Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite music video: Nerfed it to the ground

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Smite music video: Nerfed it to the ground 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » December 10, 2013 10:22am | Report
This idea hit me when I was sleeping, I just thought it would be funny to make a smite music video, a parody of The Lonely Island's "Threw it on the ground".

For those of you unaware, in Threw it on the Ground, Samberg talks about throwing various things to the ground.

In this video, an employee/s at Hi-Rez will talk about nerfing various gods, especially when it is a big nerf (Release Guan).

Just like in Threw it on the Ground, the explanation for WHY the worker at Hi-Rez nerfed the god will get progressively shorter as he moves throughout the song, starting with a multiple line explanation with the first nerf and ending with maybe a few words with the last nerf.

Sample Verse from "Threw it on the ground":
"I was walkin' through the city streets, and a man walks up to me and hands me the latest energy drink. Run Faster! Jump Higher! Man, I'm not gonna let you poison me! I threw it on the ground! You must thing, I'm a joke. I ain't gonna be part of your system! Man! Pump that garbage in another man's face!"

So, as you can see, obviously the text before the bolded part would be replaced with talking about the god and how he was being totally "overpowered". The bolded part would be replaced with something along the lines of, "I nerfed him to the ground!" The text after the bolded part would be replaced with an explanation of why, although, it doesn't necessarily have to be serious (it is a joke, after all).

Well, what do you say? Obviously its a silly idea, but I thought it would be cool to share it.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » December 10, 2013 11:41am | Report
Fun idea. But you would need footage of the once OP gods, and a proper display of why they were OP too. T'is not an easy task to gather that now. Also considering you want your video to have continuity, and not a constant switch of video quality per clip. :-p

But yea, I support the idea!:2
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }