Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Tanks issue

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Tanks issue 12 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kripox » September 6, 2013 2:41pm | Report
Zerosaviour wrote:

Well, technically speaking, Vulcan is a tank due to him being a meat shield. Unlike other tanks who have good CC abilities; Vulcan relies on being able to push solo and set and forget dps pets. I've tower dove many times with Vulcan just to drop my gun turret to finish off a weak enemy; knowing full well I would be able to get back out alive. He would be a good tank if you already had a very heavy cc group though.

Herc is an excellent meat shield. Still wouldn't call him a tank.

Vulcan has very little CC. He has a slow that is very weak until upgraded, that's it. The only other threat he has is damage, and he is indeed much better built for damage than tankiness. He is almost in a god class entirely his own, that of a zoner. He cannot effectively initiate, peel, or take shots for his team. He is not exactly someone you want to lane with if you're a carry.

Kripox

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 6, 2013 8:29pm | Report
Yes tanks are necessary if your actually playing against a good team.

Their team = Has a tank which can distract and take damage so you cannot attack their damage dealers.

Your team = Has no one that is willing to be the distraction or take damage to save your team members.

Thats the advantage of having a tank. No need to make a big post.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }