Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Possibility of the Manticore

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Possibility of the Manticore 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » April 7, 2013 7:57pm | Report
So what do you all think of him/her. What if he/she was possibly used as a "filler" god when planning on a big update? Just general thoughts about what the Manticore might play a role in the future. As noticed, one of the former buffs when Smite was in development is now used as Poseidon's ultimate. Could the manticore be a filler god to be placed in when Hirez decides to plan four weeks for a huge update or what? Possible thoughts about him is welcome to be discussed.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » April 7, 2013 8:21pm | Report
Well, I heard some Manticore data showed up in the client with one of the more recent patches. What HiRez actually plans to do with the Manticore is anybody's guess at this point though. I would like to see it as a playable character, but somehow I'm under the impression it's not very likely, considering the other gods that appear to be in line at the moment.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » April 9, 2013 9:42am | Report
I'm questioning what he/she/it would be like kit-wise, if they chose to change from its original kit which was designed for killing minions rather than fight an enemy God.

Plus, as a playable God he just doesn't seem right to me... I know that Ao Kuang isn't humanoid but even still he seems more human than the Manticore would.

I would like to see him revived, certainly, but he would need a new kit and maybe not float...

Also, remember that the Manticore is from Persian mythology, so if he were added, unless they chose to change things up, they would need to make another Pantheon.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » April 9, 2013 1:55pm | Report
I miss the manti
that man eating cheater was so much fun to drink with :c
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }