Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

THIS GAME NEED SERIOUS IMPROVEMENTS

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » THIS GAME NEED SERIOUS IMPROVEMENTS 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by YodaKool » December 13, 2012 2:23pm | Report
First of all "Hello everyone" and feel free to share your opinion too on this matter.

In my opinion the actual format of the game has serious hiccups, and the quitting rate will be huge if changes will not be present very soon.
I will list just a few of them, and most annoying for many of players i guess:

1. The time you need to wait for queue is very huge (5min), beside that if someone leave a game you'll not be placed automatically in a match queue again you need to do it manually and wait again another 5 min. If this happens several times you waste half hour just to start a match. So no fun in this and lack of programing knowledge i guess! When you join a que and 10 players are ready for game this should automatically inform you and accept or not to join. (No waiting time in any way)
Also when someone leaves you should be automatically placed in the que again not manually by user.
( Also button to leave/quit must be active every time even if you accepted to join match) !

2. The game has no chats for newbie, advanced or veteran players etc... Most part of the time you feel like in a solo game not multiplayer one.

3. When you right click on a player name a drop down menu should be activated with option like:
- add friend
- view stats
- block
-start chatting
-etc....

4. When you are in the match lobby you can not talk with your Team! What to character ban, what to chose, what lane to be if you are a premade with a friend , etc...Everything is so lame !

5. As a novice/beginner, you can not train as a novice with a 5 team against bots as you do in solo Practice vs one bot. So you must enter in a game with 5 vs 5 players and *** up the brains to all Team! Not fun at all !

6. Conquest Novice/Normal/Ranked/Premade .....
Novice will disappear when you reach lvl 6 i guess ! I dont think you are not a novice anymore after lvl 6. Not at all ! You have the opportunity to test few gods and do few matches reach lvl 6 and you are not a newbie? The is a **** idea and not helpful !
In my opinion the Play Board should always show Bots/ Novice and Advanced(Normal) PVP 5 vs 5 Novice and Advanced(Normal) etc...

7. What about a 3 vs 3 PVP map or 2 vs 2 ?

8. 90% of in-game items have a awful design, even a child can do a better design!
Boots item, some torso items and other few(books) are ok ! But the rest .....
They need a redesign very quick !

9. The game looks to be designed more like a FPS(first person shooter) platform. If you really want to have a good 3D PVP game, it must contain "Jump" for most of the characters (except the ones that levitate like Hades/Zeus etc...). This will give more mobility to the player since many battles will use basic attacks ! This can be implemented using Space key and replacing mouse free with CTRL or ALT keys.
If you maintain the aspect of a FPS and format of a 2d game like will be a huge mistake !

Those aspects are in my opinion the first that need to be changed in this game if you want t good first impression and avoid a huge rate of quitting, since is a vast competition regarding 3D PVP games and you can not offer to users lack of experience and to hope to keep them only because the idea of the game with Gods is nice! This will not be exciting after a week or so when user encounter so many issues and lack of game-play experince!

YodaKool

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 13, 2012 5:02pm | Report
Ok....

1. Yes I definitely agree, their queueing system is stupid and illogical. Why would you do it in waves rather than how it was before, I hoenstly don't know.

2. There is a chat system? I honestly don't exactly know what you are trying to say, but considering how you say 'feels like a solo game', I'm implying you mean in-game, which there is a chat system, so...

3. I honestly don't understand this either. When exactly do you want this to occur? In-game? When you click on a friends name? Please be more specific, as there are multiple instances of being able to click on a name.

4. Lost here... Do you realise you actually can talk in God select?

5. Umm, I don't really understand what you're saying here either, but that's due to poor wording... Either, what I can make out is that there should be an option to have a 5s team for under level 6 (there may be one now but there wasn't when I joined), but playing solo doesn't '*** up the brains to all Team' as you are all newbies, so you would expect to play with newbies.

6. Once again, I'm confused. So you're saying when you are no longer a novice and have some experience with the game, you should still be able to queue up with novices that are still new and don't have much experience? I honestly don't see any reason behind you wanting to be able to do that other than just wanting to completely dominate new players to this game...

7. Patience

8. Once again, patience. I think making pointless artworks that do not affect the look of your character in any way is not exactly their priorities right now.

9. No. It's not meant to be an FPS. What would be the point of a jump anyway? There are no ledges that you have to jump over. A jump would be a pointless feature. There is no platforming whatsoever, it's just flat ground. Also, what do you mean mobility? A mobile god doesn't mean a character that can jump high or do fancy tricks like a duck or a roll on the ground, a mobile God is a god whose abilities allow them to dash and leap and allow them to move around the battlefield to dodge and also throw off the aim of other Gods. Also, FPS means First Person Shooter. They're not in first person, they're in third.

I'm sorry, but I don't think you understand all the mechanics and features of the game and what the game is striving to be. It's meant to be a MOBA, not a third person shooter.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nightmare1985 » December 14, 2012 1:10am | Report
hey there guys I will share my opinion as a 30 lvl player who played smite since early begining of BETA.
Yes I understand your suggestions and for start they alredy put another 2 game modes besides 5v5. Arena needs some making since its pretty chaotic. As for chatting, add friends, lobby or game chat, items and things you mentioned you need to be patient and realize its still beta testing. Key words BETA TESTING. So until release there are 4 more gods to be introduced and lot of balancing and updating.
Surely there will be more options and combinations between items and gods and there will be a lot more game modes like custom games 2v2 3v3 etc because Smite is following path of LOL very much in making of the game its just gameplay are little different thats all.
I do have some objecions also and I posted them in my threads but Im aware its still a testing phase and optimistically think it will improve in time. Nothing came out over night remember that ....

nightmare1985

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by treefiddy350 » December 14, 2012 1:52am | Report
The part that really annoyed me about this is the idea that all characters should have jumps. I made a thread about how there are already too many jumps, which make ultis like Hades and Odin obsolete.

Oh and, are you ****ing kidding me? Like I give a **** about queue times. Smite is the sickest game I've ever played, I wouldn't care if queue was an hour. I mean it would bum me out but I'd still play.

treefiddy350

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 14, 2012 3:29am | Report
treefiddy350 wrote:

The part that really annoyed me about this is the idea that all characters should have jumps. I made a thread about how there are already too many jumps, which make ultis like Hades and Odin obsolete.

Oh and, are you ****ing kidding me? Like I give a **** about queue times. Smite is the sickest game I've ever played, I wouldn't care if queue was an hour. I mean it would bum me out but I'd still play.

By jump, he didn't mean a dash or a leap like Anhur's, he meant an actual jumnp that you would see from an FPS.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » December 14, 2012 4:32am | Report
YodaKool wrote:

9. The game looks to be designed more like a FPS(first person shooter) platform.

Sorry, but this just made no sense, since Smite is wether a " first person " game, nor it is a shooter.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » December 14, 2012 4:46am | Report
treefiddy350 wrote:

well you're in luck
pts queue times 40 min :D
have fun XD

@OP
man wtf? 0.o

its a freaking moba in 3th person
first of its kind man

they did a great job
its not a damn shooter, go play cod geez
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 14, 2012 5:41am | Report

well you're in luck
pts queue times 40 min :D
have fun XD

@OP
man wtf? 0.o

its a freaking moba in 3th person
first of its kind man

they did a great job
its not a damn shooter, go play cod geez

Not first of it's kind unfortunately. Monday Night Combat actually touched on it first. Still, Monday Night Combat aspires to be a third person shooter cross MOBA as opposed to fully be a MOBA like Smite.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » December 14, 2012 5:45am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

Not first of it's kind unfortunately. Monday Night Combat actually touched on it first. Still, Monday Night Combat aspires to be a third person shooter cross MOBA as opposed to fully be a MOBA like Smite.

LAWL totally forgot about that game
I even have it installed on my pc XD
damn that game sucked XD
or at least I think it was bad XD

still smite is something else :p
smite is more of a core moba
MNC is just a shooter with creep waves XD
(yeah yeah I know its not but still XD)
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » December 15, 2012 9:17pm | Report

LAWL totally forgot about that game
I even have it installed on my pc XD
damn that game sucked XD
or at least I think it was bad XD

still smite is something else :p
smite is more of a core moba
MNC is just a shooter with creep waves XD
(yeah yeah I know its not but still XD)

MNC did get a bit repetitive, but the new one, SMNC, is great fun.

Also, make sure Silv3rX doesn't see your post, lol.

Anyway, let's not derail the thread, despite it not really having a valid point in the first place.
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }