Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Why the change of "Stance"?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Why the change of "Stance"? 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » March 18, 2014 7:38pm | Report
Can anyone explain: How come Tyr has an ult while Hel and Ullr doesn't? What's the difference with Tyr being a warrior with an ult while Hel as a mage and Ullr as a hunter with no ult?
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » March 18, 2014 7:44pm | Report
There's quite a huge difference between being able to switch stances every other second and being able to switch stances every ten or so seconds. The loss of a true ultimate is the trade-off for not being stuck in a stance for an extended period of time.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » March 18, 2014 7:51pm | Report
Maybe cause his stances don't change his playstyle or something?

I mean in both his stances his abilities still do damage and are still used offensively, only with different effects that don't alter too much. An example is his Cleave, which in both stances is still a damaging ability, only in Defense stance it has the added benefit of a heal.

Hel's abilites change drastically when switching her stances. Instead of having the debuff you instead get a cleanse, and instead of your big AoE ability that deals ****loads of damage you get a massive heal.

But thats just my thought, so take them with a grain of salt.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » March 19, 2014 3:37pm | Report
My guess would be that when they made Hel, they thought continuous stance change was maybe too op. So when Tyr came out, I think they made him an experimental character. I guess their goal was to see: "is it better to have switch stance character with a damaging ultimate?" Well, as everyone probably knows, Tyr with CDR IS A MERCILESS KILLING MACHINE... of death. Used your ult on damage stance, BOOM huge damage, then a 1,2,3,1,2,3 combo to finish you off. Now the CDR part comes in, "hey you're a tank? No prob!!!! I'll just spam my stance change like a little b**** because I have CDR!!!!!! Don't worry since I'm brusing I got BoV so I don't run out of mana too quickly! Pssst more CDR" so I guess they could't change his abilities since players are already familiarized with them. When Ullr came around they didn't want him having a good damage initiator ult that would make the stance change an ability that would be pretty impossible to cool down with CDR.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }