Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Things you think should be added to the game.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Things you think should be added to the game. 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SithHunter » November 4, 2012 2:08pm | Report
Hey everyone.

I've been playing for a few weeks now and I've noticed a few things that I would have expected to be present but aren't. Does anyone know if there's plans to add any of the things listed below? Is there any core items that you think should be in there as it stands now? (Not looking for maps or gamemodes here).

1) Mana costs on the skill tool tips - Right now, you can see the mana cost of a skill be bringing up the skill leveling window but that's about it as far as I can see. Mousing over the skill gives a description of what it does, but not the cost.

2) Unique God passives - Your passive skill isn't shown ingame on the HUD like in most MOBAs. Until recently, I wasn't even positive that each God actually had a passive.

3) Game stats - Not a huge one, but it's always nice to be able to look at some post-game numbers and see how you fared out. Numbers like damage done, damage received, towers downed, minions last hit, etc, can give you an idea of what you really need to work on to improve your game when looked at in comparison to others you've played with.

There's a few more but my brain has decided to take the rest of the day off apparently.

If anyone has any information on the 3 things I mentioned, or anything else you'd like to see, feel free to chime in.

SithHunter

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 4, 2012 4:07pm | Report
1. I dont really see a point in knowing this in game, you can hit K and see it, you shouldnt really be hovering over your skills anyhow. Think this is a preference thing.

2. Same as 1, keeps the UI clean of useless things.

3. The game does have this. Just click on your self during the game via the tab window.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CAPSLOCKFURY » November 4, 2012 5:46pm | Report
Quoted:

1. I dont really see a point in knowing this in game, you can hit K and see it, you shouldnt really be hovering over your skills anyhow. Think this is a preference thing.

2. Same as 1, keeps the UI clean of useless things.

3. The game does have this. Just click on your self during the game via the tab window.

1. K is clunky, and takes away a majority of your vision. Quickly hovering over with mouse to add up mana when you're low is a pretty big thing when you're getting used to a god. I've seen double checking to make sure of mana costs used in pretty much every Moba on big streams. I've even seen other smite players pull up the K menu and complain about this.

It's a useful feature.

2.) Same thing as 1. K is clunky, but I can somewhat see your point, because you should probably look at your god's abilities before you select them.

____

What I really want to see is an "on next level" thing for leveling skills. Right now, when you try out a new god, you have to take note of how each ability scales, and/or look it up pre-match, so you can't actually know. A big thing about learning gods is learning what maxing one skill over another one does, and if I can only get that from the out-of-game stats screen, it feels kind of lame.

CAPSLOCKFURY

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SithHunter » November 4, 2012 6:30pm | Report
I agree that you should know your chosen God prior to a match, the only problem is that I have yet to see a place in game that even mentions the existence of a passive ability for any God. That's the reason I brought it up as part of the HUD.

I agree that K is very clunky and while I agree with you to some extent Asmoday, when you're back at base healing or running back into the fray there's plenty of time to do a mouse over while you run. It is a convenience thing somewhat, but at the same time, it's exclusion is an oversight I think.

SithHunter

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Freakunix » November 7, 2012 9:52am | Report
Having always played with clans ans such, I think it would be nice to have this option (other than just having a clan within your name, which kinda prevents you to leave it or change)

Freakunix

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 7, 2012 7:08pm | Report
Freakunix wrote:

Having always played with clans ans such, I think it would be nice to have this option (other than just having a clan within your name, which kinda prevents you to leave it or change)

Ever hear of the 5 man teams option under solo queue?

*facepalm*

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Freakunix » November 8, 2012 7:35am | Report
Asmoday, of course I did, no need to be rude about it. I was more referring to clan tags, clan-specific chat (not friends only chat - cause obviously you can befriend people not in your clan)
It could also be interesting to have official leaderboards for clans in general.

Freakunix

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 8, 2012 8:31am | Report
Thats just not how MOBAs work. It isnt a "clan" or "guild" supported genre game type.

All of that is done on 3rd party sites, as its better that way anyhow for all the information needed.

No one was being rude, you were just not clear as to what you meant.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }