Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Lets have a talk about SUPPORTS!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Lets have a talk about SUPPORTS! 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WPviking » January 7, 2014 2:12am | Report
Hello everyone, lets hear your thoughts on the supports in SMITE

what is YOUR favorite support? maybe you dont even play support, but you like some special god to lane with in the duo lane!

lets hear your thoughts! Mine is totally Sobek! brings so much to the table! and the teamfight presence is so big!

LETS HEAR YOURS! LEGGO!

-WPVIKING

WPviking

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 7, 2014 2:44am | Report
Athena is my favorite. I like Sobek, but I hate more passive supports (despite Charge Prey, he's seen as a counter-initiator). I love aggressive supports - I stem from a Thresh/Leona LoL player.

Athena brings map control, which no other tank currently does (even though many are mobile). Athena also has a rather uniquely-easy to land CC on multiple targets on the enemy team - Tail whip is too short, Ymir's Frost Breath is way too hard to reliably land on multiple people unless he blink freezes very well, and Bacchus has a big wind up on the belch (discounting his ult, for the moment). Her downfall is her lack of utility past her combo. A sobek can fling, fall back, and tail whip, an Ymir has a positional wall that can be utilized well, and a Bacchus...well he doesn't have it either. But an Athena kind of needs to 1-3-2-3proc and it doens't leave anything outside of her combo. This is patched up by building high utility and still being effective defensive wise with shield block - Sovereignty, Witch Stone, Void Stone, etc. Help the team outside the initiate.

That's just my opinion, however, and only stems from MY playstyle. I consider Sobek the best support in the game, he's just not my niche.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » January 7, 2014 4:00am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Athena is my favorite. I like Sobek, but I hate more passive supports (despite Charge Prey, he's seen as a counter-initiator). I love aggressive supports - I stem from a Thresh/Leona LoL player.

Athena brings map control, which no other tank currently does (even though many are mobile). Athena also has a rather uniquely-easy to land CC on multiple targets on the enemy team - Tail whip is too short, Ymir's Frost Breath is way too hard to reliably land on multiple people unless he blink freezes very well, and Bacchus has a big wind up on the belch (discounting his ult, for the moment). Her downfall is her lack of utility past her combo. A sobek can fling, fall back, and tail whip, an Ymir has a positional wall that can be utilized well, and a Bacchus...well he doesn't have it either. But an Athena kind of needs to 1-3-2-3proc and it doens't leave anything outside of her combo. This is patched up by building high utility and still being effective defensive wise with shield block - Sovereignty, Witch Stone, Void Stone, etc. Help the team outside the initiate.

That's just my opinion, however, and only stems from MY playstyle. I consider Sobek the best support in the game, he's just not my niche.

Seems that we're the completely opposite, Raventhor. Athena is one of the few tanks I'm not good with, and Sobek is my personal favorite.

The zoning Sobek provides is amazing, people fear you if you hit 2 or 3 sucessful Charge Preys in-lane. If you manage to hit your Charge Prey on the enemy, and your carry has a high-burst, like Anhur, then it's a guaranteed kill. Tail Whip can be used to peel-off enemies from your carry and yourself. Sickening Strike is more of a damaging move, but is also made to reduce the enemies' healing, making a great counter to Healing Based Supports, like Aphrodite and Hel. His ultimate is the huge steroid that most tanks have, with that slow and mana regeneration. My current build for Sobek is Sovereignty, Breastplate of Valor, Void Stone, and the situationals.

I just don't like Athena for a few reasons. I feel that she is too squishy to play as, even though she has that block. And also, has I mentioned, I don't how to play her well yet. Though, I would still prefer Sobek, he is a special cookie for me.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » January 7, 2014 1:00pm | Report
I'm going to have to go with the majority here and say Sobek. He can be a pretty intimidating tank to go against, and he's just fun to play.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }