Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Mars!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Mars! 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » August 13, 2013 7:58pm | Report
Does anyone think that there will be a chance that Hi-rez will add Mars to the Roman roster?

I know that we already have Ares The Greek version of Mars but I would love to see him in the game as a spear wielding physical bruiser/tank but I don't think I should get my hopes up :(

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » August 13, 2013 9:53pm | Report
Yeah, not reccomended to get your hopes up. I'm sure they won't do the roman eqivilant of the same god.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » August 13, 2013 10:11pm | Report
I reckon mars would have been a much better version than Ares though..
Also if you think about it most of the Roman gods wont be done because their Greek counter parts are already in the game :(

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » August 13, 2013 10:17pm | Report
Yes but if you study more roman god you find they have a lot of unique ones themselves. In my opinion, Ares is the better choice over Mars, granted, I wasn't expecting his skill kit when he first came out (I was expecting a little something like pantheon). If Mars would be implemented, I hope I get the melee physical fighter I was hoping for.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » August 13, 2013 10:23pm | Report
Yeh same I was expecting ares to have an awesome warrior kit. I really didnt expect his S&M kit lol

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » August 13, 2013 10:28pm | Report
If they ever rework ares or make mars I hope they make him something like Garen, I don't know really, I just wasn't expecting him to have an S&M kit.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » August 13, 2013 10:54pm | Report
I think id actually prefer a re-work on ares instead of buffing/nerfing and altering skills slightly.

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » August 13, 2013 11:08pm | Report
I don't see the point in adding Mars since he is the Roman version of Ares .

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » August 13, 2013 11:21pm | Report
If you read threw the lore though there are differences, for example in roman lore mars is a favored son and second in importance only to Jupiter (Zues)

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » August 13, 2013 11:22pm | Report
I have always heard rumors about an Ares re-work, and I think he does need one. However, there are others (Like Bastet and Hel) who need one far more than he does.

Granted, his visual properties are excellent, I just can't stand his kit. I feel like he is either too good, or too bad, depending on the player. Don't even get me started on his Ult, but it has certainly lost his touch.

If they change him up, I would love to see him as a physical melee, and instead of chains he implements more war-themed skills. His Bolster Defenses is the one skill I believe really fits him, but the ones with chains don't fit at all to me (although they look cool).

They could change him to Mars, as a consequence of a re-work.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }