouldn't be built traditional mage, he should be built halfway between a burst mage and an AA mage.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 21, 2014 3:51pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Out of curiosity, what build path are you using on Zeus? He shouldn't be built traditional mage, he should be built halfway between a burst mage and an AA mage.
either is pretty bad

If you build AA he loses raw damage on strikes

if you build strait damage he is slow with AA

You can't win

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 21, 2014 4:52pm | Report
No you absolutely can win. You take Demo Grip and you still do a lot of damage. The AA speeds up and his 3 still nukes.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 21, 2014 5:10pm | Report
Yes auto attack builds work on him.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » November 22, 2014 2:12pm | Report
also the charges reduce something (protections I believe *is to lazy to check* )

EDIT: increased damage with basics (90% increased damage at max charges)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }