Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Toast's Tier List

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Toast's Tier List 27 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by _angrytoast » April 5, 2015 2:26pm | Report
Zanestorm wrote:

I agree with most of your new list. Still wouldn't have AMC that high up, he's B+ rank at best, imo. I'd bump Chang'e up to A rank, she matches up well against most picks and brings a strong ult and poke damage to the table. I'd probably put Ares in B rank and Agni in S+ rank. I'd knock Nox down to B rank and shift Mercury to A rank. I'd also put Hel in A rank rather than B+, but that's less important. I'd be tempted to shift Tyr and Kali down to A rank too, as well as possibly Sylvanus.

AMC has the capacity to dish out absurd amounts of damage, mostly due to his hives. Change is alright but doesn't have much carry capacity, also she lacks the utility other healers have such as Ra. Ares is tricky, depending on how aggressive he gets early on, and the team comp. Nox suffered heavily due to nerfs but is not a B tier character. Merc stays in A- because his teamfight is awful and his ult can easily put him out of position. Hel is in B+ because there are other gods who do her job better such as Change. Tyr doesn't lose a single matchup in the solo lane except against Bakasura. Kali is a hyper carry that snowballs hard. Sylvanus us a walking CC machine and fits into any team comp.

_angrytoast

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » April 5, 2015 3:38pm | Report
_angrytoast wrote:

AMC has the capacity to dish out absurd amounts of damage, mostly due to his hives. Change is alright but doesn't have much carry capacity, also she lacks the utility other healers have such as Ra. Ares is tricky, depending on how aggressive he gets early on, and the team comp. Nox suffered heavily due to nerfs but is not a B tier character. Merc stays in A- because his teamfight is awful and his ult can easily put him out of position. Hel is in B+ because there are other gods who do her job better such as Change. Tyr doesn't lose a single matchup in the solo lane except against Bakasura. Kali is a hyper carry that snowballs hard. Sylvanus us a walking CC machine and fits into any team comp.

True, but the hives can be fairly easily countered in-lane and in a team fight by any god. Whereas something like Artemis' steroid can't be countered so easily.

Chang'e is a weird one. She isn't a hyper-carry due to her damage, but she brings alot to the table. She has built in anti-heal, a heal, a very low cooldown mini-aegis, good poke, an ult that can win team fights if timed right, but generally influences them heavily. She isn't played like Scylla, but I think she's good enough to put into A rank territory for what she brings to the team compared to other solo laners. I'd personally put her in S rank, but she's my main so... :P

Merc can be a real power-house hyper-carry like Kali, but I see what you mean with that one.

Hel has AoE CC immunity and much higher burst damage and burst healing than Chang'e. She's much better than Chang'e at supporting the team, in terms of support I'd put her on equal footing with aphrodite or just slightly below.

I wouldn't say Tyr is a perfect solo laner by any stretch, but he does have a potent combo. Yet he's entirely reliant on it [like anubis,] so if you're against a half-competent team that buys beads you're likely in trouble. I'm iffy on Tyr though, he's definitely very good in low-tier matches.

Kali is very similar to Merc in terms of carry potential, so it's odd to me you'd have them in different tiers. Her ult is better for herself but worse for her team, it's hard to say which is better in my eyes.

Sylvanus is a great support but that's pretty much all he brings to the table. There's plenty of supports that also bring damage [Hel] Utility [Chang'e, iffy support, or Aphrodite] ect. I wouldn't place him that highly purely because he lacks flexibility, but meh. Edit: By support I don't mean guardian here, I mean purely from a healing / CC / Utility stand point.

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » April 5, 2015 4:23pm | Report
Holy **** toast, your updated is even worse... There is nowhere in hell that many gods in S tier... AMC is at best A tier and I'd personally place him at a B+ or A- for reasons stated before. Gods like Serqet, Tyr, HE BO, amc, isis, YMIR, SCYLLA, wtf I just gotta say lol. This. This is why I don't like tier lists.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zanestorm » April 5, 2015 4:43pm | Report
Greenevers wrote:

Holy **** toast, your updated is even worse... There is nowhere in hell that many gods in S tier... AMC is at best A tier and I'd personally place him at a B+ or A- for reasons stated before. Gods like Serqet, Tyr, HE BO, amc, isis, YMIR, SCYLLA, wtf I just gotta say lol. This. This is why I don't like tier lists.

Every god is S+ rank apart from Zeus. Nobody likes Zeus. He goes to C rank.

Welcome to tier lists :P

Zanestorm

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » April 5, 2015 5:48pm | Report
Some things I think are wrong with your tier list:

Green, correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt that Ao Kuang jungle is above Mercury, Loki, and arguable Thanatos jungle. Poseidon is ranked too highly. I'd say A tier because his burst damage is outstanding, which is what mages are for. The main problem is that he lacks an escape, and seeing as how mid game is just full of teamfights in mid lane, I'd say that's a bad thing. The other thing is that his cripple doesn't really lock anyone down. Yeah, it prevents escapes, but only for a short duration not to mention that there may be enemies that are just in the edge. Also, there are things like Thor's and Tyr's ults where the users can just escape Poseidon because they are cc immune. Also, I don't think Bellona belongs in a tier as Hades and Nemesis. Might be a little far-fetched, but at worst I'd say Bellona is regular S tier.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KingLion » April 5, 2015 9:58pm | Report
In my opinion your tier list is quite good and accurate. That said, I think you should reconsider your S picks, namely the number of them. In my eyes, S tier is meant to have only a couple gods in it, and most of your S picks should be A to me. A tier is for strong picks as I see it.

For example, Hun Batz, Kali, He Bo, Poseidon and Tyr are A tier gods to me.

A tier:
The focal point of balance. These gods should see no changes, given their current abilities in competitive high level play. New players should flock to this pool, as their time invested will likely not be wasted due to nerfs, buffs or changes to the playstyle.

KingLion

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BurnMojo231 » April 6, 2015 12:48am | Report
Your new updated tier list is very top heavy, and since the gods seem so close together you could move them down so they are closer to A rank. Just a thought from one who is of no importance.

BurnMojo231

Notable (1)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }