Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Poseidon needs work.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Poseidon needs work. 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » March 1, 2013 11:45am | Report
Poseidon is a great God, and I love playing him. However, he is the first God where I can say that the damage he deals is not enough. There are a few changes that I think will make him an even better God while not overpowering him:

Tidal Surge: The damage should be increased from 80/120/160/200/240 to 100/150/200/250/300. It does only hit once or twice, after all. Ra's Celestial Beam can hit up to 4-5 times.

Whirlpool: The damage should go from 10/15/20/25/30 to 20/30/40/50/60, since it only lasts for 3 seconds and does little to NO damage.

Release The Kraken!: The damage of the outer ring should go from 100/140/180/220/260 with 30% Magical Power Contribution to 140/180/220/260/300 with 40% Magical Power Contribution, with the center staying as is. The outer ring simply does little damage as it is.

If this happened, then I think Poseidon would be much better off than he is now.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by loopyman » March 1, 2013 12:00pm | Report
i completely disagree i think he does enough dmg but his whirlpool does need a stronger pull thats about it

loopyman

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ElGrizz » March 1, 2013 12:11pm | Report
I agree it needs a stronger pull, it's almost non-existant. Even Anhur's Shifting Sands has a stronger pull/slow.

Add me to Smite! IGN: ElGrizz

Hit that +Rep, I can tell you want to...

A Fetus?! Mother of God!

ElGrizz

Prominent (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » March 1, 2013 12:21pm | Report
His Whirlpool does need a stronger pull, yes. At the same time, it does no damage, and only uses 10% of Poseidon's Magical Power as additional damage. That means that at most, it would do about 120 damage every .5 sec for 3 sec, which is only possible if Poseidon has 900 Magical Power. It has the potential to do a lot of damage, certainly, but it could be much better. With the damage I suggested, it would do that much damage with 600 Magical Power, which the average Magic Power an AP has is 550-750. It would be much more beneficial, especially if the pull is made much more difficult to resist.

I just don't see as much damage potential from him as I do with other AP Gods.

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by loopyman » March 1, 2013 12:53pm | Report
it still does 480 dmg with average of 500 magic power
his 1 doing 580 dmg and his ult doing 640 center 390 outside add in a polynomicon his 2 and his passive which adds another 150 to an ability thats lot of potential power

loopyman

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » March 1, 2013 1:09pm | Report
well it's clear he needs a change/buff
his 1 travels way too slow
enemies have to much time to dodge. dps wise its okay

his 2 Is freaking sweet 0.o dat shotgun effect
demo grip and polinomicon FTW

his 3 is useless, needs a stronger pull or an added slow or something :/

his ult is in an okay position.

and I think his passive is broken
you don't get the speed so I think the damage increase is broken as well
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by loopyman » March 1, 2013 1:12pm | Report
if the 1 traveled at the same speed as celestial beam it would be ok

loopyman

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » March 1, 2013 8:45pm | Report
Whirlpool got buffed. My face is happy.

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » March 2, 2013 1:48am | Report
I have been playing him more, but he doesnt have the damage output compared to other APs midgame. His burst is decent, with his ult and 1, but his 3 does nothing. They should have increased the pull strength instead of the damage it does imo.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » March 2, 2013 2:21am | Report
I agree, he doesn't have the damage output that the other AP's have, which is why I started this thread. I'm really happy about the damage increase, and if they increased the pull on Whirlpool severely and maybe increased the speed of Tidal Surge, I'd be content. I'd still like to see the outer ring of his Ultimate do more damage, though. It does nothing, although the center just wrecks.

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }