Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Where does everyone get game info from?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Where does everyone get game info from? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by hiro1221 » April 3, 2013 3:56pm | Report
I see how people know info like item stacking but where do they get the information from? As much as I enjoy this site and everyone's help, I'd prefer to get the information myself. Is there a site from the company posting this stuff?
Hell Hath no Fury like a BAD-A$* MOFO WITH A BOW SUCKA!

hiro1221

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » April 3, 2013 6:12pm | Report
Datamining/Twitter/Forums.

Data miners are literally accessing everything a game contains. All the particles,light effects, map files, models. What not
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by URDustin » April 4, 2013 4:16pm | Report
Not sure what u mean. Do you mean like how people figure out how items work with the same or other items like two void blades on the same team or how gem of isolation and frost bound hammer work with each other when built of freya; this what you mean by item stacking?

URDustin

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by hiro1221 » April 4, 2013 7:39pm | Report
Yea. How do people know deep, info like that is what im wondering.
Hell Hath no Fury like a BAD-A$* MOFO WITH A BOW SUCKA!

hiro1221

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » April 4, 2013 11:11pm | Report
For the most part, this information just kind of floats around at the higher tiers of the competitive scene and becomes common knowledge up there. If you actually follow any competitive player who makes it their job to understand all of these facets of min/maxing, you'll learn a few things. Like how currently, buying a Death's Toll+Rank 1 Boots+Mana Potion is considered to be the ideal starting build for any physical ranged.

I get most of my advanced knowledge from looking through HiRez's official forum. There are experienced players who frequent that place, and they will dissect and examine every aspect of a god or item to determine how good they are. Several of them even do their own experimenting and math to come to their conclusions, and it's how they've come to learn things like how two Voidblade auras from the same team won't stack.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }