Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Tower / Gold

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Tower / Gold 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mellojoe » March 18, 2013 1:39pm | Report
How is everyone liking the Tower / Gold change? When you kill a tower early on, you gain such a huge gold advantage.

Good change?

Bad change?

For me? I'm finding it to be less and less of a good thing. Originally I liked it, but now the gold advantage becomes huge if the other team gets a tower before you. And mounting a come-back becomes even more impossible. If you lose the early game, you've pretty much lost the game as a whole. I thought I would like it, but I just don't. The games I'm winning are more of a blowout, and the games I'm losing are simply because the incremental advantages are piled up against us.

I miss having close games that can be won or lost by the right attack and/or counter-attack. Am I the only one?

mellojoe

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » March 18, 2013 2:19pm | Report
I'm fine with how they currently are. Things were much worse back in February when the towers gave passive gold increase for each on your team destroyed, resulting in ridiculous snowballing that was almost impossible to come back from as the game dragged on.

The reason why towers give gold to the team that destroys them is because they're an objective. You're supposed to take down their towers, and protect your own: it's the goal of the game. If your team abandons a side lane and lets someone push down two towers within a minute, they deserve that free gold for your failure to notice what was going on.

There are a lot of other factors to gold gain besides the towers, though. The Gold Fury, for example, gives everyone on your team 300 gold, which is almost the same as destroying two towers! If your team is behind in towers, organizing a quick Gold Fury kill (or just having a DPS with lifesteal solo it) can help close the gold gap that was created.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » March 18, 2013 3:33pm | Report
I wish that the gold spool would be returned to 3 gold/sec. Ever since the change in February I haven't been able to finish a build in Conquest ONCE. It hasn't happened.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » March 18, 2013 3:53pm | Report
If you can drag out a game to 45-50 minutes or so, you can usually get a full build. Though most times, a game will end around 30 minutes, usually sooner if one of the teams surrenders.

Supposedly, the reason why gold spooling got dropped down to 2g/sec was because tanks were getting built up too quickly, resulting in the "tank meta" that everyone seemed to loathe. I find that logic questionable, because theoretically, wouldn't carries be getting more gold than tanks anyways simply because they can farm better and are often given the last hits to further increase their gold farm? If the tanks were getting enough money to build their defense and resistance, wouldn't the carries also be getting just as much (if not more) money to build up damage and penetration as well to overcome the tanks?
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 18, 2013 4:26pm | Report
I could remember the time around the Xbla, or Bacchus update when the gold spool used to be so large that about level seven after farming in lane, you could already reach Tier two of a character's second weapon. Even more, the Gold Fury gave out quite an expensive increase in gol causing the other team to fall behind quite the gap. After the decrease, I slightly felt like it was just slightly, just a little slower. I hope they try to find a balanced value between the gold spooling.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }