Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

splattin kids

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » splattin kids 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by firedrop » October 31, 2012 6:48pm | Report
im lvl9 with 12 wins 4 losses usually going 20-0, 17-3, 8-0 every game. my 4 losses are from my teammates leaving, how is it at lvl30? are there still lots of bads? how is ranked? is it more of an even playing field?

firedrop

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 31, 2012 7:41pm | Report
Level doesnt matter past 6.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CAPSLOCKFURY » October 31, 2012 10:16pm | Report
Level actually does matter post-6.

Pre-6 you're in the novice queue and play with other novices. Post-6 normals, the game weights both your invisible rating as well as your level. (It attempts to balance the teams around level for sure though)

CAPSLOCKFURY

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 31, 2012 10:22pm | Report
CAPSLOCKFURY wrote:

Level actually does matter post-6.

Pre-6 you're in the novice queue and play with other novices. Post-6 normals, the game weights both your invisible rating as well as your level. (It attempts to balance the teams around level for sure though)

Not true at all, the hidden internal ELO yes, level no. Level really does not matter at all, you can be 30 and feed all day and thats all you do, or you can do that at level 6 and it will still put you with the same people. The level is only for the favor, and later on features that will be implemented that can not be talked about.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CAPSLOCKFURY » October 31, 2012 11:39pm | Report
Quoted:

Not true at all, the hidden internal ELO yes, level no. Level really does not matter at all, you can be 30 and feed all day and thats all you do, or you can do that at level 6 and it will still put you with the same people. The level is only for the favor, and later on features that will be implemented that can not be talked about.

I leveled up 3 smurf accounts to test their matchmaking. Level is MOST CERTAINLY taken into consideration. The matchmaker will attempt to put you with people near your rating AT YOUR LEVEL first. The longer the queue goes, the more exceptions it attempts to make. At 5 minutes, it gives up and just creates a match (HiRez have stated this).

When you have a low level account, look up the profiles of everyone you play against post-game. Generally, they'll be around your level if the queue was quick. If it wasn't, there will be more difference.

CAPSLOCKFURY

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » November 1, 2012 1:11am | Report
I would say on average I sit in 2 min queues and I have looked at profiles afterwards. I have seen from 6 to 30 many times, then shown elo from negative 1k to around 2.5k
From solo queueing ranked and not really caring about it I have gone to 1.7 in the few games I have played so that makes more sense of elo than level in my experience, the only thing I have to base that on.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }