Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Voice Pack Question / Sound Suggestion

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Voice Pack Question / Sound Suggestion 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PyrexXxia » March 21, 2014 11:14pm | Report
I'm curious of 2 things, if I own the voice packs, can other players hear my God specific voices when I use them or only me and they hear still the default announcer voice?

Also, since not that many people use the voices and I play mostly arena matches where it appears (at least on my end) that voices are disabled. If I own a voice pack and a different player on my team is playing that God, will I hear the default announcer or the God's voice I bought?

Just seems since I actually think it is more of a game advantage since if you know what the voices sound like you can tell instantly without even glancing over which god it saying what and it can be a play advantage (at least is in other games with unique voices that I play).

Last, I wondered why they don't put alot of developement into sound based game aspects. The way I mean this is, well since vocal variances is a pay feature so not everyone can have it or will, that is one hint, but also, because only the player hears their own movement sounds.

When I first played Arachne my thought was, I need to be extra stealthy because my sound queus will give me away in certain situations, but after a few games began to realize that there are no hints to other players approaching other than the map and panning around. Just in my play experiences, this takes away so much from the ability to get immersed in the game-play environment. Just thinking it would make a good game truly amazing to add a touch of realism that would contribute very much to different and more thought out strategies. When I watch videos in game and everyone has music blasting it kind of gives me the impression that it isn't much of a concern, but any game that you need to have the volume on to play effectively, to me, is a game that really exercises the senses.

PyrexXxia

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » March 22, 2014 2:29am | Report
Every team mate can hear your voice commands if you own a voice pack.

If you have Hel voice pack, but a different player is playing Hel you will only hear the Hel voice IF that player has the voice pack.
Voices are not disabled in Arena, you are probably matched with players that don't think communicating is important.

Not for everyone it isn't. I have played a lot of this game and 95% of the players had the default announcer so I got this reflex to look at the chat and back in an instant. Now I look at it even if the player has a voice pack.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » March 22, 2014 5:52am | Report
Romanians wrote:
If you have Hel voice pack, but a different player is playing Hel you will only hear the Hel voice IF that player has the voice pack.

This can't be correct, can it?
If I buy a VP, I should hear it if the other player has it or not. I'm pretty sure that's not correct.

@TC - The game hasn't even launched yet, I'm sure there'll be a bunch of stuff added in the future. (:

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » March 22, 2014 6:03am | Report

Now I'm confused.

Your question was if:

You own Hel (as an example because why not) voice pack but X player plays Hel and doesn't own Hel voice pack, you will hear VGS commands with the default voice, if he owns Hel voice pack, you will, no matter if you own it or not. If you play Hel you will hear VGS commands with Hel's voice(s) as well as your teammates.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » March 22, 2014 6:59am | Report
@Romanians - Now you're confusing everyone, as well as me. ;D

Ok, so, I don't have Hel's voice pack, therefore I can't hear her voice, even if another player using her has it.

I buy Hel's voice pack, I can hear it whenever she uses VGS in-game, no matter what player uses her.

Another player's purchase doesn't affect me or my game.

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » March 22, 2014 7:09am | Report
Actually, that's wrong. If someone purchases a voice pack, everyone on their team will hear it when they use that god's VGS. Likewise, even if you have the voice pack for a god, you won't hear it unless the user himself owns it.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PyrexXxia » March 22, 2014 7:51am | Report

Actually, that's wrong. If someone purchases a voice pack, everyone on their team will hear it when they use that god's VGS. Likewise, even if you have the voice pack for a god, you won't hear it unless the user himself owns it.

That was what I was thinking. I was hoping ownership enhanced my entire game experience, but the way I figured, this would have been the case. Makes sense I suppose.

PyrexXxia

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }