Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The art of Gank

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The art of Gank 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ShinjiEvangelio » October 27, 2013 1:23am | Report
When I play jungle I usually don't gank the lanes that are pushed, especially during early game. It's pointless because towerdiving early doesn't end well and ganking at the enemy who is very close to tower is just a waste of time, it just can't be succesful (ofc assuming that enemy isn't a total noob). But when my teammate is pushing, that means that enemy jungler is in good position to gank. And if he is doing it right and my ally didn't ward himself (or he is not paying attention to the mini map because I always ward mid and solo lane when I'm jungling)then the gank is succesful. Of course after some deads my allies starts to complain about me, that I'm terrible jungler and I'm not ganking their lane...

The question is, Am I doing it wrong? Maybe I should change playstyle a little bit and start to gank even pushed lanes? How and when do You think jungler should gank?

ShinjiEvangelio

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 27, 2013 1:51am | Report
No, you are not wrong. If your lane is pushing, they should ward. It's a basic principle.

Of course, that depends on how powerful you are. If you are someone like Arachne who can pull a defender out of a tower, you might be able to see why your team is angry at how you can fix their problem but you do not.

But still, erring on the side of caution is rarely wrong.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ShinjiEvangelio » October 27, 2013 1:58am | Report
I've never played Arachne jungle. I know that Fenrir (that's my favourite jungler at the moment) can towerdive realy good with his ult but still if enemy is not low on health he will probably survive that even if You follow with brutalize... Of course it can be succesful if Your mid follows You but relying on Your partners to follow You during a gank in casual is just risky :P

ShinjiEvangelio

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerosaviour » October 27, 2013 11:42am | Report
I only jump if their near death. Talking red level here. Seeing that a lot of junglers have good tower dive Ults or abilities.

I know many may say that I'm pretty much kill stealing but on average I do it for gods who don't have a good tower dive ability or are really squishy.

But I'm not going to dive when the enemy is still in the yellow. Too much risk for very little reward.

Zerosaviour

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }