Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Sorry but hes OP...don't say other wise.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Sorry but hes OP...don't say other wise. 53 posts - page 1 of 6
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 17, 2013 1:28am | Report
I'm sorry I used to say Hebo is op but he really is op... there is no ifs, ands or buts.
There is no debating it.

I don't care what you say he IS OP.

I stand by this, as I have literally been going like 10-2 with him and just ****ping on people.

I have the gem skin so for some reason it made me more pro with him lol, but seriously his 1 is op there is no way that you can convince me its not.

On half of the games I got breast plate of valor, cooldown boots, which lets me get a 1 second cooldown and under 6 second cooldown for all my skills besides the ult but I still get it on like a 50 sec cooldown. Of course I get penetration to make up for the boots if I decide to get cd instead of pen.

Either way he is op.

I swear to god that if someone tells me is not even slightly op you have to be smoking something.

I used to say hes op WHEN I NEVER PLAYED HIM, but now that I started playing him I AM 100000% positive he is op slightly. My friend started playing smite, I been teaching him how to play and when I pick HEBRO my friend says "oh **** hes picking his OP god!"
Because I been going like 1-2 alot of matches with him.

How op is this, I was fighting 3 people and I was literally taking them all on WITH HEBOs so called squishy ***.

I build some defense with cd on him and he can obliterate kids with ease.

People saying he is not even slightly op is stupid.

Lets see how fair this is.

1 second cooldown, I use my 1 which takes more than half your hp away, I use my 3 then I use my 1 again OH **** YOUR DEAD, or you alive? Okay I still have an ult? Oh your still living? Well dont worry I can spam my 1 again then have my 3 right back up and my 1 will be back up after that!

He is op and that passive makes it non debatable along with scaling/damage on his 1.

Its not fiction I have been playing him and he is OP I CAN SEE IT AND FEEL IT.

And at the end of the match people have called me NUB for picking OP HEBO.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » August 17, 2013 1:32am | Report
I believe the only thing keeping him in check is how up close he needs to be to deal some serious damage. He is definitely on the stronger side though.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » August 17, 2013 1:38am | Report
What if I say yes he is?

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 17, 2013 1:43am | Report
He Bo is easily one of the best scaling gods in to late game, but he has 4 main faults that are easy to take advantage of if the enemy knows what they're doing

1) He needs to continually cast spells to keep his passive up, making it very possible to wait on him to waste one
2) He is extremely short range save his Water Spout, which is very detrimental combined with
3) He is a very very squishy mage that can die exceptionally easy (Thor's berserker barrage with very few items is enough to 100-0 him, not counting Hammer/Ult)
and 4) He has no escape. His 2 is a sad excuse for it, and it's very common to have to use ult.

This, in total, means he has to get ridiculously close to do damage, and it's very easy to focus him when he does. One CC and he's dead - be that a coccoon, thor wall, or more.

Yes, if you are solely comparing damage, he is overpowered - he has, basically, a free Rod of Tahuti passive. However, his squishiness and close rangeness makes it easy to take advantage of him, especially with assassins like Fenrir or Loki.

Just my two cents.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 17, 2013 2:18am | Report
He Bo.

like raventhor said he has to get close to do real damage.

he doesn't have a to great escape.

he also will run out of mana if he is mid. he will try to poke you down and wait for your first mistake to whale on you. play passive and you likly won't die in the first 2 minutes but if you go as aggresive as the He Bo you will be dead. i don't care who you are playing your dead.

He Bo unlike other mages has to get incredibly close to kill. i call it honor combat because unlike other mages who have just as much damage just but less instant burst He Bo has to actually fight and win instead of i trow fish, meteors, lazers etc. at you from tower and now you die.

this is what makes He Bo great in my opinion. he needs that huge burst damage, he needs that 3 second cooldown and that satisfing ultimate.

he needs those just because to him it is kill or be killed.

you are very squishy. you have to get close to do real damage. 1v1 this mages needs his power then when he gets a few kills he can survive and kill ganks as well as decide a team fight.

that is something a lot of mages can. they do it less fast but from 100 km away. mean while He Bo is in there fighting for life, justice, honor, respect and humilety.

read his lore. his job is to teach his enemies not to f*** with him but he gives you a chance to fight back and duals at ecuall range.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iRoxbro » August 17, 2013 5:00am | Report
guys, he bo is OP...it takes no effort to kill with him. If you have gem, his river slows you so much you really don't stand a chance to escape. If he builds just one item which gives you protection, he'll become a bit tanky and his dmg would still be freaking OP. His ulti can screw the whole team and It's almost impossible to dodge it.

I used to play he bo a lot and I can tell that I don't agree with anyone's post here. I always build one protection item into my he bo and seriously, they don't stand a chance vs he bo then, they always feed me.

And it's not true, you don't need to get close to your enemy to kill. You have extremely annoying and OP waterspout and that river, not to talk about his ulti. His only low ranged skills is water cannon and anyone who knows how to play with he bo won't get 2 close just to use his water cannon and even if you do this, you can easily just run away with your river or splash them with your waterspout. When he bo is getting close to his enemy, we can assume that he has his ulti ready or he's just fed enough to kill with 2 hits and survive ganks.

He bo is OP god, same as Tyr and those who defend he bo so much are probably guys who play he bo a lot and are afraid of him getting nerfed, that's reality.

iRoxbro

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 17, 2013 5:33am | Report
iRoxbro wrote:

guys, he bo is OP...it takes no effort to kill with him. If you have gem, his river slows you so much you really don't stand a chance to escape. If he builds just one item which gives you protection, he'll become a bit tanky and his dmg would still be freaking OP. His ulti can screw the whole team and It's almost impossible to dodge it.

I used to play he bo a lot and I can tell that I don't agree with anyone's post here. I always build one protection item into my he bo and seriously, they don't stand a chance vs he bo then, they always feed me.

And it's not true, you don't need to get close to your enemy to kill. You have extremely annoying and OP waterspout and that river, not to talk about his ulti. His only low ranged skills is water cannon and anyone who knows how to play with he bo won't get 2 close just to use his water cannon and even if you do this, you can easily just run away with your river or splash them with your waterspout. When he bo is getting close to his enemy, we can assume that he has his ulti ready or he's just fed enough to kill with 2 hits and survive ganks.

He bo is OP god, same as Tyr and those who defend he bo so much are probably guys who play he bo a lot and are afraid of him getting nerfed, that's reality.

gem does not affect his river. water spout is a small poke knock up AOE and there are a lot better pokes then it.

you do have to get close to kill and if they just try to poke kill you well his 3 has a delay and its pretty damm obvious when a He Bo will use it.

i can doghe almost all Waterspout pokes from any He Bo i have ever faced.

He Bo just like Agni is punishable when they try to kill the first and second wave the difference is that Agni has a dash but has to come very close and He Bo has to come less close but has to spend more mana to kill the full wave, he has to get none the less.

every god has stregnth's and weaknesses and hard counter's.

He Bo is at a disadvantage against Poseidon, Ra, mr. wiggelz ( Ao Kuang ) or any other mage who has a abilitie who can take minions out from a distence. if they just play passive till they have an ult and then its just waiting till the jungler ganks. did some one order a puddle of He Bo.

against an He Bo dodge his 3 wait till he is mana straved and play passive then when the jungler ganks attack.

no god is neccecerely OP as long as you figure out how and when they attack and then work on a counter strategy. you try thinking of couters before you call you OP. even with gods who have to put them selfs in harms way you can counter hebo.

EDIT: yes i am scarred they will nerf He Bo but not of the possible nerf. i am afraid that because of people who call out OP because they don't think enough about it before they scream OP which is a pretty damm easy thing.
im afraid that because of you that they will nerf him into the ground or nerf him in the wrong places.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » August 17, 2013 5:54am | Report
All4Games wrote:

gem does not affect his river. water spout is a small poke knock up AOE and there are a lot better pokes then it.

you do have to get close to kill and if they just try to poke kill you well his 3 has a delay and its pretty damm obvious when a He Bo will use it.

i can doghe almost all Waterspout pokes from any He Bo i have ever faced.

He Bo just like Agni is punishable when they try to kill the first and second wave the difference is that Agni has a dash but has to come very close and He Bo has to come less close but has to spend more mana to kill the full wave, he has to get none the less.

every god has stregnth's and weaknesses and hard counter's.

He Bo is at a disadvantage against Poseidon, Ra, mr. wiggelz ( Ao Kuang ) or any other mage who has a abilitie who can take minions out from a distence. if they just play passive till they have an ult and then its just waiting till the jungler ganks. did some one order a puddle of He Bo.

against an He Bo dodge his 3 wait till he is mana straved and play passive then when the jungler ganks attack.

no god is neccecerely OP as long as you figure out how and when they attack and then work on a counter strategy. you try thinking of couters before you call you OP. even with gods who have to put them selfs in harms way you can counter hebo.

EDIT: yes i am scarred they will nerf He Bo but not of the possible nerf. i am afraid that because of people who call out OP because they don't think enough about it before they scream OP which is a pretty damm easy thing.
im afraid that because of you that they will nerf him into the ground or nerf him in the wrong places.
-icen

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ArlanKels » August 17, 2013 5:59am | Report
The only thing I dislike about Hebo is the speed on his knock-up ability. If he's good at aiming then it means you're knocked up before you can do anything to him. Even if you see the knockup coming in his animation it's too late, you're already in the air because holy god that thing is fast.

I went 1v1 against a HeBo in Joust(First time for me, 22nd time for him yaaay) and any time I attempted to engage on him he'd knock me up and back off. The knockup did pretty good damage and consistently gave him time to back up and wait for a better time to engage. When he opted to engage he'd simply step into range, knock me up and then I'd be dead due to his huge burst.

Basically I dislike the fact that it feels like there is no counterplay against HeBo. A slight(.25-.5 second) increase to time prior to knockup on HeBo would help make it so that more observant players could anticipate it coming and attempt to avoid it.

ArlanKels

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » August 17, 2013 6:02am | Report
He Bo is not op, nuff said. He becomes a beast when fed, but no OP. As you know, Loki can kill him with ease, and many other assassins/bruisers can do the same thing. Waterspout is easy to avoid, Water Cannon is the only problem I see( high damage and low cooldown), and his Ultimate is way fine( very easy to miss, puts him in danger, but deals tons of damage). His 2 is also fine for a Mage.

Just learn how to counter him. He Bo runs out of mana easily, he is combo reliant, almost a melee mage, and is very squishy.

Tl;dr: Not OP at all.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }