Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Vulcan... WHAT?!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Vulcan... WHAT?! 14 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » March 14, 2013 7:11am | Report
ICEN wrote:

I never played a full tanky Vulcan like you have but it sounds like fun.

I didn't play as Vulcan, I was against one. I've imagined someone feeling like a badass behind the screen too, but then I remember that Vulcan is best *****, so then it's ok.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmiteBadger » March 14, 2013 12:10pm | Report
Ok wow, learn to play Smite. So you're upset that Vulcan has the ability to handle creepwave after creepwave without much danger of death... Hrmm... sounds like many other Gods. Playing like a "*****" seems like the player is being smart enough to not exchange blows with you until he's good and ready to do so.

Need examples, sure;

Anubis (Cast on creepwave, run away)
Loki (Decoy on creepwave, run away)
Anhur (Spear on creepwave, run away)
Thor (Hammer on creepwave, run away)

If someone is doing this to you, nuke the wave yourself and then get into the jungle and get a camp before the next wave or go gank. Sometimes early game is "boring" (I don't think so but I'd figure you'd think so since he's playing like a "*****"). It's called buildup and strategy. You wouldn't just run at someone at level 3 casting each ability you had and expect them to die if you hit with all of them, the game takes a bit of buildup and it sounds like your oppenent wanted it to build up a little longer than you did.

You also did the right thing and called in a friendly player to help push... you had to out number someone to push? *Gasp*

Just learn to play Mobas and you'll realize that there's totally nothing wrong with Vulcan. His ult is one of the worst in the game and if his opponents are skilled they can target down his cannon in a few seconds, leaving him a pointless melee mage for the next 10 seconds while he waits for cooldown.

SmiteBadger

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » March 16, 2013 2:06am | Report
No vulcan is not the same as anhur, anubis or any god. By the way I'm not saying to nerf him or anything all I am saying is vulcan to me is a ***** type character. Its okay if you like to use him, hell I might decide to use him but I still like to call him a ***** because thats what I think of him.

The reason why vulcan isn't the same as other gods is because his turrets do all the fighting along with stay their until they are destroyed. Like I said he never really kills me hes just very ***** to go against mainly because you have to keep attacking his turrets just for him to place another down. If his turrets only lasted or shot for like 5 seconds he would not be labeled as a ***** by my brain. But since his turrets attack until you destroy them hes *****.

The reason I call him a ***** is because the actually player doesn't really do anything the turrets do all the attacking/damage for him. For example anhurs impale I have to aim/lead and hit the opponent with but after it hits them it goes away.

With vulcan you don't have to aim you just put down a turret which attacks anything near it, and it last forever. Whats not to get, that is why I call him a ***** character, I don't have no problem with someone playing with him all I said is I call him a *****, just as I call thor a ******.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » March 16, 2013 2:00pm | Report
SmiteBadger wrote:

Ok wow, learn to play Smite.

You also did the right thing and called in a friendly player to help push... you had to out number someone to push? *Gasp*

Just learn to play Mobas and you'll realize that there's totally nothing wrong with Vulcan. cooldown.

As much as I respect your opinion and agree on some parts, you don't need to be snoody. Yes, I had trouble with this Vulcan because he played well and I as a Poseidon could not push him.

I cannot agree in your comparisons, however. The ones you used to compare generally have a skill shot and require that the player be engaged in the battle. Vulcan can simply drop some constructs and retreat, letting his constructs do all the work. Non-comparable.

ICEN wrote:

No vulcan is not the same as anhur, anubis or any god. By the way I'm not saying to nerf him or anything all I am saying is vulcan to me is a ***** type character. Its okay if you like to use him, hell I might decide to use him but I still like to call him a ***** because thats what I think of him.

The reason why vulcan isn't the same as other gods is because his turrets do all the fighting along with stay their until they are destroyed. Like I said he never really kills me hes just very ***** to go against mainly because you have to keep attacking his turrets just for him to place another down. If his turrets only lasted or shot for like 5 seconds he would not be labeled as a ***** by my brain. But since his turrets attack until you destroy them hes *****.

The reason I call him a ***** is because the actually player doesn't really do anything the turrets do all the attacking/damage for him. For example anhurs impale I have to aim/lead and hit the opponent with but after it hits them it goes away.

With vulcan you don't have to aim you just put down a turret which attacks anything near it, and it last forever. Whats not to get, that is why I call him a ***** character, I don't have no problem with someone playing with him all I said is I call him a *****, just as I call thor a ******.

That just about explains my distaste for him as well. Can't say I'd call Thor a ******, but I'm not fond of him either.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }