Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Role Needing God, and Worst/Best God in Role (Poll+Discussion)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Role Needing God, and Worst/Best God in Role (Poll+Discussion) 43 posts - page 5 of 5

Poll Question:

What Role needs a New God?
Carry (Physical, Ranged Carry)
Mage
Assassin
Bruiser
Tank (Magical)
Tank (Physical)
Support (Non-Tank)
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kripox » September 12, 2013 3:50pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

Eh, I didn't use any damage item on Vulcan in arena and I still kill some people

I have killed people with Sobek without damage items too. Doesn't mean the damage is amazing anyway.

Using Boatmurdered's build I have had Arena games with Vulcan where I have completely dominated the player damage stats, even in those cases I didn't get nearly as many kills as the top killer, while simultaneously keeping myself alive with little problem. Done the same in Conquest as well. In my eyes this makes much more sense as damage is really the only thing Vulcan has, and without damage you are just a tanky yet fairly harmless dude the enemy can largely ignore until your team is dead.

They can't do that if your turrets are actually capable of murdering them quickly and efficiently.

Kripox

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 13, 2013 1:57am | Report
When i see a vulcan who builds damage and i am jungling i say yeah free kill.

Its all he is then a free kill, yes you turrets will shoot for about 130 which is ranged carry with 2 items damage but you will die faster then chronos moves.

Your turrets usually focus minions, they only shoot in cone unless you ult and they have almost no range.

Mean while you ar getting torn a part by assassins and other mages. Your turrets and you do better going tanky and having sash, rod and etereal staff.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kripox » September 13, 2013 3:15am | Report
When I am solo Vulcan and get ganked by the jungler I laugh as he wastes his time. Not always, of course, but most of the time I can get out fairly easily. I run sash, ethereal staff and focused voidstone as my defensive items and I rarely get bursted down unless the enemy is fed or I put myself in a very dangerous situation. I find Vulcan to be tanky enough for the role I need to fill, which really is zoning rather than tanking or bursting people down. If I go too defensive even Loki won't have an issue diving right past my turrets and killing someone. I just don't have any good experiences with tanky Vulcan.

Kripox

Memorable (10)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }