Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Quitting and Bad Players

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Quitting and Bad Players 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lrv7795 » July 28, 2013 9:43pm | Report
I am here to ask the community what it thinks about this issue.

Recently, almost every games has a player leave halfway through. Most of the time it's due to connection issues, but why is this? Why is Smite so demanding of a game that players get kicked off so much?

Another issue I have been seeing a lot of is bad/inexperienced players. There seems to be about one or two good players, a few decent players, and one or two REALLY bad players every game. Conquest feels like a game of carrying the team's worst player to victory, which isn't always that easy to do. Is the matchmaking really so broken that inexperienced players end up getting in queues they shouldn't be in every game?

Let me know what you guys think.

Lrv7795

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 28, 2013 9:52pm | Report
Are you playing casual? If so, yes there will be many inexperienced. As for AFK's, it happens in every MOBA game, to be honest. In games like World of Warcraft or Call of Duty, these people can be replaced. But in games like this, where you need to re-acquire items and levels each game, it's obviously more noticeable.

Best way to fix it is to be the helpful person in the community. Don't scream at the bad people, help them be better. There's no other 'solution' to such a universal problem.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lrv7795 » July 28, 2013 11:12pm | Report
I agree, but isn't the point of matchmaking to pair similarly skilled players? Why are there very inexperienced players playing with level 30's?

As for the AFK statement, this does not happen as often as people getting kicked off the game due to low connection. I do not see this many connectivity issues in other games.

Lrv7795

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 28, 2013 11:28pm | Report
Lrv7795 wrote:

I agree, but isn't the point of matchmaking to pair similarly skilled players? Why are there very inexperienced players playing with level 30's?

As for the AFK statement, this does not happen as often as people getting kicked off the game due to low connection. I do not see this many connectivity issues in other games.

Because there's no TrueSkill rating for people who haven't played ranked, there's no matchmaking rating for many people. And if you force low levels to only queue with low levels, they will never get better, because they'll be rising in level together and never face the experienced players to learn at low levels. Smurf accounts would also yield people restarting accounts just to DESTROY low level players, ruining the game.
And DC's may not happen due to smite. It may be people literally just quitting the game - closing smite itself. But it's happened in tournements too so not *all* dc's are quitters.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 29, 2013 12:40am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Are you playing casual? If so, yes there will be many inexperienced. As for AFK's, it happens in every MOBA game, to be honest. In games like World of Warcraft or Call of Duty, these people can be replaced. But in games like this, where you need to re-acquire items and levels each game, it's obviously more noticeable.

Best way to fix it is to be the helpful person in the community. Don't scream at the bad people, help them be better. There's no other 'solution' to such a universal problem.

If anyone here has every played Awesomenauts, they fix the leavers problem, you can hop in a already going game, with the average level and money needed. It's quit nice. Plus awesomenauts is pretty fun. Just want to throw that out there.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerosaviour » July 29, 2013 1:26pm | Report
I was in a domination game that literally when it started one of our guys says: 'Um sorry guys but I need to go.' He then DC'ed and we were stuck as a 4 man team.

I usually give most people the benefit of a doubt when they DC unless they are whining a lot before hand. Usually that means a rage quit.

Zerosaviour

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lrv7795 » July 29, 2013 11:27pm | Report
I would just like to see some sort of ranking system for casual matchmaking. I know games like Battlefield pair you up with people close to your rank. If this is already present in Smite, then it is certainly broken. I joined a game once and someone asked what level everyone was. I said I was level 30, and he said "holy ****, you're level 30? I'm only 12." If I'm level 30, I don't want to have level 12's on my team. Low levels should play with low levels until they level up and gradually gain experience and skill. That is the whole point of matchmaking and player level, in my opinion.

Not to say I'm the best player ever, but I often feel as if it is my responsibility to carry the team. If a low level on my team is 0-7, my 7-0 just cancels him/her out. I believe that everyone has to learn how to play from somewhere, but getting slaughtered by higher leveled players is not how people should learn how to play.

Lrv7795

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 1, 2013 3:52am | Report
Yea sometimes I see level 20's in my matches and I been level 30 for a long time so I'm like wtf why are these nubs in here?

But sometimes some of the lower level players like level 20 end up being way better than the level 30's on our teams so I just get confused and laugh.

Don't argue with people, the best way to argue is to be very very nice to them.

It pisses them off worst then being mean because they ain't making you mad so they feel unaccomplished if you ain't seeming upset over them.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by potaja » August 23, 2013 9:56pm | Report
Hi, I write in reply to this post because I am very worried about the Smite community going the LOL way. I am level 10 and playing a match trying a new god. I am down to 4 kills and 4 deaths. So this guy who has 3 kills and 3 deaths calls me a noob and then proceeds to report me for bad play. This is the kind of people who are creeping in. So when you say what is wrong with the standard of player, I want to say that for a casual game, one should not be so uptight. Its a free game which mean anyone and all kinds of players can play and they have as much of a right as you do! Smite needs a parallel pro league for people who play Smite the whole day or consider themselves pro. Or they should put up a sign "Casual gamer keep out!"

potaja

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KameronEX » August 31, 2013 7:58am | Report
Well i'm lvl 26 Ares usually in arena and I own all lvl 30 players I think that they should make tabs for 1-10, 10-20, and 20-30 lvl players so that noobs don't get killed and stop playing smite.
im the boss

KameronEX

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }