Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

My Computer Rebotted Itseft While Playing 'Smite'

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » My Computer Rebotted Itseft While Playing 'Smite' 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BayleePurdy » March 6, 2022 11:52pm | Report
Greetings to all,

I recently downloaded 'Smite' from Steam. But yesterday when I was playing the game on my Windows 10 PC, suddenly it rebooted itself. I have no idea why this happens. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Thanks in advance for your valuable answers.

My Current PC Setup is:

CPU: i5-7400
RAM: 2*8 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz
Motherboard: ASRock H110M
GPU: Zotac Gaming GeForce GTX 1650 Super
HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB
SSD: Crucial BX500 480GB

BayleePurdy

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » March 7, 2022 9:10am | Report
Could probably try see if it's a recurring issue if you relaunch the game, whether in 32 bit or 64 bit. Also could try running other games or a gpu stress test program like Heaven benchmark a couple of times and see if any problems come up.

Otherwise, can try running command prompt in admin mode and running commands like sfc /scannow and see if it detects any issues with your windows installation.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BayleePurdy » March 7, 2022 9:56pm | Report
The first thing I want to say is thanks for the quick response @Kriega1. This is the first time I've run into this kind of issue while gaming, since my PC is quite high-end, and I play other games like Counter-Strike and Dota 2. I never encountered this issue before.

And maybe I have figured out the issue after reading this article. At that time my PC's graphics driver got an update and which caused it to reboot. I cross-checked the thing. After that, I have not faced any issues, cheers.

BayleePurdy

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }