Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The community of Smite

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The community of Smite 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by flavonic » September 28, 2013 5:57pm | Report
I think for the most part, the community is actually quite good. It's a much quieter community than one would expect. However, we all know that ragers can be toxic in these sorts of competitive online games. I'm not saying there's anything that can really be done about it. But as Smite is still a much better moba community than most, the raging kids in the game can be pretty overwhelming at times.

So if you happen to make a mistake or not(in most cases), some jerk will obsessively blame every one of his/her subsequent deaths on you. I'm not made of paper. It doesn't rock me to my core. But what it does do, is instantly turn me off from the match. Either you begin to make mistakes because of all the commotion or you no longer cease to care if you win.

When I see someone else getting raged on, I try to stick up for them as much as I can. I mean, even if they made a mistake...big deal. No reason for vulgar insults. This is an unforgiving game. When you make a mistake, you often pay for it. And what kills me is even the best players die. And, when you die in this game..it's ultimately because you made a mistake or didn't calculate right.

Like I said, I'm not sure if anything can be done. It's just the way these sorts of games are I suppose. But that side of these games are definitely a turn off. Any out of the box ideas to improve the dark side of the community would be pleasant.

flavonic

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 28, 2013 6:07pm | Report
It's good in general, but there are definitely some toxic people in the community, especially on reddit, and even here. In general though, there's less than other communities. But there aren't that many people in this game compared to others yet - so that might contribute to it.

Worried about the future community. The Twitch channel chat is already horrific if you watch any streamers or tournaments.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by flavonic » September 28, 2013 6:10pm | Report
When you see someone carrying on like that in game or on the forums, you instantly think to yourself...just an annoying kid. It makes it alot easier to ignore them. Because they can't yet talk at the big boy table. But still, it's definitely a turn off. And, It never helps!

flavonic

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Misbelief » September 28, 2013 6:40pm | Report
I don't blame someone for "a mistake" but I'll make fun of people that feed. It's a competition so...talking **** is fun.

Misbelief

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KrispyKritter » September 28, 2013 6:45pm | Report
I for one think there is a lot to be done, and it is up to HighRez to do it. I have not lost hope that they will. For constructive ideas, see my posts in the general discussion section: The Noob Solution and The Queue of Tranquility. Feel free to contribute your ideas.

KrispyKritter

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » September 29, 2013 9:16am | Report
The key to enjoying one's community is to derive entertainment from people raging over trivial mistakes.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » September 29, 2013 9:19am | Report
I'll just put this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt9GwmOWoqo

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » September 29, 2013 9:22am | Report
Ha! 0:55 reminds me of a XBOX message I received a year or two ago, saying that he would kick my *** (in the loveliest grammar) if I killed him in-game one more time. I don't see the problem with it, really; I just go through life knowing that I'm not as pathetic as that, and it makes me happy.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }