Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Playing Smite offline?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Playing Smite offline? 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » September 18, 2013 12:20am | Report
Is it possible to run it offline. Like say just to play practice mode alone?
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Emnity » September 18, 2013 5:37am | Report
Nope. Most data the game uses is server side, so you need s server, so no offline mode.

Emnity

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ukiddingright » January 29, 2014 9:14am | Report
Actually this could be done. See the game actually check if you can ping the server or not like every 1 minutes.

If you launch a game with bots, and shut off your connection when the game start you'll be able to play and kill stuff just fine with bots running and working perfectly fine.

Problem ? Yes. The game tries to ping the server, and if there's no response after a minute it brings you back to the main screen.

Solution ? Make it so the game don't ping the server and you should be able to play your game until the end.

How ? Hm... that's harder to tell but basically we should scan the memory of the game at a specific time to find which adress actually ask for the server to response. And eventually freeze it so it won't ask for the a response anymore.

Doing so required the use of 3rd party program which is considered hacking and cheating and might result in a ban if found out. Thus would work just fine if not found out.

But saying "han this is impossible server side blablablah". Meh dude, you didn't even TRY !

ukiddingright

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » January 29, 2014 3:17pm | Report
Have YOU tried?
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » January 30, 2014 1:29am | Report
MadDanny wrote:

Is it possible to run it offline. Like say just to play practice mode alone?

yes I have always been in favor of this. And now as the game is closer to a release..they can release the demo version of the game in various magazines the world over. Let people play new arena in the practice mode without the need for an internet connection.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DrWizardz » September 11, 2017 4:50pm | Report
Yeah an offline mode would be great for ether practice or if your connection is down. please HiRez help us out. there is a lot of discussion on this online

DrWizardz

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }