Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

match finding to long! xbox or playstation?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » match finding to long! xbox or playstation? 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by zwente 1309 » August 21, 2017 2:11am | Report
I play smite on the Playstation 4 but also have an Xbox one.
And I'm waiting for a match about 4-8 minutes and on a ranked match more than 10min. Whether I'm searching in Europe or in North America.

My question is can I find on the Xbox one perhaps faster a ranked match. Are more players on the xbox platform or on the playstation4?

I always find 10 minutes or more to wait for a ranked match very long.

Should I always on Northamerica search or rather in Europe?

Many Thanks

zwente 1309

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » August 21, 2017 4:02am | Report
This is an issue that appears because of 2 things:
1) SMITE's inherent matchmaking is, quite frankly, terrible.
2) Your internet speed and accessibility play a great role in finding games.

The first is something that nobody can do anything about, except Hi-Rez themselves. The reason matchmaking tends to take so long is because it tries to find players who're equal in skill level and/or Win/Loss ratio. With this, the matchmaking tries to balance games out for both teams, depending on where the Matchmaking predicts that you've reached a 50% W/L (because, balance). After 3 minutes or so, however, the matchmaking gives up on that idea entirely and just throws you in a game with whomever it can find. This is why 3-minute queues are fairly common.

The second would be your internet connection speed and accessibility. Your internet connection speed is pretty straightforward: the faster it is, the better, as you'll have an easier time sending your signal out to the world which will result in faster connection with others.
Internet accessibility is somewhat different, and we're mainly talking NAT-type. You may have heard of this before. The NAT-type is how accessible your internet is, and NAT-type has 3 settings.

NAT-type are commonly known as NAT type 1, 2 or 3, or NAT type Open, Moderate or Strict.
Depending on what NAT-Type you have, connection to others will be easier.

Between NAT type 1 or 2, or Open and Moderate, there generally isn't much of a difference, except for how it is set up. In terms of connectivity the differences are minor, however, where NAT type 1 tends to have slightly faster / better connectivity. With NAT type 2, you can pretty much do whatever NAT type 1 can do, so if you have type 2, you're all set.

If you have type 3 or Strict, however, is where trouble arises. You'll have a lot of restrictions on your connectivity, and you're unable to be the host of any multiplayer lobbies. If you have NAT-type 3, you'll have to forward your PlayStation or Xbox network ports in your router.
To check your NAT-type on PlayStation, go to "settings", "Network", and then "View Connection Status".

I don't know how to check this on Xbox.

To check your internet speed, you can use a variety of websites on the internet which will send a ping to your IP, and show you how fast your connection is depending on how long it took your IP to respond.

If your internet speed / connection is high enough and stable, and your NAT-type is at least 2 / Moderate, then I don't know what your issue could be, and you may have to contact your internet provider for further assistance. It's not the PSN Network or the lack of players on PS4, I usually tend to have up to 2-minute queues tops with the occasional ~3 minute queue. Hope this was of any use to you.

Note: The region you search in doesn't have a huge impact unless your internet isn't very good to begin with. I've searched and played games searching for NA servers in the past, and I live in Europe.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by zwente 1309 » August 21, 2017 4:14am | Report
Thank you for your answer that helped me.

I'm nat type 2 but try to improve that today.

There are the tips should I search at all in Europe or is it easier always to search in North America where are most players on the road?

And I can read somewhere where there are more players on which platform if only 400,000 people on the ps4 play and 2million on the xbox then I change but rather
  or?

zwente 1309

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » August 21, 2017 6:24am | Report
Hey zwente 1309

For best results, use the servers closest to where you live. If you live in America, NA servers will be better for you as opposed to European servers and vice versa.

I don't know if you can check player count for PS4 or Xbox anywhere. I know you can do so for the PC version through SteamCharts for example, but have yet to find anything like this for the console versions.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }