Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ranged Attack

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Ranged Attack 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by klanwarayparxw » October 13, 2012 4:40am | Report
Everytime I play a ranged ad god I totally fail because I cant land my basic attacks 50-60% of my attacks miss. CAn someone plz tell me a way to train in basic attacks. :)

klanwarayparxw

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by StingEnergy » October 13, 2012 5:04am | Report
Try to predict where they`re coming or just wait for someone to stun or root :)

StingEnergy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 13, 2012 8:01am | Report
As Sting said, you have to predict where they are going and shoot where they will be.

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DJMantiss » October 19, 2012 1:07pm | Report
The MOST IMPORTANT (notice the caps?) thing for ranged is to ensure your blue arrow of easy-mode is enabled. You'll find this under options and this shows you the exact range of your attacks and where they will go.

That allows you to predict and lead targets. You can also force newer folks into situations where they can't dodge or zone them for fear of being hit by auto attacks during the early game.

DJMantiss

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » September 6, 2013 11:05am | Report
What if the blue arrow doesn't seem enough? What if we want something like R3DBARON's version of the arrow?

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 6, 2013 11:06am | Report
Talenhiem wrote:

What if the blue arrow doesn't seem enough? What if we want something like R3DBARON's version of the arrow?

you may want to look at the date of the last post before you comment. right now you are necroing a tread.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 6, 2013 8:36pm | Report
Distance + Time + Prediction = How to aim.

This means that every basic attack is different in how you aim.

Example A : Distance = Far, that means the time for your attack to reach them will be longer, which in turn means you need to lead the attack even further ahead of where you predict they will be.

Example B: Distance = Close, the time for your basic attack to reach them will be almost instant with a short delay, which in turn means you barely have to lead the attack you can simply aim at them.

Certain gods also have faster attack speeds, I'm not sure if the actually animation of the attack comes out faster with some gods or not meaning I don't know if the projectile speed comes out any different.

Some people are just better at timing ect.

But I would say instead of predicting where they will go to FORCE THEM TO RUN INTO YOUR ATTACKS.
Example : if you are anhur place shifting sands to the left of them then they will move right.
Of course if they are dumb enough to walk into your sands its easier hits anyways.

Example : Artemis has 3 traps to the left then obviously they will be on the right side so there is no point of aiming to the left because even if they get in the trap you will have time to hit them.

BIG TIP :

When people circle you do not run around and try to hit them, instead stand still and just turn.
Of course if they are using skills then move.

You can predict where they will be but its also good to force them to move into your attacks.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }