Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Your favourite anti-meta

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Your favourite anti-meta 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » November 20, 2013 1:02pm | Report
What would you say is your favourite way(S) to disregard the meta completely, and play a god in a way it wasn't meant to be used? My top two by far are :

- Tanky Chang'e, because screw the enemy team. [You can literally take on 2+ people for a VERY long time without dying as tanky chang'e, its the best thing ever.]
- Mage power Athena, because shes seriously fabulous like that. [Seriously, try it. positive KDR guaranteed]

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » November 20, 2013 1:11pm | Report
Tanky Mercury . He still puts out tons of damage , he's much more resilient to damage and I don't die 2 seconds when I want to make a Special Delivery to my teammates .

As you also said, fullmage Athena .It's a bit boring early game , but late game squishies won't stand a chance .Even got a quadra with her in Cup Runneth by using my ulti on our Ares while he was using his ultimate.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » November 20, 2013 1:35pm | Report
These picks don't fit tier lists that much, but they work better than you would think:

He Bo, Freya, and Odin jungle. Freya probably isn't a surprise, but the other two might. Honestly, if you think about it, both their clear and their ganks are good.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » November 20, 2013 1:37pm | Report
Mage Athena isn't even really counter-meta, she's played in jungle and solo lane pretty consistently at high levels. Her global ult is great for organized teams, and a good crutch for players who don't know to rotate as well. Her scaling is just ridiculous.

My favorite counter-meta stuff is anything you do in the first minute outside of the usual. People will just mindlessly follow the standard path almost 100% of the time, so you can safely invade, steal blue, catch a jungler at red alone with 40% HP after he just popped his red pot, 5 man gank at mid harpies, anything.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » November 20, 2013 3:29pm | Report
Jungle Poseidon! It's so fun to just come to lane and all they hear is "Release, the kraken!" xD

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 20, 2013 3:41pm | Report
Pure mage Ares is fun. His chains are stupidly high damage, and his ult hits like a truck (you can't avoid it unless you aegis, beads doesn't stop damage!)

I also like pure tank Kali. It's stupid, you build her similar to a very tanky Odin, and her passive lifesteal makes her NEVER DIE. And her base damage on her blood lash is ridiculous. Finally, she's fast as hell. Basically, a mage or carry is dead.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » November 21, 2013 1:48am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

I also like pure tank Kali.

I find bruiser Kali to be much more effective then assassin Kali, never gone super tanky though.

Support Anubis (Did this way back when he was one of my favorite gods):
Basically go all cooldown reduction and movement speed (like old Boots of Celerity). Just focus on wave cleaning and then use your CC help your carry get the kill. Its pretty effective if you have a good carry and you are also hard to kill since you can outrun people with ease and your stun is always up.

Super tanky and full cooldown reduction Aphrodite:
Not extremely anti-meta, but you are just impossible to kill (though you do no damage at all and your heals are not that good)

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 21, 2013 4:12am | Report
Um um... Bacchus Assassin! Build with Reaver, FoG, Poly, and some cdr for chasing. And Ur belly flop will just ALMOST flatten any squishy opponent.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by noctuum » November 22, 2013 10:03pm | Report
This may be kind of obvious but jungle Hebo is really cool. when you gank there is not much that enemies can do to defend unless they have magic resistance. Hebo is such a glass cannon he is perfect for jungle.

He can go in, do a ton of damage, then leave. I laugh when enemies try to follow me out of lane. his number 2 ability in the narrow jungle paths pretty much make catching up to him impossible.
Exclamatory! I'm so Adjective I Verb Nouns Adverbly.

IGN: BonyCrow
Add Me.

noctuum

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }