Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

XB1 Smite Players

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » XB1 Smite Players 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Brohann » August 3, 2015 4:05pm | Report
Before I begin this, I just want to give an example of the tendencies of Smite XB1 players.

Aaren (my friend) and I were playing a game of Arena. He had just installed the game, and this was his second match. I was playing Xbal, and he was Ymir. Not 10 minutes into the game, 3 of our teammates left. For the rest of the match, we tried our best to fend off the enemies, but our efforts were in game. At the time of writing this post, he has uninstalled the game from his Xbox.

This is what is plaguing the Smite community on Xbox. That is only one example, but I can't count how many times that has happened. That is what's driving people away from Smite. I will admit that I have ragequitted before, but I have stopped that behavior. If you're playing Smite on XB1, please don't do **** like that. You're going to have a 1 hour penalty to play, and it is overall in poor taste. Even if you've died 13 times, just hang in there. I know that sounded like a cat poster, but it's true.

Brohann

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » August 3, 2015 4:47pm | Report
Brohann wrote:

Before I begin this, I just want to give an example of the tendencies of Smite XB1 players.

Aaren (my friend) and I were playing a game of Arena. He had just installed the game, and this was his second match. I was playing Xbal, and he was Ymir. Not 10 minutes into the game, 3 of our teammates left. For the rest of the match, we tried our best to fend off the enemies, but our efforts were in game. At the time of writing this post, he has uninstalled the game from his Xbox.

This is what is plaguing the Smite community on Xbox. That is only one example, but I can't count how many times that has happened. That is what's driving people away from Smite. I will admit that I have ragequitted before, but I have stopped that behavior. If you're playing Smite on XB1, please don't do **** like that. You're going to have a 1 hour penalty to play, and it is overall in poor taste. Even if you've died 13 times, just hang in there. I know that sounded like a cat poster, but it's true.

I might be wrong, since I play on PC, but from my experience it gets better as you get higher in rank. Like I said, I might be wrong though. Even at higher ranks, people can be huge ****s.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 4, 2015 1:21am | Report
you will keep this especially at low ranks with players new to the genre. As in most xbox games you can RQ or got to another server. normally you see this mostly in the early lvls. (also I believe the penalty goes from 30 mins to 1 hour to 2h to 4h if you quit within 24 hours of your last DC)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GBA Twisted Ink » August 5, 2015 8:39am | Report
I've gotten this as well in my last 6 out of 13 games...

GBA Twisted Ink

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Spukky » August 5, 2015 9:27am | Report
Behaviour like this happens less and less once you level a bit.
Don't give up yet. Also look for some friends to play with, you can look for some here.
Playing on xbone, gt Spukky619
Feel free to add me as a friend if you wanne team up.

Spukky

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 5, 2015 2:54pm | Report
Spukky wrote:

Behaviour like this happens less and less once you level a bit.
Don't give up yet. Also look for some friends to play with, you can look for some here.

especially xbone atm. haven't seen a lot of threads from pc users compared to the xbone users

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HastenedAMC » August 6, 2015 11:59pm | Report
I absolutely agree. It would be pretty ideal if they added a heightened penalty to repeat offenders. Ex. extended queue bans, worshiper deductions, banned exp rates etc. It also bugs me when enemy players back out of the game, then you just have people hugging their towers. This is an issue that needs to be addressed.

HastenedAMC

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 7, 2015 2:20am | Report
HastenedAMC wrote:

I absolutely agree. It would be pretty ideal if they added a heightened penalty to repeat offenders. Ex. extended queue bans, worshiper deductions, banned exp rates etc. It also bugs me when enemy players back out of the game, then you just have people hugging their towers. This is an issue that needs to be addressed.

I don't know how the system works on xbox but if they dc and don't come back they won't get favor xp or worshippers at the end and they will lose their goodwill (which gives a bonus on favor (30% at 100% goodwill)).

now probably HR Ban system on xbox is of as in the pc version not reconnecting gives you a 30 min penalty. if you then do it within 24 hours again you get 1 hour and you then do it again in 24 hours of that game (timer resets) you get a 2 hour ban and after that you will receive a 4 hour ban every time you leave within 24 hours of the last one.

I don't get your last point. if I'm understanding It right it's like a late connecting player or someone dc and reconnecting later well yeah then it tends to happen that those players play extremely save because being behind with 5 min can be a huge difference (unless you were already fully lvled and 6 slotted). So then you try to farm and lvl up (lvling up being the easier point as minions don't grow in the amount of xp they give and you need less xp to lvl then higher lvl players)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by muzzirenti90 » August 11, 2015 6:28am | Report
I'm new to smite i have only played just under two weeks so i'm probably not the best person to answer this but my experience so far with this issue is.

As a previous post I would agree earlier levels I saw a lot of players D/C Xbox and it gets better later (so far in my experience anyway). I'm now at level 21 and the majority of D/C's are players loosing connection but come back on or people that keep getting killed trying to do a surrender vote and with it getting voted no about 20 times they give up and leave the match.

muzzirenti90

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by unpredictabilly » August 18, 2015 12:53pm | Report
Well tomorrow is the official release of Smite on XBOXone so hopefully they will fix all of these issues...

I know that I have been in many matches already to just to find myself getting kicked out / disconnected. I will just reconnect and get back in the game only to show up in the spawn because I was left idle in the middle of the map :-(.

Technically we are still in beta but give it another month and see how things are with the official Smite release.

- Unpredictabilly
Look me up on xboxone - I won't leave the match. ;-)
You can also check out my Twitch Channel to see gameplay/highlights of Smite.

XBOX GT: UNPREDICTABILLY
TWITCH: UNPREDICTABILLY

unpredictabilly

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }