Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Removing the time counter + deserter for non-accepter + weak bladder = WTF!?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Removing the time counter + deserter for non-accepter + weak bladder = WTF!? 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fat2Mad » March 1, 2013 7:49am | Report
I pretty sure Hi Rez has a lot brillant heads, but the one who had this is definitly not among these brillant heads.

Yesterday I deserted two times and was blocked for an hour, because I went for a piss after the game hasn't been started for minutes! Effectivly I had time for 2 matches in the evening and found myself playing Hotline Miami instead.

So, this was a brilliant idea if they wanted their player play other games!

What do you thing about being unaware of the remaining time before start?

Fat2Mad

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 1, 2013 8:04am | Report
They readers the time counter again
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » March 1, 2013 8:32am | Report
well they put back the old timers

let me explain why they removed the timers

with the timers you have a certain amount of people who need to be matched with each other.
this means there can only be a certain amount of skill balance.

without the timer the game would start when the server had found 10 people of the same skill level.

while the timers are great for knowing when a game is going to start it actually has more down sides from a "fun game" POV.

and besides why didn't you leave the queue if you needed to go to the bathroom? 0.o
you said it yourself. it didn't work with a timer so who knows if you had to wait longer if you queued after the bathroom brake.

and yes there was a bug with deserter status. It's in beta, deal with it.
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fat2Mad » March 6, 2013 2:41am | Report

let me explain why they removed the timers

with the timers you have a certain amount of people who need to be matched with each other.
this means there can only be a certain amount of skill balance.

without the timer the game would start when the server had found 10 people of the same skill level.

while the timers are great for knowing when a game is going to start it actually has more down sides from a "fun game" POV.

and besides why didn't you leave the queue if you needed to go to the bathroom? 0.o
you said it yourself. it didn't work with a timer so who knows if you had to wait longer if you queued after the bathroom brake.

and yes there was a bug with deserter status. It's in beta, deal with it.
[/quote]
it wasn't up to me. I played in a group of 5 players. I said I go to the bathroom, but they didn't leave the quenue because they don't want to wait so long (which they did in the end. But never argue with an idiot...). They are just part of a impatient generation. For my part, I still know what it's like to wait for a homepage to be loaded.

Fat2Mad

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }