Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Play(ed) LoL, Dota2, HoN?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Play(ed) LoL, Dota2, HoN? 16 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » March 13, 2013 10:07pm | Report
I played LoL back in 2011, up until I joined the SMITE beta back in June. Then I just stopped playing LoL entirely. A lot of it had to do with how much I preferred the flow of SMITE's gameplay, but there was also another factor.

A guy I play matches with by the username of Kakyoin01... or something like that. I had started moving into player vs. player competition after a couple weeks of practicing with him on bots, but he continued to stick to the bot games. Okay, sure, whatever. A couple months later, I've finally gotten the hang of the jungling role and he's still in bots. Okay, maybe he just dislikes the competitive atmosphere, but then he began complaining about people being "terrible" in bot games.

Uhm, last time I checked, there was nothing wrong with being playing badly in bots. Most players treat it as a testing ground for any new champion or experiemental build they're trying before they actually use it in PvP. Not to mention barely anyone takes bots seriously, except for the folks who are purposely trying to rack up a 50-kill streak to show off. The stupid didn't end there: later on, I ended up finding myself in an argument with him over builds in the "metagame". Something he had absolutely no first-hand experience with, yet he had the nerve to assume he knew stuff just because "I watched tournaments, so it must be meta!". Nothing I said to him got through to him: it was like talking to a brick wall that just assumed it was right because those tournament players must certainly be infallable gods of LoL. He was also unwilling to accept just how broken of an ability Flash was, considering how it was a "take it or lose" sort of deal, among other things.

I had dealt with trolls, feeders, noobs, and other scum in my time playing LoL, but arrogant hypocrites like him are where I draw the line. People like him are the reason why LoL feels stagnant, and has stuck itself into a design corner that it will never be able to escape from.

To this day, I don't believe he has ever set foot in a PvP game once. He still contniues to act like he's better than everyone else in said bot matches however, and continues to strut about his arrogance on the forums.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Skbrvhvhyvr » March 16, 2013 11:39am | Report
I myself started playing MOBAs with LoL for about 6 months, until I finally got sick and tired of being crowd-controlled and moved on after my gaming buddies all dispersed. I dabbled in HoN but it really didn't interest me that much because it was a case of "Second verse, same as the first" so, eh. The next MOBA to grab my attention was (one I'd be surprised if any of y'all heard of) Awesomenauts, for its 2D gameplay and aesthetics of a Saturday morning cartoon (that, and Totalbiscuit exposed me to it). It was a pretty fun and casual (probably too casual) game, but then I got sick and tired of being crowd-controlled (hm, deja vu) by the tanks in that game and slowly stopped playing it.

And now I'm here. I will say that, for the most part, Hi-Rez does make CC less annoying by having them toned down or tricky to aim. Granted, there's still some obnoxious examples of crowd control (Loki, Anubis, Ymir) but I mostly don't mind them.

Oh, yeah, and I tried DotA 2 and... no. Just... no.

Skbrvhvhyvr

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » March 17, 2013 1:21am | Report
Lol, MNC, SMNC, DotA (A little bit), Smite, DotA 2 and while some of you may not consider this to be hardcore enough, Awesomenauts.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » March 17, 2013 1:31am | Report
I have played Smite, Dota 2, LoL, HoN, Wrath of Heroes, SMNC. I didnt like the Dota community at all, and the learning curve was too extreme for me :(
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » March 17, 2013 1:32am | Report
Nogglez wrote:

I have played Smite, Dota 2, LoL, HoN, Wrath of Heroes, SMNC. I didnt like the Dota community at all, and the learning curve was too extreme for me :(

Play bots for DotA 2. Best advice I can give you.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » March 17, 2013 2:52am | Report
Quoted:
Play bots for DotA 2. Best advice I can give you.

That works all well and good when I play with some good friends, but it really shines how bad I am at traditional MOBAs when I feed in bot matches.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }