Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite and jungling: questions from a LOL player

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Smite and jungling: questions from a LOL player 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Margalus » January 31, 2013 6:35am | Report
Hi there!

First of all let me introduce myself quick: i'm Margalus, i play LOL since months and Dota2 since less than two(enjoying it a lot more than LOL actually).
I've tried Smite and i've been loving it(except for some stupid op gods like He-Bo who can bi-shot everyone or Wukong that kinda dives and does quadra alone under the turrets, but np).

Since my main role in LOL is jungling one of my first thoughts was: how does jungle Smite work(if it has one)? I first studied the camps on this map:

Then i've watched this video:

Then i jumped into my first game saying i was jungling, did the first camp exactly how the guy in the video did and..guess what?

No health regen camp

!

It still worked, i mean i moved to the health one then the cdr and then speed, then i had to recall and started with my first ganks but i was undereleveled the whole first part of the game, even though every time i ganked i got at least one assist or one kill.

So my question is: why did they remove health regen buff? Is the jungler role still viable? Any other tips or guides to be a better jungler and keep playing the role enjoying it?

P.s. every YouTube or forum guide i searched was outdated and i'd really love to get into jungling to provide the community with some better content from the future experience i'll have, being a jungler is basically my nature :)

Margalus

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » January 31, 2013 8:08am | Report
I have played some LoL so I know that Jungler is an actual role there but in Smite there is no such thing because no matter how well you jungle and gank you will fall behind in levels. Jungle buffs in Smite are meant to dip in and out for extra exp and buffs but staying there the whole time is impossible and yes pretty much all guides are outdated. Also HP regen camp was giving way too huge advantage to the right lane tanks were unkillable early game and so where most carries thus it was removed along with yellow defense buff. The closest you can come to a jungler right now is simply playing an AD carry and starting to gank mid after you reach level five all the while taking buff then ever you can also you could try getting Hand of the Gods to help you with buff camps.... The best gods for that would be Kali (you can easily mid as her) Wukong Bakasura Bastet and Loki (arachne is okey too just falls off hard late game).

P.S. He Bo is only op if you feed him and get 0 MR

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Margalus » January 31, 2013 9:47am | Report
When did they remove the health regen buff? Cause i've played a game with an Arachne jungler last week and the guy kept ganking, scoring double-kills most of the time and clearing the jungle being able to stay at the correct level(or even above) and basically carried the game himself, entirely in the jungle.

About He-Bo..well i found him both in Conquest as a carry Artemis where i'm not supposed to build MR first and he killed me in two hits from the start of the game almost and also in Domination where he's just even stronger.

Margalus

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » January 31, 2013 11:16am | Report
They removed it like a couple of months back.
Well I played plenty of games as a tank where I carried the team.... The problem is that in Smite the skill gap between the high level players and just average randies is so huge that in public games you can play any god and build him almost any way you like and you can still dominate but that doesn't mean that that build/god strategy is viable in higher levels of play
you mentioned that arachne jungled and ganked a lot well if you were playing with people that know how to play 1)Both sides would be warded making it very unlikely for her to ganks to work (mias would be called too) (2)If she stayed in jungle the whole time her lane partner would get stomped and she would loose both towers very fast and after that the two people from her lane could just go on a hunt for her :p.

Well that simply is not true Artemis has 450 HP at level 1 He Bo does 90 base damage with his water cannon even if he used it twice on you and had Bancroft's Talon rank2 which would give extra 54 damage (just for this I will calculate as if he was doing true damage) that would do
144 on first shot and 146.7 on the second which would not be enough to kill you and getting MR as 4th+ item is a very good idea if the enemy team has strong AP gods.

P.S. If you are playing with a tank in your lane he bo should have a very hard time getting in range to use his 1 on artemis I used it as an example because it does most damage from rank 1

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nightmare1985 » January 31, 2013 5:26pm | Report
I played Smite from the early closed Beta phase and played some LOL also. You gotta understand that jungler in smite and jungler in lol difference themselves a lot.
Jungler in Smite isnt a role that is worked out in total. They tried to copy some XP camps of Furries like Lol has those wolves for example. But Hi rez needs to do more work on that subject. Claiming the entire jungle and not fall back in levels plus killing and not get killed demands some master practise and extremely good coordination with team mates. Its not impossible to be done but its extremely difficult.
And as for Hebo and Wu kong they are far from OP. Any god is OP if hes fed or his summoner plays him real good. He bo can get really nasty cuz he literally spams those water spells but if he gets ganked in the right place at the right time hes done. Hither he clicks his ult to escape or burried on the spot. Wu kong isnt bad but his game wastly depends on his partner. Hes AD, low health, bad defence. If you dont build some sustainability you will not spend much on the lane and less chance you will do quadra. In other words you will get nailed and raped. Some of Wu Kong lovers will tell you they like to play in pair with Guan Yu... think about why is that? ;)
Anyway thats from me hope I solved some of your dillemas :) HF playing SMITE

nightmare1985

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Margalus » January 31, 2013 5:45pm | Report
Okey thanks guys :) ! So basically there's no jungler role in Smite as i'm used to

Margalus

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » February 1, 2013 2:28am | Report
Yes but with the addition of EXP Camps I'm wondering if they are trying to make jungler a viable role in Smite which is entirely possible and if you need a little bit of that LoL feel in Smite just play Loki lvl up to 5 in lane and gank non stop (you can pretend he is Shaco :DD ) and if you have any more questions even if they are along the lines : I think this god is OP.. feel free to pm me or just make a new thread ;)

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » February 1, 2013 6:50pm | Report

I played Smite from the early closed Beta phase and played some LOL also. You gotta understand that jungler in smite and jungler in lol difference themselves a lot.
Jungler in Smite isnt a role that is worked out in total. They tried to copy some XP camps of Furries like Lol has those wolves for example. But Hi rez needs to do more work on that subject.

Margalus wrote:
Okey thanks guys :) ! So basically there's no jungler role in Smite as i'm used to

I'll reply to both of these at once.

There is no "jungler" in Smite because the game mechanic is different. HiRez needing to do more work on the jungle is saying that you want it to be more like LoL. Ever jungle in DOTA? Completely different as well.

Jungling in Smite, as others have said, is more of a balance. The buffs are extremely powerful, and you really need to jungle (as a team) or will be at a serious disadvantage. It's more like 1. jungle a camp at the game onset, 2. go lane for 5+ levels, 3. hit up another jungle camp (or break off for a camp after a few minutes into the game if your god(s) can handle it), 4. go back to the lane.

I like hitting up jungle camps on the way somewhere if time allows. It's all about the time in the jungle vs what's going on in the lanes, similar to LoL. However if you go after more than 1 jungle camp before returning to your lane it could mean disastrous results for your team.

Claiming the entire jungle and not fall back in levels plus killing and not get killed demands some master practise and extremely good coordination with team mates. Its not impossible to be done but its extremely difficult.

This is extremely true, but if you communicate with your team even more players in pugs will assist you in breaking off from the lane to help you with a jungle camp or hold down the lane while you jungle. That is why, similar to other mobas, that it is beneficial to have one god in the lane who can either clear minions waves verrrrry fast or be tanky enough to hold off 2 enemy gods by themselves.

As far as He Bo and such, don't be discouraged. It's almost all about player skill and practice / experience. If a particular god is decimating you it's probably because they enemy player knows what they're doing and is exploiting then strengths of their god and the weaknesses of yours (and your team). Just pick a god or two and get good with them, soon you will become familiar with the skills and different tactics of other gods and will be better suited to counter them.

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » February 1, 2013 6:53pm | Report
Also, if you /want/ to jungle then just play gods which are more suited to clearing camps quickly. Most non-tank / non-support gods are pretty good at clearing camps. A few notables:

Sun Wukong
Arachne
Bastet
Bakasura
Loki
Thor
Vulcan (he is a tank, but wrecks camps by level 5)
Anubis
Ao (even though you won't be in the jungle all that much with him)

The list goes on but these gods are all great at jungling (as opposed to them being junglers ^^).

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thanax » February 14, 2013 10:29am | Report
Want a tip? Check this guide out for some more info on actual jungling with Bakasura specifically.

Bakasura - Eating the Competition

I mean sure it's referencing it to me but the top rated bakasura guide currently is like almost a year old, and it sucks donkey balls. It hasn't been updated, and the streamer made 20+ fake accounts in order to upvote it. It's comprehensive, updated, and I constantly keep it in the flow. I don't sit there and say do stupid ****, however a good tip for jungling if you wanna commit to it is getting Mark of the Vanguard, Creeping Curse, Hand of the Gods, and 3Healthpots/2Manapots. That's my jungle Odin build, the Mark of the Vanguard is OP.
Check out my guide on Bakasura,

Bakasura, Eating the Competition

Here's my BBCode General post:

BBCode General

Thanax

Memorable (10)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }